DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I think that that "Firestorm" will be like a staw fire. For about one or two weeks a lot of people will play and then everyone is sick of it. I am not going to try out that BR-mode because I expect a lot of annoying little kids to play it. If you look in the comment section of some Youtube videos about "Firestorm" you can already see a lot of obvious kids commenting there. Also people will be annoyed by the imbalance quite quickly since there are things like tanks in this game mode. A well organized squad possessing one or two tanks will easily steamroll all the other players. Maybe "Firestorm" will generate a little hype, however it will definitely not be lasting and probably less fun than the trailer promises it to be.

Unfortunately, those “annoying kids” are 30-45 year old “adults.”

the average gamer is 30+ years old so why is that surprising?

Where did I say it was surprising? I already knew that to be true.
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its gonna be something about crying or tears or someone cryharding. Can't change the station.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think that that "Firestorm" will be like a staw fire. For about one or two weeks a lot of people will play and then everyone is sick of it. I am not going to try out that BR-mode because I expect a lot of annoying little kids to play it. If you look in the comment section of some Youtube videos about "Firestorm" you can already see a lot of obvious kids commenting there. Also people will be annoyed by the imbalance quite quickly since there are things like tanks in this game mode. A well organized squad possessing one or two tanks will easily steamroll all the other players. Maybe "Firestorm" will generate a little hype, however it will definitely not be lasting and probably less fun than the trailer promises it to be.

because you mentioned age as if adults cant complain, this game is +18 anyway so everyone posting anything on it is an adult. if there was a person that put 2 hours into positive, and another that put 2 hours of negative, its the same thing. So its kinda kettle meet pot remark you seemed to imply. Maybe I missed you intent with the remark? which was?

You did. I didn’t say adults can’t complain. I referenced adults complaining like children, which is how 90% of the “complaints” come across.
  • TEKNOCODE

because you mentioned age as if adults cant complain, this game is +18 anyway so everyone posting anything on it is an adult. if there was a person that put 2 hours into positive, and another that put 2 hours of negative, its the same thing. So its kinda kettle meet pot remark you seemed to imply. Maybe I missed you intent with the remark? which was?

You did. I didn’t say adults can’t complain. I referenced adults complaining like children, which is how 90% of the “complaints” come across.

its cliche, yet my comment still stands. there are literal review trailers and videos of grown men acting childish with excitement about this game. no difference at all except perspective.
    I don’t really watch reviews, so I haven’t seen it. That said, I would comment on those children too.

• Faylum
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The best thing about this game mode is that if it succeeds the battlefield franchise will literally die out entirely and no one seems to get why. Why make another battlefield game, when you can just design some crappy BR game that will last forever and only ever needs upgraded maps, some sparkly guns and some SKINNNZZZ. You better hope this game mode fails so battlefield can get back to being a tactical shooter, with vehicles and good map design. Or this franchise will never recover.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just hope Firestorm stays away from ToW objectives.
  • xKusagamix
    1182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Faylum wrote: »
    The best thing about this game mode is that if it succeeds the battlefield franchise will literally die out entirely and no one seems to get why. Why make another battlefield game, when you can just design some crappy BR game that will last forever and only ever needs upgraded maps, some sparkly guns and some SKINNNZZZ. You better hope this game mode fails so battlefield can get back to being a tactical shooter, with vehicles and good map design. Or this franchise will never recover.
    Highly doubt that, if it succeeds then there it will mostly become a seperate game. Just like Apex Legends and Titanfall, same universe, difference games.

It's EA we're talking about so why sell a $60 game that have the iconic Battlefield franchise with a seperate Battle Royale mode done in a Battlefield way instead of selling 2 of its?
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    I just hope Firestorm stays away from ToW objectives.

pretty sure its already confirmed. someone went through all the files and has a good write up on reddit

Confirmed what? That we will have to play it to complete ToW objectives?
  • Ceph777
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I will for sure try it out. If its a total train wreck I will wait and read reviews and patch notes.
  • KPNuts74
    691 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not me, can’t wait!
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Great point!
  • Faylum
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    Highly doubt that, if it succeeds then there it will mostly become a seperate game. Just like Apex Legends and Titanfall, same universe, difference games.

It's EA we're talking about so why sell a $60 game that have the iconic Battlefield franchise with a seperate Battle Royale mode done in a Battlefield way instead of selling 2 of its?

You can highly doubt what you like but there are facts involved in this. Look at EA, do you think that company wants to spend money developing something so complex and balanced or do you think they would rather design something with minimal resources that only needs a new map once in a blue moon and can sell endless skins and emotes? Hmm i wonder guys what would EA (knowing their history) choose. Hmmmm, this requires lots of deep thought!!!
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    Battle Royal for me is extremely boring.
    Firstly you can spend a few minyutes waiting to start.. then with a bad landing spot be dead in seconds (even worse with the hardcore ttd).. game over. Yawn.

Then there is the staying out of sight. Hiding tactic. Boring.

Exactly
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »

They should have done this in the first place ... make 2 seperate games.

The BR elements don't fit in/match with "normal" BF and are killing BF V.

Firestorm should have been a seperate game.
This discussion has been closed.