DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• Trokey66
    9112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh dear......
  • GeneralXIV
    306 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I probably will be ignoring it :/

As a 29 year old woman, I often think Im not within the target audience for this game some of the time. Especially because of my love of RPGs and overall dislike for FPS games (though I enjoy both Battlefield V and Battlefront II). To me, being honest, the trailer looks a little childish and Im not sure I understand the point of battle royale. Is it true you only have a single life?
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have every confidence it will be a success
  • Marcusspinner
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not into Battle Royal at least PUBG horrible game. Still though I'm interested to see BR in WW setting and with better graphics than PUBG or Fornite and Apex. Still though I'm not going to be detecated to Firestorm because I love me some basic BFV so when I'm fed up with normal I switch to BR and back. Still happy to see this mode in the game. Please DICE no more rush and bring back "Conquest Tank" mode
  • Jamesonoid
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GeneralXIV wrote: »

As a 29 year old woman, I often think Im not within the target audience for this game some of the time. Especially because of my love of RPGs and overall dislike for FPS games (though I enjoy both Battlefield V and Battlefront II). To me, being honest, the trailer looks a little childish and Im not sure I understand the point of battle royale. Is it true you only have a single life?

The point of BR is to be the last one standing out of some number of players(typically 100 but in BFV's case 64). You're dropped into the map and scavenger for loot while a circle constricts the play zone to force players towards each other. The last player or squad alive wins. You only have one life, but when playing with a squad you can be revived. TTK also isn't as fast as something like BFV, usually you can take some damage before going down(I don't know what the damage will be like in Firestorm though).
  • GeneralXIV
    306 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019

The point of BR is to be the last one standing out of some number of players(typically 100 but in BFV's case 64). You're dropped into the map and scavenger for loot while a circle constricts the play zone to force players towards each other. The last player or squad alive wins. You only have one life, but when playing with a squad you can be revived. TTK also isn't as fast as something like BFV, usually you can take some damage before going down(I don't know what the damage will be like in Firestorm though).

See, I still dont understand the point. If I play Conquest I can choose the guns I want to have and customize them rather than using pickups. If I played battle royale and parachuted down, found myself a gun and then stayed with my squad to help them survive, but was headshotted by a sniper after a few minutes... then what? Would I go into a spectator mode or would I be able to still play somehow? Because if I only have 1 life in battle royale, why would I choose to play that instead of another game mode in Battlefield V where I can respawn as much as I want and keep playing even after being shot in the face?

Sorry, btw, I dont mean to insult anything people enjoy. Ive never played a battle royale game and they dont really seem like my thing. I kinda struggle to understand the point really :P
  • Jamesonoid
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

See, I still dont understand the point. If I play Conquest I can choose the guns I want to have and customize them rather than using pickups. If I played battle royale and parachuted down, found myself a gun and then stayed with my squad to help them survive, but was headshotted by a sniper after a few minutes... then what? Would I go into a spectator mode or would I be able to still play somehow? Because if I only have 1 life in battle royale, why would I choose to play that instead of another game mode in Battlefield V where I can respawn as much as I want and keep playing even after being shot in the face?

Sorry, btw, I dont mean to insult anything people enjoy. Ive never played a battle royale game and they dont really seem like my thing. I kinda struggle to understand the point really :P

There is an element of your choices being more important, and it's more thrilling because of having one life, finding rare loot, more intense situations etc. If you die you could spectate your team or just leave and join a new match.

I don't play BR either, I'll probably give Firestorm a try just because. It'll be hard to beat good ol' conquest though.
  • VA_PATRIOT
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    JanTwardy wrote: »
    Is there anyone else in here who will never touch or play this mode?

Serious question though.....

Why do you intend to 'ignore' it and what is the point of this thread?

To show disappointed with new BFV and the new direction.

We get BR but don't have finished RUSH ( one of the most popular modes in BF series ) We just get some demo for a limited time only on 3 maps.

Is it so hard to understand...?

We got TDM but no Chainlink or War Pigeons or Gun Master or a plethora of other modes that have been tried. Where are the threads about that?

Firestorm is simply a new, albeit large, mode that may or may not succeed.

If you like it play it, if you don't, don't.

But what I don't understand is this incessant crying about it.

Considering the brand new community broadcast response it's clear you are merely just in the way of any progress with the game. They are obviously hearing something otherwise they wouldn't have created this new sense of community response. I understand you cannot see the logic in repeating the same issues players want addressed, but your participation in those posts isn't being asked. Its also rich you asking "where are those posts" since you literally went on an EA Forums searching spree in hopes to disclaiming my reported bug and known issue.

IMHO they did not create FS due to "community response". They did it because they wanted to try to hop onto the Fortenite and PUBG bandwagon. They same way they decided to be SJW's by injecting their ideas about gender equality into the game. EA/DICE have proven themselves to be so tone deaf it's a running joke now.

This is the post of the year...Truth
  • MurfCr
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    not much interest in it. Will I play it? a little just to try it. Not into BR games. Dice should have invested more into getting the BR style 4th day in operations a better chance of being played. Have only played it 1 time since launch.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV= Fyre Festival of gaming. LOL. This is a total disaster. Nobody’s asked for Fyre-storm, but here we are. Nobody asked for these crappy maps and useless and comical customizations, but here we are. Jamming things down people’s throats is an effective way to obliterate the fan base. Gg DICE.
  • Trokey66
    9112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV= Fyre Festival of gaming. LOL. This is a total disaster. I didn't ask for Fyre-storm, but here I am. I didn't ask for these crappy maps and useless and comical customizations, but here I am. Jamming things down my throat is an effective way to make me cry. Gg DICE.

Fixed.

Whilst some may share your view, others do not.

You do not speak for everyone and therefore the correction above is all you can say.
  • SithMetal71
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    may give it ago, but mostly sticking with CQ, hopefully Rush stays and done on all maps
  • SithMetal71
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    QwarHimos wrote: »
    I give you 1000000000% it won't be possible to ignore because Dice will focus ToW assignments around BR and there is nothing we can do.

Buy whatever the ToW reward is with CC?
    Game still plays without having to do ToW right?

yeah, but it's the unlocks, if we are forced to play for unlocks then that's just ridiculous. Why don't they just add these unlocks to the shipments page.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2019
    Firestorm is like War of The Worlds. The crusty old Battlefield players are merrily going about their business. But somewhere out there millions of eyes are watching.

Post edited by warslag on
  • MAJWolfcookies
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV= Fyre Festival of gaming. LOL. This is a total disaster. I didn't ask for Fyre-storm, but here I am. I didn't ask for these crappy maps and useless and comical customizations, but here I am. Jamming things down my throat is an effective way to make me cry. Gg DICE.

Fixed.

Whilst most may share your view, I do not because I am a brainless zombie fan-boy.

You do not speak for me and the rest of my fanboys who will defend DICE even if they crapped in our mouths and told us it was gourmet chocolate... this really happened btw.

Fixed. Nice try Turkey66.

Apart from the above being factually incorrect unlike yours?

OK......

Cool. Enjoy that gourmet chocolate!
  • trip1ex
    5228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am actually excited to see how Firestorm turns out.

I am enjoying Apex currently even though not a BR fan.

But the vibe of the Firestorm trailer had more of a WW2 feel to it. Kind of a light hearted secret weapons feel to it. Comic book WW2 feel. And it's actually a different mode unlike the 6 or 7 versions of Conquest they have now. And unlike those vanilla modes this one actually looks like it will have received a lot more thought.

I didn't buy BFV so maybe that's why this has me excited. IT's something that might cause me to get the game even though I'm no BR fan. I'm a fun fan.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "I don't like something therefore you can't like it

That's the logic here.

Pretty simple; don't like it don't play it. You can kick and scream and carry on all your want; people wanted a BR mode in Battlefield. How quickly do we forget all those threads just on the forums alone calling for it? I remember cos I was against it because BR doesnt fit with the objective that bf is going for (a team based shooter). Even scavenger and gun game modes added in BF3/4 where team based. Remember squad deathmatch?

I'm not really a fan of BR modes especially those that don't even work; but I'll try out firestorm. Why not it's more content for me to play. Some of you bf players would do well to play something other then conquest for once. If I don't like it I won't play it and if I do enjoy it all play if alongside conquest, ops, dom, tdm etc.

No amount of denial and tantrums is gonna see firestorm cancelled/removed. YOU can only voice YOUR sole opinion. Given how small this forum actually is; see plenty of support for the mode on social media and discord so this "no one wants this" is just blantent lies and you know it.

Yes we want more content for the main course, the multiplayer; yes we want bugs fixed etc but no amount of posts on the forums are gonna change any of that.
  • GVlXxf
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    firestorm is a cheater paradise, if u want to see the God , come there.
  • ReignerDeustcher
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i don't care about this fortnite crap
This discussion has been closed.