DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• full951
    2455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    you can ignore it when it comes out but it doesn't change you acknowledge its existence now.
  • Broliszibaila
    282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't support a gamemode that's the reason why the rest of the game is bad.

Health and ammo attrition? Because Battle Royale.
    Revive animations, and animations in general? Because BR.
    Addition of squad revive and the supposed addition of dragging? Because BR.
    Removal of spotting and the addition of a ping system? Because BR.
    Smaller squads? Probably helped along by BR, to make squadding up in 64 player Firestorm even.
    Fortification system? Probably because BR.

Well said. Now we can see why they decided to do such things for BF game. Because they long time ago were aiming for BR - instead focusing making good ww2 BF game.
  • StormSaxon
    642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have 0 interest in any tedious battle royal mode.

However I suspect I’ll be forced to play it to unlock some gun that will be great.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10790 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    I have 0 interest in any tedious battle royal mode.

However I suspect I’ll be forced to play it to unlock some gun that will be great.

You can always unlock the weapon via CC.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Smaller squads? Probably helped along by BR, to make squadding up in 64 player Firestorm even.

There is probably truth to all of this. BFV was probably ruined because of BR.
  • ElliotLH
    8137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I give you 1000000000% it won't be possible to ignore because Dice will focus ToW assignments around BR and there is nothing we can do.

Just so long as we don't need to win a match. I'm almost certain they won't do that though. Almost.
  • SirBobdk
    4011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not my kind of gameplay so not interested
  • herodes87
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can't ignore it If you want new guns and vehicles.

Dice will force you to Play it with ToW.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10790 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    You can't ignore it If you want new guns and vehicles.

Dice will force you to Play it with ToW.

You can. Unlock with CC.
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not for me.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 9
    QwarHimos wrote: »
    I give you 1000000000% it won't be possible to ignore because Dice will focus ToW assignments around BR and there is nothing we can do.

Buy whatever the ToW reward is with CC?
    Game still plays without having to do ToW right?

And what about chapter progression XP? Will Dice allow me to purchase it with some CC too?
    Post edited by llPhantom_Limbll on
  • Trokey66
    8243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It is doubtful that attrition is in the base game solely because of Firestorm. BF4's Scavenger mode had an attrition type mechanic that was not in the base game.

Rightly or wrongly, animations have been increasing not because of Firestorm. Indeed, the 'community' have wanted vehicle entry and exit animations.

Squad revive? There is no evidence to support this.

Again, spotting was more likely removed because the 'community' didn't like it and not necessarily because of Firestorm.

Squad size? As above, there is no evidence to suggest this was changed because of Firestorm.

And as for Fortifications, again, the 'community' wanted this in the base game.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wont bother. I didn't like PUBG at all.
  • zenn_nme
    797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not my cup of tea, but to each its own.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It will be trash to most and appeal to very few. probably why its not included in the game yet and little to no info on a game mode that was suppose to be all this hype lol

DICE = inept
  • JanTwardy
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Is there anyone else in here who will never touch or play this mode?

Serious question though.....

Why do you intend to 'ignore' it and what is the point of this thread?

To show disappointed with new BFV and the new direction.

We get BR but don't have finished RUSH ( one of the most popular modes in BF series ) We just get some demo for a limited time only on 3 maps.

Is it so hard to understand...?
  • Woodlbrad
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll give it a try don't see myself sticking with it for very long id rather play conquest.