DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still not tried it today either dude.

So edgy
  • SAM32H
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is by far the worst game mode i have played in a battlefield game .
    Loot some unbalanced weapons and spend the rest of the match looking for action . 64 players is too little for the map and the map is boring and un interesting , net code problems ........ etc

Can't believe dice speant all this time on a bad game mode .
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I like variety in gameplay and not the same thing over and over. It seems that the loyalist maybe turning into grumpy old men and any change is not welcome. I guess they want everyone playing their style and their gamemodes so they can enjoy the game.
  • CdubNadeskies
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ok so I land. pick up a gun and then have to load it ? and to think I bought the game solely for Firestorm, what a waste of money, thinking of reversing the charges and losing the account who gives a ****
  • Donidon
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Duos is coming in Chapter 3 Trial by Fire sometime between now and June. Demanding isn't going to do you any favors.

Per Jeff Braddock. https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/183527/battlefield-v-2019-roadmap-and-the-return-of-dev-talks/p1

Chapter 3 - Trial by Fire
    New Map - Mercury (based on Operation Mercury)
    New Mode - Outpost (we're waiting on some more content to go live that talks about this in more detail. Will come back and update this thread when it's live!)
    Updates to Combined Arms, bringing new matchmaking, hardcore mode, and two missions on Fjell
    Introduction of Duos to Firestorm
    Read more about Chapter 3 HERE

I know that.
    But duo is planned only for a limited time. We need it now! The one-player mode could have come later.

• CdubNadeskies
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SAM32H wrote: »
    This is by far the worst game mode i have played in a battlefield game .
    Loot some unbalanced weapons and spend the rest of the match looking for action . 64 players is too little for the map and the map is boring and un interesting , net code problems ........ etc

Can't believe dice speant all this time on a bad game mode .

Not only the worst game mode of ANY Battlefield game, but this is the worst BR ive ever played

• Catsonspeeed
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Donidon wrote: »
    Duos is coming in Chapter 3 Trial by Fire sometime between now and June. Demanding isn't going to do you any favors.

Per Jeff Braddock. https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/183527/battlefield-v-2019-roadmap-and-the-return-of-dev-talks/p1

Chapter 3 - Trial by Fire
    New Map - Mercury (based on Operation Mercury)
    New Mode - Outpost (we're waiting on some more content to go live that talks about this in more detail. Will come back and update this thread when it's live!)
    Updates to Combined Arms, bringing new matchmaking, hardcore mode, and two missions on Fjell
    Introduction of Duos to Firestorm
    Read more about Chapter 3 HERE

But duo is planned only for a limited time.

You're joking, right? Have they actually said that it would be for a limited time only?
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still not tried it today either dude.

So edgy

I know right??
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BTW, can we have a separate Firestorm section on BFV forums now? Just in case.

This is actually a great idea, because it's not really battlefield, and so needs its own section.
  • SirToppimHat
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had a lot of fun playing this morning, once i got a squad with mics (rare). i see what people say about the looting system, and i think there needs to be a rank/unlocks associated with firestorm that are different than the multiplayer. similar to COD, right now we have the same assignments etc.. getting 20 kills in objective areas is not possible, so making Firestorm have unique unlocks would be awesome. but for day one launch i was having a great time, heart pumping, close shootouts, calling in support, working as a team. all the things i love about battlefield. hopefully they keep working to make it better adding 100 players and unlocks to keep people motivated to play.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    edited March 25
    1. The looting system is kind of difficult. The types of ammo per weapon need to be clearly marked for looting simplicity.
    2. TTK is far too fast and unforgiving. Needs to be much slower of a death. Not having time to react in a mode where respawning is not a thing is not good or fun.
    3. Balance feels the exact same for the main game. Need to separate balance and then balance accordingly.
    4. The loot vomit on death needs to change. It needs to be in a box that you can open and then search through.
    5. The inventory screen that stays up on screen needs to be simplified. Armor Plates can be an icon, same with meds. Too cluttered
    6. Loot needs to be a bit better distributed, it feels desolate at times.
    7. The map feels too large for 64 players.
    8. Guns need to be loaded by default.
    9. Armor should either be full on landing, or you should have to find armor. Repairing armor on landing seems pointless
    10. The HUD moving as you run needs an option to turn off. If there is an option, I didn't see it

Will adjust after more time in game, but this is my initial feeling after 4 hours
  • Cropulus
    282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How many maps do they need to design to keep the community happy if you are already asking for new maps six hours in the game? Serious question.
  • BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Doc seems to be lovin it

+1 on more info about the server locations as I can't enjoy this great game with 190+ ping : (
  • leyendaoscura
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    change the reviving animation on firestorm the original animation on the game is better than that :neutral:
  • pagess-
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't know why we were left out again by Dice for local servers. This has happened before and took a long time (some months with out exaggeration) for us to get local servers for BF1. BFV there were local servers with the Beta and at launch. So we have local servers now, yet for Firestorm we don't? The whole community is appalled by the lack of attention we generally get from Dice now this is just the cherry on the top.
    Dice. Give us servers. Please (I don't know why I need to beg for this) give us servers so we can enjoy a BR game for once without ping screwing us over like every other BR game has.
  • grrlpurple
    838 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have always hated elimination type game modes. Always. Not even because I'm bad at them, I rocked last man standing modes in the Uncharted series for the trophies I wanted for platinum, but they were painful games. I'm certain I won't enjoy firestorm.
  • bahamud70
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bigest fail ewer,entire game is fail
  • mrtwotimes
    805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh I'll try it...see what it's like.
  • 0KNMDM
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 29
    deleted
    Post edited by 0KNMDM on