DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    10804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People don’t zerg at me every 12 seconds, campers.
    But, zergquest.
  • Muxje
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played a few rounds so far and I am liking it.
    PUBG was too hardcore for me, with no threat indicator I usually ended up dead before even seeing the enemy. Apex is a bit too chaotic, half the time I am wondering what the hell I am looting, plus I'm no fan of the different characters. Fortnite just didn't do it for me.. But Firestorm is right in my comfort zone. As mentioned the map is a bit large for 64 players and the looting system and matchmaking need improving, but I like the relative simplicity and familiarity of the game. TTK didn't seem off to me; long range kills seem hard (maybe that's just me) but I prefer that over being nailed by one shot wonders.
  • Pajit45layer
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    change the reviving animation on firestorm the original animation on the game is better than that :neutral:

You're Right
  • duellingcarl
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. Why add armor? Now some people are gigantic bullet sponges like in Blackout and Apex. Not fun.
    2. TTK way too long. I hit guys so much and they don't go down yet I get peaced out quick. Probably has to do with armor.
    3. TTD way too quick. Netcode needs work still.
    4. Looting and inventory management needs to tweaking.
    5. The loot vomit when you kill a guy is rather childish and sometimes hard to see what they have. A loot box like in PUBG seems much more appropriate. Or how about a duffel bag?
    6. Guns need balancing. SMGs and shotguns feel like they don't do anything. DMRs do good amount of damage but recoil is a bit much. Snipers should do much more damage. I hit a guy about 4 times in chest and head area and no kill.
    7. I either got lag switched or suffered a massive framedrop 1v1 on the X and was dead when frames came back. He was one shot by the way. Totally frustrating.

Haven't touched the BFV MP yet but decided I'd give Firestorm a go and now I know BF1 is still the better balanced and more enjoyable game. BFV still has the same issues as I saw in the beta. Sad.
  • Dragongk2
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The fire doesn’t actually knocking or burns trees down like the video showed.

Grass looks fine even they are burning. Could have it changes to black ground burning to make it looks better.
  • grrlpurple
    799 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Invisible campers... Spawn, scavenge, die. Rinse and repeat for my firestorm experience so far.
  • 125-caio
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I do not know if this matchmaking is not working or if it does not have SA servers, but it's getting impossible to play here like that. Fix this, please! #BRAZIL
  • ShadoWawker
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used to think i hate battle royale games. Then i realized that i only hate fortnite

This firestorm is pretty fun not as good as apex legends but offers something different.

Only major issue is the loot scattering on death it needs loot bags like the other br games
  • Muxje
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another thing I'd like is a kill cam. Good for new players learning the ropes.
  • DaTigahKillah
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Add 4 more squads and try for 80 players max. Map size is more than enough for 64. Black Ops tried it so should you DICE
  • Donidon
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    You're joking, right? Have they actually said that it would be for a limited time only?

let me answer like that:

Another stupid decision in BF5 that has no explanation whatsoever. Are they trying to beat some kind of record with Bf5 or something?
  • Bos_AaP_ZA
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just tried playing...ping 169....lags for days. Pls Dice....Local servers.
  • ShadoWawker
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree i think all battle royale games should have multiple maps to make the games more diverse and interesting it gets stale always on the same map

Dice is used to making huge maps so hopefully they can come out with more soon
  • Daytonaflyer
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    [namecalling]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Daytonaflyer
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25

It looks like you never played or watch a battle royal game 🤣

Actually, I played Fortnite for a little while and I hated it. It was incredibly boring, and a total waste of time, but at least it had more depth than firestorm. At least in fortnite you could respawn.
    I felt it was a very bad idea when Battlefield announced they were going to introduce a battle royale mode. I was right, it's the worst mode ever in any Battlefield game in history.
    Post edited by Daytonaflyer on
  • rmanl
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it’s really simple, just don’t play it
  • doctorrocktor
    1798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just tried it,it's definitely not for me.Spent 10 mins wondering around untill i saw someone.If other people like it thats good,and i hope you enjoy playing it,but for me cq and breakthrough is my thing.
  • Weecheet
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1 MINUTE COUNTDOWN

Just out of curiosity - Firestorm and PUBG both have 1 minute countdown once some threshold amount of players join the server. My question is kinda technical - why is it so? Why cannot you start server immediately after 1 minute? That's literally ~1 hour of players time wasted (1 minute x 64 players)
  • IIIGanjubasIII
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The system of looting is too difficult.