DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• woba42
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not really, when you get knocked down the animation is kicing in too slow, in all that time he can finish you off already. So no point in the gun cuz you don't get to use it
  • DillyLad
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Once again we are an after thought. Left out. Dice why does this happen every time? We pay for our battlefield games just like everyone else and wait in anticipation for updates/releases such as Firestorm to only be bitterly disappointed at launch to realise once again we are not even thought of or included. Not good enough!
  • tigereyezz
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Every single round of the squad-gamemode is won by clans...no way to play with matchmaking random guys.

Solo-Battle royale is meh.

So Duo would have been the way to go...but yeah...we can't have that...for whatever reasons.

GG Dice... O_o
  • Mibu-No-Okami
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    woba42 wrote: »
    Not really, when you get knocked down the animation is kicing in too slow, in all that time he can finish you off already. So no point in the gun cuz you don't get to use it

I can confirm this, just happened to me right now. Downed a guy in a house ran into the house and there was one teammate and the downed guy shooting and killing me before I could shoot with my pistol.
  • TOG_Whiskey
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have tried it 3 times, killed within seconds of landing each time. 5 minute cycle to try again for seconds of gameplay. Lovely.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Ah okay that makes sense. Hopefully they can adjust that to where this isn’t so much of an animation or something.
  • Daytonaflyer
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    rmanl wrote: »
    it’s really simple, just don’t play it

No, it's much more complicated than that. I want the people at dice to know how bad this game sucks and how terrible the developers are who they put in charge of it. I want them to know how much the players hate Battlefield 5 and especially Firestorm mode.
  • Maun0_Mato
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Matchmaking doesn't work, we queued with 2 players today on several games, most of the queues take 3-4 minutes and even then it throws us 2 vs 4 man squads so we spent more than hour just looking at the queue today.

Looting/inventory is still terrible even though we knew that from the event, how can it be cleared by QA, there's absolutely nothing positive about it, just awful.

And why on earth can't we bind keys for all items in inventory instead of having to tab and "swap", we have like 100 free keys on the keyboards, feels like some console crap coming over to PC.
  • ShadoWawker
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ok so the matchmaking part is what it is the game needs to find players i get it

But then once you get into the pre round area the game then often makes you wait a long time to add players but why arent they there in the first place?

It says waiting for players to join before every match this should not happen the pre round should only start once you have enough people dont make us wait extra

And then on top of that of course then we get the one minute countdown. In total it can take easily 5-10 minutes before you actually get into a game from the time you start matchmaking. That is way too long 3-4 minutes would be reasonable
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just don't play it if you don't like it. Pretty simple.

With such philosophy - you can easily dig the grave for BF series. Pretty simple.

People have complained about various game modes as long as different modes have existed. Some people hate TDM, others hate Rush and so on. The man was right, if you don't like the BR mode, vote with your feet and don't play it. If enough people feel the same EA will get the message by looking at how many (or few) are playing Firestorm. But if it is a success then you will have to accept that the customers have spoken and just deal with a game mode you dislike being popular.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Muxje wrote: »
    Another thing I'd like is a kill cam. Good for new players learning the ropes.

Rofl if they cant get the kill cam working in the base game 5 months after launch goodluck waiting on one for this lol Game mode will be dead in a month or two once the novelty wears off.Nobody really wanted a battleroyal.

• rmanl
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good luck with that.

In my eyes Firestorm and the main game are 2 totally different things. Don’t care for BR but Im not going to cry about it and blame it for the state BF5 is in.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Format and location?

Was nothing like that for me earlier PS4 EU
  • NastySix
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I stopped reading after "I had no idea that once you die, you have to sit there and wait for the entire game to end before you can play again".

And I like it when 50% jumps out the second they can...so please learn how to play BR and don't be such a crywolf....
  • Esa-Lala
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wana also cry here but im so done with BF.This is pretty much the last BF i game i waste my money on. Lets All be legands and play a real game like APEX......
  • Daytonaflyer
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NastySix wrote: »
    I stopped reading after "I had no idea that once you die, you have to sit there and wait for the entire game to end before you can play again".

And I like it when 50% jumps out the second they can...so please learn how to play BR and don't be such a crywolf....

On the PS4 version of Fortnite you can respawn immediately after you die. Learn before commenting, dummy.
  • PoppaPappo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well being able to shoot a weapon when knocked doesn't really come in handy when you already get finished off before the animation kicks in haha

Were you playing solo? I had a feeling this would happen when solo. With a squad there I would hope they could distract the guy enough that you could survive.
  • BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 26
    WE NEED SERVERS IN SOUTH AFRICA CURRENTLY 190+ PING

A huge problem is that we can only use matchmaking, when using matchmaking on conquest or other game modes it always adds a player to/or or creates a local server that players region so maybe they need to fix it.

The long term solution would be to allow us to set our region when using matchmaking or even better just search for Firestorm servers from the advanced search. With less players later down the line we will eventually struggle to find a local firestorm server. It happened with Blackout which I would imagine killed that game locally.

Post edited by BIO30NGclankillr on