DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• ShadoWawker
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They went the Borderlands route of everything going everywhere like a terrible loot pinata? except that it actually works in Borderlands because it's a pve game.

Yea its a mess. And at least in borderlands its more spread out so you can see each item in this everything is so cluttered items are literally on top of each other and you cant even see them properly
  • goldfinger_is_OP
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NZ player here - been trying to find a game for an hour......
  • Grind2TheCore
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And also a kill cam would be nice and the ability to spectate in first person none of this 3rd person crap.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had a lot of fun playing this morning, once i got a squad with mics (rare). i see what people say about the looting system, and i think there needs to be a rank/unlocks associated with firestorm that are different than the multiplayer. similar to COD, right now we have the same assignments etc.. getting 20 kills in objective areas is not possible, so making Firestorm have unique unlocks would be awesome. but for day one launch i was having a great time, heart pumping, close shootouts, calling in support, working as a team. all the things i love about battlefield. hopefully they keep working to make it better adding 100 players and unlocks to keep people motivated to play.

agree 100%, the heart pumping is good just wish it could happen in multiplayer too.
  • Noodlesocks
    3530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most Battle Royale games are bullet sponges. Disappointing to see Fyrestorm go the same way.
  • eyeSight
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm in 2 Words: A JOKE.
    Why? Because there is no DUO-Mod
    Everytime me and my mate start a Squad-Round we dont get randoms in our Team even when we have our Team as Public. It is everytime a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 4 vs. 2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ YOU DICE, its SCAM what you did to us, you took our Money to make a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ like this! SCAM!
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    T0TALfps wrote: »
    We've forwarded this sentiment through to the team, thanks! :)

good to hear! thanks for the quick response!
  • Lexen
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    or just a backpack
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Op hasn't played a BR then goes to blast Firestorm because of his ignorance.

You only get ONE life. That's it in BR; after you get killed you will spectate your killer (or in squads if still alive fellow squad members) but if you don't want to you can just simply quit. Yeah the loading times ATM can be a little fickle but otherwise the mode does work just fine.

Either play it more and get good or don't play it at all. That's your only two options with a BR; it's not for everyone.

Oh and in fornite you do not respawn; that's only available in LTM such as Team Rumble and Disco Domination were respawn in enabled because the modes (tdm/Dom) aren't BR.

So I'm starting to sense a pattern here and it's not the games fault
  • LeonardoHans
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Surprisingly good addition, kuddos to Criterion. People already are moving out though because its impossible to play nicely with 150+ ping. Where is SA servers?
  • r3cklesshate23ps
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Roe_Roekii wrote: »
    Sadly I still like BF5, I was so excited for this mode, just for the added content, but it just seems like a second thought to them, like the developers don't actually care about developing the game

They never had any intention to care about the development just the $ BF fans would put into it, but the devs arent putting any money into it thats for god damned sure.
  • XxmOss72xX
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Overall... I ain't mad at it.... This is coming from somebody that doesn't typically play BR. We'll see if I continue to have this opinion once the new wears off of it.

The UI... please do something... if I have a ton of crap in my inventory... it feels like I need to do the hokey pokey and turn myself around before I can pull up what I need and be able to use it. Instead of "swap" it would be easier to just put the cursor on the item and "y" cycle through it. Double tapping y for pistol doesn't always read well.

Double this for loot... and just tapping x for buddy revive. That's always been a complaint of mine... I lose precious seconds when I attempt to reload rather that revive.

Is there any reason why they can't take this awesome map and run other modes on it?
  • Donidon
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Best BR!
    Apex is 4 CoD and Fortnite kiddys.
    Firestorm is a mutch better PUBG.
  • Prep768
    3468 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019

The kill feed says yes

NB - please do NOT like, subscribe or indeed hit the notifications button
    NB2 - V rocket caused friendly fire?
  • Nightfire95
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

UPDATE:
    If you're having issues with matchmaking as a full squad, don't click PLAY NOW until your squad is full. Otherwise, whatever squad you have at that moment will be the squad. We're aware of this confusion and working to address it. Thanks.

Does that mean you always have to have 3 other friends online and in your party or your squad won´t be full in the game? I played with a friend in a party today and in 6 out of 7 games we had to play as a duo against squads with 3 or 4 players. THAT´S SO ANNOYING!!
  • Daytonaflyer
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm happy to get myself banned. I'll just make another profile with a different IP if needed. I don't put up with censoring free speech and neither should you.
  • macroliko
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    D2ijLcZXgAAKkTB.png:large

Servers in Brazil for all south america?? All the people of PC, X1 and PS4 from all of South America connect to the USA servers only.. +180ms ping
    I'm reading cascades of complaints about this, nobody can play.
    Any problems known or will not be at the moment firestorm servers in brazil?
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why tractors though?
  • badbenson
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    XxmOss72xX wrote: »
    Is there any reason why they can't take this awesome map and run other modes on it?

this just reminds everyone how battlefield would be the game of games with mod support. aside from the high quality map this feels like a quick mod tbh. not a bad thing considering how simple of a concept BR is but makes you want to do it yourself but better and with more love put in...and ofc use this map for all kinds of awesome new game modes. but oh well...
  • Roe_Roekii
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're not even doing that, the cosmetic/loot box/microtransaction stuff that would make them money has been non-existent
This discussion has been closed.