DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rakunista wrote: »
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Rakunista wrote: »
    Not gonna lie Firestorm is great, like a breath of fresh air in a very stale game

It's a shame you think the core of the BF game is stale.
    So far all Bf5 game modes were not really fun (except for good ol conquest but its hard to **** up this mode)

I'm glad you still like CQ and are enjoying BR. Originally I thought you meant all core modes were stale. I still believe they can make CQ fun if they do it right. But it's troubling times right now, I've never seen the hit registration so bad in all my time on BF, which is as extensive as yours. So BR, a game mode I don't care for comes as no consolation to what is an awful update.
  • ShadoWawker
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lexen wrote: »
    or just a backpack

Yea same thing i just meant some sort of bag to indicate someone was killed that you open and loot normally

• GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    Why tractors though?

Reminiscent of the Skid Loader in BF3 and BF4.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, the armour ruins it for me. What annoys me is that the development time could have gone to putting more content into the actual game that people wanted to play, not yet another battle royale mode in an endless sea of battle royale modes. I'll be so glad when this fad dies out. Hopefully the next fad will be something like adding more maps to your base game and DICE can follow that instead.

This.

• Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Should the V rocket cause friendly fire?
  • Roe_Roekii
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    stiny1838 wrote: »
    Yeah, the armour ruins it for me. What annoys me is that the development time could have gone to putting more content into the actual game that people wanted to play, not yet another battle royale mode in an endless sea of battle royale modes. I'll be so glad when this fad dies out. Hopefully the next fad will be something like adding more maps to your base game and DICE can follow that instead.

what development time? it was done by criterion not dice so the lack of content on dices side is because of dice. but the money made from the sales of bfv because of the br will fund more development for dice.

What money will be made? People won't buy this game for the BR, whoever's going to buy this game already has, plus the new mode has been implemented so poorly I doubt it will get any highlight, no lobby's, low player base, long wait time, terrible loot system etc
  • prikkles
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I hate the looting, how can i tell what gun I am holding and what i ammo I need? It all just gets clumped together and its so tough to sort through trying to see what you need. I HATE IT!! I wont be playing firestorm unless the looting and inventory gets a full overhaul, learn from Apex and PUBG, jeezzz.
  • Roe_Roekii
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Holy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, a full 3 hours and im about to get into my first game
  • EliteLima
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea, also agree, they should put DEAD BODYs into a BAG or CRATE, simple loot system
  • Kazeen1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree, trying to pick up sniper ammo only to swap weapons.
    I started to recognize what ammo types look like, but most the time it is under something else.

Also having to hold E for Medium and heavy armor. I get it for safes and stuff. But in a BR looting should be quick for things on the ground.
  • LeRoiDePique
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    South America need some servers... We cant play with 200 ping. Matchmaking put us in US servers... it's unfair. I've waited so long for this BR and now i cant play.
    plz fix it
  • CSO7777
    1838 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NastySix wrote: »
    The "base" is good maybe better...it's just that These generations expect "want" more....

I just want to say or tell These kids..**** and play and stop "demanding" for something you didn't pay for. They buy EA and do what you want....You got
    A game...play it or leave it but do NOT expect them to turn around bc some crywolfs are being hurt in their Gameplay..
    I think we can demand more from EA/Dice than what we got with BFV. The game still is ridden with bugs and issues and that is just not good enough.

I've been playing computer games for 35 years and BF-games has had some of the lowest quality of all games I've played (BF4 was really awful at launch as well).

Nothing is perfect, but BFV was a disgrace for Dice and EA. If people spend money on a game, they are entitled to complain, if the product is full of bugs or doesn't deliver on promised features.

The forums are full of a lot of childish whining (which is awful/stupid), but unfortunately Dice/EA has brought this whining on themselves.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    I agree about the loot system is cluttered and very difficult to pick up what you want as it's all bunched up.

There is way too much waiting around - matchmaking - pre match and jumping in.

I think it could do with more players as I found myself running around without finding anyone else for long periods - felt lonely.

It's incredibly boring - went back to Conquest Devastation to get some action.

I'd give it 2 out of 10. At least I gave it a go and you know what it hasn't changed my opinion of Battle Royale - I just don't enjoy it.
    Post edited by DrunkOnRedWine on
  • BIAxjmac
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Donidon wrote: »
    Best BR!
    Apex is 4 CoD and Fortnite kiddys.
    Firestorm is a mutch better PUBG.

Probably never played a BR I'd rather play apex or pubg compared to this just now so many issues but imma give it some time. Takes like 5 mins to find a squad game and the matching doesn't work properly either
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Being an older gamer, I like the fact I am familiar with the attachments you can get in Firestorm. Apex and others, so many different types of things you can pick up just makes my old brain hurt. That being said, also being an older gamer, BR's are just not for me. Tried this for a little while, seemed to work fine, but the lack of enemy contact, until, bam, I'm dead and having to go to another game, just isn't my cup of tea(see how old I am, "cup of tea"). So for me, I hope more maps come out for the base games and I will be happy.
  • Nichotinx
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It sadens me to say that this is one of the worst game modes i've ever played. When you revealed that BF5 was going to have battle royale mod, and there are already so many great battle royale games out there. I like how you try to make your own game with a twist, but there is nothing wrong to look at what is working and then trying to find a compromise, instead of just releasing an unfinished game mode. And the biggest problem with this is that people have to buy the full game to get the dissapointment, instead of trying it for free like the rest of the games out there. And dont get me wrong, the rest of BF5 is absolutely wonderful, but this game mode, which has been hyped and the reason why many bought the game in the first place, its awful.
    So whats wrong?
    1: The looting system is absolutely horrific, it needs to be smooth. Look at apex for inspiration
    2: The time it takes from loading screen into firestorm untill you actually hit the ground on the map is ridiculous. For a game with no respawns and wait 5 minutes to just get into the game is just really really not worth it. (im not talking about the time to actually find a server, just loading to actually gameplay). Remove the lobby and let them spawn directly into the planes!
    3: Its too slow. We never expected the game to be fastpaced like Apex, but in more of the direction of PUBG. But this is actually even slower and you get bored by walking around. Increase the maximum amount of players or decrease mapsize (this is the cheap fix, increase players instead)
    4: Bad optimization. In normal BF5 games ive got 140-200fps, and in firestorm i get down to 50? whats up with that? We often compare games to the BF franchise and say its too bad that its not as fluent as all the battlefield games. You are better than this.
    5: The gap between someone with armor and someone without is too big. Of course should the armored guy have an advantage, but the amount of soaking that thing does when compared to someone without armor is poorly balanced.
    6: Give us some more info while dropping, or make some adjustment so the game gets more interesting. Give us speed, height etc, so people can find out what technique is the best to drop, without having to rejoin 50times and go through your loading + lobby process again. Also, maybe do it with a twist, implement winds and wind directions that can affect how your jump goes, that would be a nice twist of the dropping phase.
    7: Let the gun be looted loaded. The looting itself is already a disaster, so atleast give us ammo loaded straight away.
    8: How can you let a dead person spectate in 3rd person when the game is in 1st? Extremely unbalanced and quite shocking you would implement it that way. Let it be 1st person all the way!

Hope you read this and atleast find some of my criticism good enough for you.
    You dont have a battlefronts all over again (but when you have the same developers for battlefronts and this game, you might actually just suit yourself)
  • Titan_Awaken
    1273 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Roe_Roekii wrote: »
    Holy ****, a full 3 hours and im about to get into my first game

Congrats!

Here's hoping that it will last more than 3 minutes.
  • onylra_II
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Short and sweet: guns should have full magazines when you pick them up; matchmaking has to be improved for people in low-player regions (stop putting us OOR!); and get rid of that lens flare ASAP, as if it ain't hard to see people as it is...
  • onylra_II
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you complaining about not being able to find a match before 9am in Oceania? Be realistic dude - and just be happy they haven't matched you with Martians yet.
  • Aprex007
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bring back the old ping system now its impossible play :(
This discussion has been closed.