DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• ballin4real365
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TiMEvBoMB wrote: »
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Never played a BR before but I had a blast with Firestorm. Only issue is the looting system needs some work.

Agreed, Just got done playing a few hours and really liked the gameplay but the looting and inventory system is the worst of any BR i've played. Maybe I just got to get used to it I don't know.

You should probably try Blackout in Call Of Duty. It's soooo much better than this garbage
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    This is seriously the participation trophy of br games. If you get lonely during squads and want to fuse squads so basically you end up with win by joining? There is literally not a facepalm epic enough for this.

@oXGeminiXo

No, the idea is that it’s a team A vs team B game and the squads are just squads in that team. At the end of the day, the last team standing wins. Fusing squads would just allow players on the same team to work together after their squad mates have been killed because there’s no team chat.

The less teammates are able to coordinate themselves, the more people there will be either following their teammates in silence like sheep or just camping alone in random places
  • Nemesis20XD
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Server sudamerica pleaseeeeeee!!!!
  • BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there a way to report players for teaming in solo?
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My brothers keeps crashing each round... I'm in the waiting room it shows him, then his game crashes...

Sweet execution once again...
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Why not just create a new subsection of the forum for firestorm; boom. Not so hard is it?
    And to be very clear, Firestorm is a mode in Battlefield V.

That would be like having a whole sub-category for Conquest.
    -Braddock512-

Whilst yes it is a mode it is different from the core; at least the other modes share that. Firestorm is unique in its weapons and vehicles (the tier system and new vehicles), health and armour system, the downed but not out mechanic, inventory and loot system. Flowing from conquest to tdm is fine but it doesn't work with firestorm because it's entirely different. Are you trying to say that it's all gonna receive blanket attention in a drastic repeat of the mess that happened in bf1? I'm honestly not seeing anything postive about that for both sides (though that will play firestorm and those that won't).

But if you guys seriously would rather dredge through one mega mess thread that's a coherent as a blind man at a deaf convention trying to get some feedback and reaction then by all means go for it; makes about as much sense as the rest of how bfv is being handled.

Find it amusing I can get a reply about forum layout but not about the state of the game, deliberate false advertising and holding back of ready to go content; the scrapping of the dragging mechanic as further proof of the matter.

I mean if we are gonna be on the topic of the forum why do we still not have the bfv label for respective owners or the ownership restriction for bfv related channels?

Sorry Braddock but bfv is really starting to look like the local dump and we are just sliding from one pile of trash to the next with how everything related to bfv whether it be the forums or the actual game itself is just a mess of things not working and false promises.

• mrplatanoman1989
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Do you people just not have any idea how Battle Royale works?

You do not have to play every single shooter as a headless freaking chicken.

I love how this screenshot literally tells us nothing; he has higher ground whoppy doo. Because no one in the history of video gaming has ever tried to get higher ground to gain the advantage. The firstorm is incoming, 23 people left and the dude is outside the next circle.
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Yeah, it honestly doesn't even sound fun. Apex is great with a trio because there really isn't much camping. TTK is pretty high, but you can melt people when upgraded.

Honestly, if this is the same TTK as the base game good luck lol.

Lol apex is full of camping too especially with all the little nooks and crannies plus areas only pathfinder can get to. There's also the balloons which can let you get to areas you others wouldnt be able too

Yes, the screenshot does not tell you nothing, apart the fact that i spectated the guy and he never moved from his spot for 15 minutes long after he found a sniper rifle. And i spectated all the other guys who killed me in the other games and they never moved from their original spot ether.

whats the point of moving when you just land in the middle of the map, pick up a random sniper rifle and wait there for all game long?

Firestorm is a disappointment and will be a huge flop. I dont see any major Twitch streamers playing this for more than 2 days long, if only for the first day because it's new stuff. And then get will immediately back to Apex because Firestorm is crap.

Sounds like survival strategy to me. When I play TDM I move slower to protect my deaths. When I play conquest its all about the objective so I'll gladly sacrifice a life to defend a flag. Lastly when I play Battle Royale games I move around with the ring if possible, unless I land in the safe zone and could wait it out until I have to move. I don't know what you were expecting but ring closes pretty fast so regardless if you "camp" or avoid combat eventually you will have to engage someone. It's very balanced that way! Who cares who streams it? Are you one of those that only plays what other people play? Or do you play what you enjoy regardless of commercial opinion?
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Why not just create a new subsection of the forum for firestorm; boom. Not so hard is it?

Because we don't have that ability.

I'd rather a slightly messy thread than the entire forum being filled with page after page of firestorm threads

But we couldn't get a merge of any of the topics that were regurgitated over and over again to the extent that people like myself were repeating ourselves in every second thread? I'm not asking for much but some consistency in the moderation in every aspect would be nice. *Shrug*
  • MalleaCL
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SERVERS IN SA PLS, Chilean, Arg, and Brazilian players we have +200 ping... unplayable.
  • phagess
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    pagess- wrote: »
    I don't know why we were left out again by Dice for local servers. This has happened before and took a long time (some months with out exaggeration) for us to get local servers for BF1. BFV there were local servers with the Beta and at launch. So we have local servers now, yet for Firestorm we don't? The whole community is appalled by the lack of attention we generally get from Dice now this is just the cherry on the top.
    Dice. Give us servers. Please (I don't know why I need to beg for this) give us servers so we can enjoy a BR game for once without ping screwing us over like every other BR game has.

I have no idea why my post needed to be moved to be combined with the thread of "Firestorm" just to be lost in the sea of comments?? Now Dice will never get the chance to see this...
  • Rauwers
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, when are we getting South America servers? This is such a joke man, playing a BR with 160ms.
  • xxShiftyxxx
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is wrong with the servers for Oceanic why can’t Australian players get a game on Squad Firestorm all day no games available to play...
  • DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Played several solo and 3 duo rounds today. Best I did was #3. Completed the first Firestorm assignment. I felt at home with the Frostbite engine. The netcode and player movement actually felt a bit smoother than the base gamemodes. I'm wondering if this has to do with less updates being sent to the client, due to players being more spread out for a majority of the battle.

The loot all spilling out on the ground is kinda klunky. There were times when I couldn't interact with some of the loot because it was obscured by other loot or environment. The TTK is lengthened only by having the common armor pickups applied, which simply increase the health of the player and do not do damage mitigation. A couple early finishes I had no armor and only 100 health and someone took me out as fast as in basegame (nearly instant from assault rifle). Lack of visibility aren't near as much of a factor in this game. Because players are so spread out and the nature of the gamemode forces you to play much slower and more careful. You almost always hear someone (either gunfire/vehicle or player movement) before you get eyes on them anyway.
  • BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't know why we were left out again by Dice for local servers. This has happened before and took a long time (some months with out exaggeration) for us to get local servers for BF1. BFV there were local servers with the Beta and at launch. So we have local servers now, yet for Firestorm we don't? The whole community is appalled by the lack of attention we generally get from Dice now this is just the cherry on the top.
    Dice. Give us servers. Please (I don't know why I need to beg for this) give us servers so we can enjoy a BR game for once without ping screwing us over like every other BR game has.

I have no idea why my post needed to be moved to be combined with the thread of "Firestorm" just to be lost in the sea of comments?? Now Dice will never get the chance to see this...
    Baccho_4h wrote: »
    So..only US and EU servers?
    The gameplay,the map,vehicles and everything else is awesome.... but Its impossible to play a BR game with high ping..I played for about an hour and couldnt go pass the first enemy because of the lag.
    Unfortunately i (and a lot of other people) will have to wait for some response from dice towards this situation...
    I've escalated this to the Operations Teams. They're looking into it.

A confirmation on the server locations would be a start
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Think the ring closes a bit too fast. It's a rush fest. Bring RSP so admin can set the speed.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there any way to mod the game to remove all traces of firestorm from Menu's etc?
  • MSY
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Rings too fast, we cant explore map enough
  • Oio89i77y6yu
    56 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2122 latency.. final 10 just quit on my own free will due to not being able to move for the last ten minutes... What kind of a joke is this?? Fix Ur servers and have region selected servers this is disgusting and out dated
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not going anywhere near it, not my type of game.
  • Hawxxeye
    7757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do not think I am interested in playing firestorm cause that gameplay is not Battlefield.
    However I might get interested in spectating
This discussion has been closed.