This Week in Battlefield V

DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    10823 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Battlefield has always in the past and up to this point been about all out war, simulated battlefields, armies fighting for control.

This is the polar opposite of that.

Really?

Explain TDM then, that doesn't seem to be about "all out war, simulated battlefields, armies fighting for control. " either.

Tdm is the only true representation of war. No zerging. Also, no zerging.

I thought zerging was a realistic military tactic!

Only in battlefield games :trollface:
  • il_BLacK_HawK_li
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • Trokey66
    8357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield has always in the past and up to this point been about all out war, simulated battlefields, armies fighting for control.

Really?

Explain TDM then, that doesn't seem to be about "all out war, simulated battlefields, armies fighting for control. " either.

Tdm is the only true representation of war. No zerging. Also, no zerging.

I thought zerging was a realistic military tactic!

Only in battlefield games :trollface:

Ahhhhh.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »
    In BR I dropped in the same place as last time where I got an STG44 and I found a bolt action. I don't use bolt actions cos I suck at them.

You expected the same items to spawn in the same place? Wow.
  • ragnarok013
    3207 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    2014-2017 - Zombie -Survival-anything-and-anyone-hype: Done. Noone is talking about it anymore
    2018-20xx - Battle-Royal-in-every-possible-scenario-hype: Still on. In a few months/years noone will talk about it anymore.

Lets create the next hype. what would it be when Battle royal is spammed out by every publisher and every gameseries? assassins creed BR, Far cry BR, Need for speed BR? what will be AFTER all of that?

Back to topic: not interested in BR games. and i really hope they dont force us with TOW missions to play that.

You missed out on the everything will be a MOBA phase that gaming went through from 2012-2016 ;-)
  • Oio89i77y6yu
    56 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    BFBulletin wrote: »

And what about Australian servers? This 261 ping sucks.. actually stopped playing because it's unbearable stepping forward 2steps and rubber banding backwards or bullets not registering ... Really sucks

Just recorded my sniper shooting someone standing still and 5bullets just went through his body like he was a ghost no hit markers and he was only 20metres away
    Post edited by Oio89i77y6yu on
  • Kongo030
    655 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really s...ck at 1 to 1 shootouts...but frequently manage to get into the top 6 with the best round being 3rd. I achieve this with very few kills though. Think 4 kills was the most in one round. Definately not the jackfragswestie hero play but it's fun to sneak around and avoid direct confrontation. It is quite some luck involved but also tactical movements which I like. It's a gamble whether to loot a downed enemy later in the game or avoid being shot for it.

The only thing really annoying is the time to join the next round. It should be one click and that's it. Directly jump into the next matchmaking with the same uniform.
  • Z4gg0R
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks and armored trucks have no place in BR mode if we are talking about "EVEN playing field".
    AT weapons copied from base game to counter this "feature" are a poor alternative.
    Vehicles for transport sure, but without weapons., like helicopter.

Loot systems needs to be looked at because it is not even remotely balanced, and luck is a way too important factor IMO.
    At game start many of the places that I have entered had no weapons, or useless combinations like med kit and an AT mine = instant death in first encounter with another player.

Looted higher tier items should by default replace lower tier ones without player intervention through inventory (i mean armor and med kits), this does not always work.
  • Oio89i77y6yu

And what about Australian servers? This 261 ping sucks.. actually stopped playing because it's unbearable stepping forward 2steps and rubber banding backwards or bullets not registering ... Really sucks

Recorded 5shots with sniper shooting Someone standing still 20metres away and not one bullet registered just went through his body
  • LoganX1
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mangrey wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Ummm....
    That's how BR games work. You only get one life.

Might be so BUT even tho i havnt try many othere BR games the few I tryed. I was able to SEEEEEEEEEE who I was fighting and they where not camping.

People may not like it but camping is a legitimate tactic. As long as they're not glitching or exploiting anything it's legit.
    'Camping' is just finding a tactical spot to sit and wait for enemies to reveal themselves.

Seems like people just don't know how to counter a 'camper'. Or even look for them.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In BR I dropped in the same place as last time where I got an STG44 and I found a bolt action. I don't use bolt actions cos I suck at them.

No I didn't expect it, I understand how random drops work, but because of the randomness you can't choose your load out, leaving some players with gimped guns. In Core BFV you can chose to gimp yourself or not. That is a level playing field.

BF Firestorm is not level. It is random.
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No I didn't expect it, I understand how random drops work, but because of the randomness you can't choose your load out, leaving some players with gimped guns. In Core BFV you can chose to gimp yourself or not. That is a level playing field.

It’s literally a core mechanic of Battle Royale gamemodes. Can’t believe all the complaining about it.
  • xvxnx
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    Ttk/Ttd seems okay for the most part.

Campers hasn't really been an issue for me. It's easy enough to spot a moron with a sniper rifle laying prone on a roof.

My initial issue from my ~10 drops would be the complete lack of mobility. Vehicles are way too rare for how big the map is. I know its 1920 and quads haven't been invented yet, but literally anything would work. Bicycles maybe? Horses? Or even more jeeps. Doesn't matter, I'd just like to be able to get from a to b quicker.

As someone mentioned in another post, the lootsplosion after u get a kill is ridiculous. Why is it not a box with ui like in apex? And why is there no attachment system to the weapons? Why are they all preconfigured drops? This just seems lazy tbh.

I preordered this game like forever ago and it still just seems like the shell of what could be a good game one day.

Edit: I also would like to point out my complete confusion over the backpack system. I am pretty unclear about what the difference between them is. Does it only increase ammo and gadget capacity?

This probably comes off completely negatively, however I am glad that firestorm has brought more attention to this series, and overall my experience of firestorm has been generally positive.
    Post edited by xvxnx on
  • Kongo030
    655 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think there are plenty of vehicles. Trucks, cars, Schwimmwagen, tractors, helicopters, tanks in bunkers and apc standing around. Plus supply drop vehicles.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Really?

TDM never used to b e in BF and no one i know plays it.
  • BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27

That is good news! Also means that we keep being added to OOR servers because the Firestorm servers in our regions aren't online yet.
  • Oio89i77y6yu
    I'd like an answer to region servers for firestorm 😑...I see South America is getting the servers what about Australia?.... You can advance search for Oceania severs in conquest why not make it for fire storm??
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Really?

TDM never used to b e in BF and no one i know plays it.

Stop, TDM has been around at least since BF3 and BC2 had Squad DM.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You understand how random drops work, yet you complained about a BA spawning where an AR did in a previous round...
  • warslag
    1450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Really?

I think what @R1ckyDaMan19 was trying to say is that Battlefield has diverged into too many game modes.

PUBG, Fortnite and Apex Legends haven't responded to Battlefield:V by adding conquest. Possibly because BFV sucks. But probably because those games are already successful and Battlefield isn't.

BF1 had around 10 game modes excluding single-player / campaign modes. BF:V has lots of game modes, too. But what @R1ckyDaMan19 was saying is that Battlefield has diluted it's basic premise in order to chase sales.

So the DICE producers are either very generous in trying to cater to everyone's tastes. Or they have no confidence that they can make a simple Battlefield game that is anything like as popular as those simple battle-royal games.

That's fine, they can do what they want, and it looks like their bosses are very happy with what they're doing. But there are plenty of players who want or would prefer a Battlefield that resembles the simpler large-scale battle format.

I would like to see Battlefield compete with other FPS games, including battle-royal games, by being a brilliant conquest only Battlefield game. Can they make a game like that?