DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    eyeSight wrote: »
    Million Dollar Commpany can't make a DUO/Modus even if they had that much time to do it. SCAMER **** ****!

Seems like a big time overreaction but having said that I would like to see duos permanent also. I stopped playing last night due to being tired of having 2 randos
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »

But I didn't see in any forum or place at all that there was a fanbase asking for BATTLE ROYAL in Battlefield 5... please point me to the links and threads. But itsounds like you're pulling that one outta where the good lord split ya.
    It was a daily thing for a while...
    ===
    BF1-BR-mode1.jpg
    BF1-BR-mode2.jpg
    BF1-BR-mode3.jpg
    ==
    Hopefully this "no one was asking for it" idea is squashed. Note: *I* did not ask for it. I may have said I would give it a go, but it was certainly not something I was "dying to have" in Battlefield.

Awe thanks for the research into it. (even though I think you just posted the search results) haha

And by doing so only 4 of those actual posts were asking for BR, and 3/4 of them were for BF1.

Like I initially thought, hardly a clamor or uproar in favor of adding BR. There are FAR MORE posts against it.

Like I said initially, a cash grab attempt by EA once again.

I'm even enjoying the mode with my buds, but I realize what is and why they did it.
  • Muxje
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    poseidonss wrote: »
    Muxje wrote: »
    In other BR games I've played, sound payed a pretty big part, especially when sneaking up on someone, or when someone approaches your position. The sound will tell you what direction he's coming from and roughly how far off he is. It also lets you roughly pinpoint nearby gunfights.

But in Firestorm I have a lot of trouble locating enemies. Sound volume is a poor indicator of distance, and the sound mostly appears to come from everywhere. Do others have the same experience? I'm using stereo headphones by the way (no surround)

(Still having fun in Firestorm though I'm garbage at straight up duel shootouts)

Try using Surround in sound option instead of 3D if you are using a soundcard.

I tried different sound options but it didn't make much of a difference. Perhaps a better headset will help, though I had no trouble locating the source of sounds in Apex or PUBG.
    My game setup in general is kind of suboptimal :) I play on an older gaming laptop with the mouse sitting on the armrest of my comfy chair.
  • eyeSight
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    eyeSight wrote: »
    Million Dollar Commpany can't make a DUO/Modus even if they had that much time to do it. SCAMER **** ****!

Seems like a big time overreaction but having said that I would like to see duos permanent also. I stopped playing last night due to being tired of having 2 randos

we too, we will not start anymore that crap with 2 randoms where dont have a mic...
  • TheSeries3
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love firestorm. had a epic 11 kill solo win and 2 squad wins so far. just fix the looting. put in a vicinity list like pubg asap. also voip seems to work half the time.
  • SonimXXX
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ive just played Firestorm for the first time. Why have you dumped this waste of space into the game? Its not a BF mode that any of the regulars want.
    Give us the new maps we so badly crave . Thats all we ask
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love firestorm, now we just need more cosmetics so 'we' can fit into the environment!
  • Silverbacky
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like Firestorm. All I needs now is the matchmaker to understand that I want to play on low ping servers. Cmon DICE - I know Australia is the boil on the bottom of the world but do you really have to squeeze it so hard - it hurts dagnammit!
    Seriously though, I'd much prefer to wait for an 10-20 ping AU server than continually getting dumpstered into 150+ ping servers which is what's happening continually.
    If you could please look into fiddling with your fiddlesticks and tickle those Aussie hamsters to get them to turn the wheels on the AU Firestorm servers? :)
    Thanks!
  • DynamiteJ0E
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm Map is cool but the game mode is horrible - don t like games like this mode
  • KillerBionic69
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hello, would I have a simple proposal to make ... why when you throw an enemy down does he not kill you and drop when he is on the ground and disconnects?
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    The loot system is beyond bad.

Can't find a thing in confined spaces, spent about 2 minutes trying to find a nice AR I accidentally dropped due to the inventory being so cumbersome and unintuitive, then proceeded to get shot. Quite who at Criterion was behind the design of the loot system and inventory should be thrown in to the Firestorm.

The game promotes camping, the footsteps are so loud I can hear them a mile off - I'm too afraid to move in case I give my position away. Got my first win by simply camping in the centre waiting for my opponents to give their position away. Victory felt hollow.

I gave it a go but it's just not fun.
  • Danny_Chlorum
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    Battle Royale is a death of FPS genre, plague of gaming industry and degeneration of gamers community.
    There is more than enough games in the genre, we don't need another one.
    Let's be honest, most of us came to Battlefield for good old Conquest. Sometimes modes like Breakthrough are okay. Even Rush, if it had more than 3 maps...
    I tried to get those 1500 exp in Firestorm to start the new Tides of War campaign, was forced to. There's absolutely nothing to enjoy, very tedious. Please make it that we don't have to play it if we don't want to. Or even make it a separate client, so I don't have even to see this mod in the list. It's an eyesore.
    When is DotA mode coming out?
    The map is good though, so much efforts would be in vain if not adapted for regular game modes.
  • Fragdd
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Australia First night I could find games easily, normal ping. Last night and now tonight, can't find a game with under 225 ping. Really? Is it dead already, or is there a match making bug that DICE aren't addressing?
  • zenn_nme
    754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    Besides the obvious looting system that needs to be adressed, some more stuff I noticed...
    - Rotating Map; would be more logical, since the default map of regular MP works this way.
    - Armor Plates; needs an unlimited carry ammount + dedicated space/button (similar to health) in the inventory.
    - Ammo Limit; needs to be unlimited or atleast till you're pack is full and can't pick up anything else.
    - Dropped Guns; which were loaded, should still be loaded.
    - Inventory; too much info on screen. I only wanna see all that, when I look in my pack.
    - Ambient Noise; needs some sounds of wind, bushes rustling, birds tsjirping, waves splashing, gives the map more emotion.
    - Free Look; let us look around when moving. Gives more location/surrounding awareness.
    Post edited by zenn_nme on
  • LoganX1
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ok so I land. pick up a gun and then have to load it ? and to think I bought the game solely for Firestorm, what a waste of money, thinking of reversing the charges and losing the account who gives a ****

It's week 1 you impatient entitled brat.
    Give them time to take feedback and improve it.

• fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LoganX1 wrote: »
    ok so I land. pick up a gun and then have to load it ? and to think I bought the game solely for Firestorm, what a waste of money, thinking of reversing the charges and losing the account who gives a ****

Impatient? Week 1? Idk how it's impatient to expect a a purchased product to be ready and 100% on release.

And the game mode might be in its first week of release, but how long has this single game mode been in production? Maybe they should have had a beta to get player feedback before the actual release.

Imagine buying a new car, just to find out it its gonna need some work done on it before it's actually driveable. I'd feel ripped off.
  • PoppaPappo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    LoganX1 wrote: »

Impatient? Week 1? Idk how it's impatient to expect a a purchased product to be ready and 100% on release.

And the game mode might be in its first week of release, but how long has this single game mode been in production? Maybe they should have had a beta to get player feedback before the actual release.

Imagine buying a new car, just to find out it its gonna need some work done on it before it's actually driveable. I'd feel ripped off.

Yeah, imagine that. A new car is $15-30,000. Get fuqqin’ real. Battlefield 5 was $20-60 depending on when you bought it. That’s the cost of a night at the movies. Stop acting like DICE stabbed your grandma.
  • tempo_rarity
    1018 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In BF4 Conquest I'll go to Metro or Locker if I want CQ fun , or I'll go to Golmud or Silk for the more wide open fun found there .
    Since these will need different styles of play to BE fun , there will be different levels of thinking required on my part .
    Going a few rounds in some Metro/Locker intensities works on me then like a 'schooling' , a workshop , and then by switching to Golmud it's like going on a Vacation :tongue:

Even with only the ten maps 'So Far' , BFV can already claim this same sort of play style choice of 'travel destination' options for me , like BF4 has .
    All of the game Modes , now including Firestorm , can provide me with either the no-time-to-think super-intensities of hyper-action or the more laid back 'thoughtful' approach found on bigger , wide open maps , and these are still just the early days of the Game .

To be honest ; as much as I'd like to Win a round of Firestorm ; I know realistically that it'll likely never happen - I'm just not good enough .
    What I am good at though is the thinking part - the hunching and guessing , the sneaking around , the hunting , the staying alive stuff - and THAT is a LOT of fun .
    A Prediction then (Math sez it's an eventuality) : On 'vacation' in beautiful Halvoy , with just one or two Kills , ol' tempo Wins a round :lol:

Yeah . . I know , it'll never happen , but . .
    Yesterday I made it all the way to 16th with just 1 Kill before someone got me an-nd . . then the round after that I was 59th :tongue:
    . . . meh , it's ALL for fun wherever I am , and with V already , it could be anywhere :sunglasses:
  • AssassinoX1
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously, why couldn't they do something different? Why can't everyone just start with a pistol? Why can't we all just spawn on the ground together for just squad mode for an even playing field? They could have done a different spin on this game because BF is all about squads/working together. But it's the same basic copy and just feels once again too much based on luck when you first land.

Also, I swear 60% of the time I'm finding shotguns in all manner of places which is frustrating because they don't seem to be doing anything in this mode.
  • Mr_Wookloaf
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly don't think it's terrible, but it does need some work. My biggest issue is the Matchmaking.. I wait on Average about 5 mins to get placed into a game, (if I do ever get placed into a game) and 50% of the time, I get put into a European server and my ping is around 298, which makes the game unplayable, because players have killed you before you've even gone around a corner.

I think i'm just going to stick to the main modes until a fix is rolled out for that, because it's honestly like playing roulette at this point, you never know what you're going to get.