This Week in Battlefield V

DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• Xero82
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I consider myself a hardcore Battlefield veteran, and I'm really enjoying Firestorm. I wish people would stop talking for others, as if the "core BF players don't enjoy it". Nonsense!

It offers something different to what we already have, and broadens the appeal of the overall package. Variation and choice is a good thing! BR is not here to replace anything, nor will it ever. BF will always be based around it's Conquest style modes at it's core. It's absurd to think the future of FPS games will be BR only. I find Firestorm and BR in general to be a very different experience to the core BF modes, which is why you see so many varying opinions. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be there.

It's clear Firestorm is going to evolve fairly quickly, so player looting issues aside, I think DICE and Criterion have done a very good job.
  • LoganX1
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    LoganX1 wrote: »
    ok so I land. pick up a gun and then have to load it ? and to think I bought the game solely for Firestorm, what a waste of money, thinking of reversing the charges and losing the account who gives a ****

It's week 1 you impatient entitled brat.
    Give them time to take feedback and improve it.

Impatient? Week 1? Idk how it's impatient to expect a a purchased product to be ready and 100% on release.

And the game mode might be in its first week of release, but how long has this single game mode been in production? Maybe they should have had a beta to get player feedback before the actual release.

Imagine buying a new car, just to find out it its gonna need some work done on it before it's actually driveable. I'd feel ripped off.

LoL worst analogy aver. Get some real world experience before trying analogies please.
    This is a Feww DLC game mode that was only tested with a portion of the community. There will absolutely be changes based on feedback.
    You're reply is completely in line with the usual entitled kids that think everything should be 'perfect' because they paid for it.
    Go get a dose of reality about game development and come back.
  • Erichhartmann
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Disable TAA!!!
  • CatoStrachan
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I lost a game after killing the last two players.................died by firestorm and lost the game after everyone else was dead........how.....someone explain.........check my Xbox feed @HiighR
    Ive been pissed for like 12 hours
  • VeryBravegoblin
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    Well.... I`d say "never again"... FS is worst BF mode....
    1. It`s not even a deathmatch - it`s just a boring stealth and a heaven for campers.
    2. There is no explanation about "what is f going on there"... What is it the kind of a firewall? Where did it come from? It`s look like alien invasion or smth... So please - give us some starships, some lasers and "Chewbacca-skins"...
    I am absolutely disappointed and upset.
  • Rev111
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28

There are some obvious thing they just really **** up in this game. Like theres multiple other BR's around they could have learned from before releasing Firestorm.
  • DeadAgain210
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When under water, you shouldn't get that much damage. Lol unless you go up for air. But it could be too tedious. Lol (when your in the firestorm)

When shooting, a red dot on map? Or is it suppose to feel like hard core mode? Fun either way.

Watch your six BFV players there's enemies and a firestorm in the mist.

Have a great game day.
  • Kongo030
    655 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate the five clicks it takes to rejoin a match....add an instajoin option without any inbetween screens. No stats no player selection...
  • BuzuB84
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ttd/ttd, guns and everythiong feels so different from real bf... i don't know
  • Muxje
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My sound issue was due to my setup in combination with BF-V. Using Apple Airpods over BT, using Earphone / Surround profile gives the best result but the sound of nearby footsteps and gunfire is equally loud in each ear no matter how I turn my head. Replacing the headset with a Creative wireless stereo headset, I get very good directional sound.

Note that the Airpods do give stereo sound, and that they work fine on other games.
  • motherkenucker
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. I bought BF5 not for BR mode. Cant wait when BF series going to add Dota 2 mode - just think about that!

If I wanted to play BR I would have downloaded fortnight. Worse mode ever. If it was not for the weekly play requirements I will not touch this mode
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No. I bought BF5 not for BR mode. Cant wait when BF series going to add Dota 2 mode - just think about that!

If I wanted to play BR I would have downloaded fortnight. Worse mode ever. If it was not for the weekly play requirements I will not touch this mode

But why? I want to play BR and don’t want to touch fortnite. Horrible closed minded way to present a point. I like burgers but I don’t like all burgers. I like shooters but I don’t like all shooters. But if I love BR I MUST play fortnite. 😫
  • TheSeries3
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

don't play it then. you really need company coin that bad?
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ok so I land. pick up a gun and then have to load it ? and to think I bought the game solely for Firestorm, what a waste of money, thinking of reversing the charges and losing the account who gives a ****

Impatient? Week 1? Idk how it's impatient to expect a a purchased product to be ready and 100% on release.

And the game mode might be in its first week of release, but how long has this single game mode been in production? Maybe they should have had a beta to get player feedback before the actual release.

Imagine buying a new car, just to find out it its gonna need some work done on it before it's actually driveable. I'd feel ripped off.

LoL worst analogy aver. Get some real world experience before trying analogies please.
    This is a Feww DLC game mode that was only tested with a portion of the community. There will absolutely be changes based on feedback.
    You're reply is completely in line with the usual entitled kids that think everything should be 'perfect' because they paid for it.
    Go get a dose of reality about game development and come back.

Maybe I'm just one of the many players that's tired of being used as a test community
  • Servonius
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the only bad thing about firestorm is the 60 sec preround time...
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »

Yeah, imagine that. A new car is $15-30,000. Get fuqqin’ real. Battlefield 5 was $20-60 depending on when you bought it. That’s the cost of a night at the movies. Stop acting like DICE stabbed your grandma.

Yea but at least at the movies I get to watch the entire finished product that I paid for.

Why is it that the video game industry gets a free pass to release unfinished products for full price?

Honestly, I wouldn't be so mad if I only paid $20 dollars for this game..... I guess that's where I went wrong. I put faith into this game and bought it on release at full price.
  • Kw_BberN_t
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    Never played a battle Royal. Now I have....pfff. Maybe i'm not good enough. I played it 3 times, never saw what or who hit me. Screw this mode.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    PoppaPappo wrote: »

Yeah, imagine that. A new car is $15-30,000. Get fuqqin’ real. Battlefield 5 was $20-60 depending on when you bought it. That’s the cost of a night at the movies. Stop acting like DICE stabbed your grandma.

Yea but at least at the movies I get to watch the entire finished product that I paid for.

Why is it that the video game industry gets a free pass to release unfinished products for full price?

Honestly, I wouldn't be so mad if I only paid $20 dollars for this game..... I guess that's where I went wrong. I put faith into this game and bought it on release at full price.

I don’t like your reasoning, I actually do not like BFV very much at all, probably only have 40 hours or so of play time in it.

But.. I gameshare on Xbox with my wife so I got 2 copies for the price of one. At the movie by the time my wife and I go we’ve spent close to 40 on a shared drink, popcorn and two tickets and that’s for what, 2 hours and we may not like it either? I’ve said before and I’ll say again even a bad game is the cheapest form of entertainment there is even if it’s subpar.

My wife and I have basically played what we feel is a weak bf title for less than 2 dollars an hour while a movie theater is much more pricey. Just sometimes like movies, games flop unfortunately..
  • Maun0_Mato
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well.... I`d say "never again"... FS is worst BF mode....
    1. It`s not even a deathmatch - it`s just a boring stealth and a heaven for campers.
    2. There is no explanation about "what is f going on there"... What is it the kind of a firewall? Where did it come from? It`s look like alien invasion or smth... So please - give us some starships, some lasers and "Chewbacca-skins"...
    I am absolutely disappointed and upset.

Is there an explanation why you keep capturing flags in Conquest over and over again and why there are radio stations out in the open in random locations on a field that you need to blow up?
    The backstory on Firestorm will most likely be revelead by easter eggs and if it follows the other games there will be more and more easter eggs unlocked once people find the first ones etc, not the first time they do this.