DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• Kongo030
    639 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's pretty tactical....ring around the Rosie conquest/domination can get boring as well.
    Think FS only gets boring if you win almost every round - do you?
  • CAUKSAUSE
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I wanted to play PUBG I would... wanted to playBattlefield..... come on EA you are better than this
  • MZ-101
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    WHERE ARE THE AUSTRALIAN/OCEANIC SERVERS?
    Honestly, the matchmaking is terrible. I can't get a low latency BR match to save my life. I've been stuck with 220+ ping matches ever since FIRESTORM was released.
    Can't win a single firefight.
    Can't get a single sniper shot to connect.
    Can't. Just can't..
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 29
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    It's pretty tactical....ring around the Rosie conquest/domination can get boring as well.

it's boring cuz there is no action till u drop to hotspots
  • Choongangchong
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Probably been said multiple times but redo looting.
    An while you're at it make sights a pickup.
  • tempo_rarity
    1035 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hahaha
    20 still alive when I die .
    Looter gets NOTHING!

Maybe add an 'aw shucks' animation :lol:
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MZ-101 wrote: »
    WHERE ARE THE AUSTRALIAN/OCEANIC SERVERS?
    Honestly, the matchmaking is terrible. I can't get a low latency BR match to save my life. I've been stuck with 220+ ping matches ever since FIRESTORM was released.
    Can't win a single firefight.
    Can't get a single sniper shot to connect.
    Can't. Just can't..

what did u expect after that whole BF release??
  • S1mple_Jax
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »
    Kongo030 wrote: »

it's boring cuz there is no action till u drop to hotspots

then play Apex? Firestorm is in the PUBG family of BR games where part of the fun is the pre-engagement build up and hunting.

If you want fast-pace constant fighting with a lower skill ceiling then Apex is for you
  • S1mple_Jax
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    so far almost all of the complaints are petty asf, even going as far to say its “broken” or “unplayable”.

“oh god i have to click 5 times to get back into a game” (a serious post a page back or so)

“campers everywhere” like every MP ever made, especially BR’s

“loots stacks after killing someone” Legitimate gripe, albeit a small one. certainly not worth not playing it over

ect ect ect.

In reality its lightyears more polished than PUBG, it runs extremely well, has excellent gunplay, and has a very solid foundation.
  • Naz
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA & DICE, I hope you include South East Asia on your server allocation. I'm sick and tired of playing with 180-215 latency on god knows what server I'm being matched on.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    S1mple_Jax wrote: »
    so far almost all of the complaints are petty asf, even going as far to say its “broken” or “unplayable”.

“oh god i have to click 5 times to get back into a game” (a serious post a page back or so)

“loots stacks after killing someone” Legitimate gripe, albeit a small one. certainly not worth not playing it over

ect ect ect.

In reality its lightyears more polished than PUBG, it runs extremely well, has excellent gunplay, and has a very solid foundation.

• Oio89i77y6yu
    56 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 29
    hello????? when will we have local servers / regions. example: america,oceania, asia.

for crying out loud pubg one of the most broken games figured it out and got dedicated severs..how have you guys stuffed up so bad???

260+ ping = un p l a y a b l e.

when are we getting loçal servers??? (australia)

you give no information to your community or details of whats being.fixed or will be fixed or what about servers..

tell us????????? this is a joke...! 10min wait still no games wtf????!!!

[post edited to conform to forum rules - removing ALL CAPS]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Oio89i77y6yu
    edited March 29
    theyre doing a terrible job.

firestorm is a joke.

1. looting a dead player - its scattered ontop of each other wtf?

2. servers are 239 ping with red bars... rubber banding & bullets not registering - why would i want to play ?

3. no local servers or sever selection ... example: america, oceania, asia ...

i jump on each day to see if the lag disappears...nope still 239 with packet loss and delay.. funny how apex has servers for sydney (im melbourne) gives me 28 ping and runs perfect.

fix your firestorm this is f grade material.... failure.

[post edited to conform to forum rules - removing ALL CAPS]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • MagicCris05
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    It’s already coming at some point for a limited time.

I don't mean teams of 2 type 32vs32 but duo with friends, for example 32 teams of 2
    It’s already coming at some point for a limited time.

I don't mean teams of 2 type 32vs32 but duo with friends, for example 32 teams of 2

What? Duos = 32 teams of 2
    No duo = squad but of 2.
  • Oio89i77y6yu
    edited March 29
    S1mple_Jax wrote: »

ect ect ect.

HAHA TRY PLAYING WITH 260 PING. tell us then if it's a great game.. no server allocations. Pathetic way to look after gamers.

You must be one of those lucky Americans who has dedicated servers... The rest of us have 150+ to 260+( Oceania ) ping... Unplayable .. shoot an RPG at a wall Infront of Me to see it register 2seconds later ... Yeah reaaaaal good... Not.

EVEN PUBG has now got dedicated severs with no lag... PUBG is AHEAD of firestorms failure
  • AssassinoX1
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I landed right next to someone who didn't even know I did so. I immediately started to attack them as they picked up a weapon and ammo and loaded the weapon. During that time of them being helpless I hit them with the knife 4 times with the first 3 hits being right to their back and the 4th to their front. On the 5th possible hit he just shoots me dead... I don't know if it's only ping or a combination of it and whatever other issues but things feel so inconsistent every match and it just feels like a big mess that wasn't entirely thought out other than trying to copy every other BR game.
  • Unsinge
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd like an honest trailer for Firestorm ... what % of the time is spent gathering vs. actually engaging in fights? Is it 10 minutes of prep and running around and then 10 seconds of 'encounter'? I still don't get the appeal of BR as a mode, perhaps just a once a month thing with the clanmates - oh nevermind ...
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EVEN PUBG has now got dedicated severs with no lag... PUBG is AHEAD of firestorms failure

Mmmmm well now everyone knows you’re just a troll. Comparing a game that’s been out for 2 years to something that just launched. Just wow.
  • DirtyDog1974
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played solo match on FS, got booted ok with 4 players left. Is this what I can expect going forward? Disappointed to hear Dice is taking over for Criterion going forward. They certainly will screw up FS, along with less resources for base game.
  • HardAimedKid
    edited March 29

Mmmmm well now everyone knows you’re just a troll. Comparing a game that’s been out for 2 years to something that just launched. Just wow.

[post removed due to multiple violations]

Fan boy lol. If you look around I’ve not had much good to say about bfv that’s good and my play time would reflect as much, I’m so much of a fan boy I don’t play their game. But what is factual is that you can’t compare 2 years worth of patches and fixes on a game to a game that just launched, just doesn’t make sense. 👍