DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• BIO30NGclankillr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hit reg is unforgiving for OOR players we basically do 1 clips amount of damage using 3 clips so we die a lot quicker. It's really frustrating, there should be a reward for completing an assignment while playing above 200 ping
  • warslag
    1400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    EVEN PUBG has now got dedicated severs with no lag... PUBG is AHEAD of firestorms failure

Mmmmm well now everyone knows you’re just a troll. Comparing a game that’s been out for 2 years to something that just launched. Just wow.

[post removed due to multiple violations]

Fan boy lol. If you look around I’ve not had much good to say about bfv that’s good and my play time would reflect as much, I’m so much of a fan boy I don’t play their game. But what is factual is that you can’t compare 2 years worth of patches and fixes on a game to a game that just launched, just doesn’t make sense. 👍

It's unacceptable to use the newness of a game as an excuse for a lack of quality, missing features or anything else. Customers expect that the products they buy are of assured quality. Actually, I thought that was supposed to be the hallmark of the highly expensive post BF2 era Battlefield games.
  • Braddock512
    1273 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @HardAimedKid @warslag - Stay on Topic.

Discuss the features, etc. of Firestorm or find another thread.

-Braddock512-
  • Braddock512
    1273 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Why can't we build stuff like in fortnite?

You should be able to build fortifications which would add to a players strategy.

One of the Devs mentioned this on Twitter or maybe via an email.
    Basically, adding fortifications was scrapped (for now, maybe it will come in the future, who knows?) because it slowed down the mode too much.

-Braddock512-
  • Braddock512
    Like I said initially, a cash grab attempt by EA once again.

I'm even enjoying the mode with my buds, but I realize what is and why they did it.
    Glad you're enjoying it. Not sure how a free mode is a cash grab, but okay.

-Braddock512-

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @HardAimedKid @warslag - Stay on Topic.

Discuss the features, etc. of Firestorm or find another thread.

-Braddock512-

Yes I did address the fanboy topic but I also addressed that firestorm couldn’t possibly be ahead of pubg in terms of fixes when it just launched. (Even though in my opinion as far as how good it plays it’s already ahead in my opinion)
  • Braddock512
    edited March 29

Yes I did address the fanboy topic but I also addressed that firestorm couldn’t possibly be ahead of pubg in terms of fixes when it just launched. (Even though in my opinion as far as how good it plays it’s already ahead in my opinion)

Right on. Just wanted to address the bickering/name-calling.

And we are looking to push an update for BFV out next week that has a whole host of fixes/tweaks to Firestorm as well as BFV vanilla.

-Braddock512
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Right on. Just wanted to address the bickering/name-calling.

And we are looking to push an update for BFV out next week that has a whole host of fixes/tweaks to Firestorm as well as BFV vanilla.

-Braddock512

I can’t wait.
  • greyyetigreyyeti
    39 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    God, do i hate this mode already. Just getting the 1500 points for ToW is enough to make me never want to play this again.
  • Braddock512
    God, do i hate this mode already. Just getting the 1500 points for ToW is enough to make me never want to play this again.
    Appreciate the feedback. Got any specific details on why?

-Braddock512-
  • JDOGMcFUZZL
    122 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 29
    Firestorm is honestly terrible. Its buggy and lags a lot. The ring moves to often. So you hardly get to loot or see any part of the map before you're being forced to run for 5 minutes. You pretty much need to always land in the very center if you want to even hope to get decent gear. The menu for your inventory is confusing and unclear. The game is designed around a quick ttk so you get downed and completely killed out of the game really quickly. Which isn't that enjoyable. Especially since it takes like 5 minutes to get back into another game. The lack of in-game communication with pinging objects or areas makes playing with randomsor no Mic people extremely difficult. Overall everything just feels buggy, rushed, and poorly thrown together. I don't know if dice was thinking this would be a hardcore battleroyal game but BR just doesnt work in the battlefield series. It doesn't make sense from a gameplay standpoint. And it doesnt make sense from a "story standpoint" for lack of a better word. Dice should never have invested time and energy into this. The time it took to design this map which is like 10 times larger than hamada? They could have given us at least 5 other maps for all our other multiplayer experiences. Plus weapons, cosmetics, vehicles, gadgets, and other factions. Those other game types are why people play battlefield games. Not for more Battleroyale crap.
  • JDOGMcFUZZL
    122 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm even enjoying the mode with my buds, but I realize what is and why they did it.

-Braddock512-

He's probably meaning a cash grab by trying to push more copies of BFV because it now has a BR game mode. Instead of focusing on the roots of a good BF game, large destructible maps, large teams with infantry, air, land, and see vehicles. Intense combat over a wide variety of locations within each map. Just so many things that have separated the BF titles from almost all other FPS games. But instead of really focusing on all that good stuff and win people over with excellent quality and diversity they've tried to use the BR bandwagon to try and sell more copies of the game.
  • dude_ButtCabbage
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

-Braddock512-

So we can take that as a statement meaning EA won't be throwing this out as free to play for everyone and their cousin in 1 or 2 months?
  • greyyetigreyyeti
    39 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Appreciate the feedback. Got any specific details on why?

-Braddock512-

Some feedback:

You either drop with a few other players in one location and then it turns into a dumb race of who gets a weapon first, if you don't you are dead anyway so you get like 30 sec playtime for 1 minute of loading.
    Or you get some stuff but are so far out that you have to walk 2-3 minutes until you meet someone and then there is a 50% chance you'll die anyway.

I get that this is the basic design idea of Battle Royale games, but this is also the reason i don't play them.

And then people are doing the same camping stuff as in normal BF which i consider to be boring.

I also get that i am not your target audience since i am not some super elite pro player who constantly does videos about his 20+ kill streaks and his 5+ K/D.

In the end i am just not good enough to enjoy this mode since i die too fast and too often to actually play the game. This would be less of a problem in normal BF where i just respawn but in a Battle Royale it just means not much is happening and then i die which is very unsatisfying.
  • HardAimedKid
    Firestorm is honestly terrible. Its buggy and lags a lot. The ring moves to often. So you hardly get to loot or see any part of the map before you're being forced to run for 5 minutes. You pretty much need to always land in the very center if you want to even hope to get decent gear. The menu for your inventory is confusing and unclear. Because the game is designed around a quick ttk is designed to be so fast for bfv you get downed and completely killed out of the game really quickly. The lack of in-game communication with pinging objects or areas makes playing randoms extremely difficult. Overall everything just feels buggy, rushed, and poorly thrown together. I don't know if dice was thinking this would be a hardcore battleroyal game but BR just doesnt work in the battlefield series. It doesn't make sense from a gameplay standpoint. And it doesnt make sense from a "story standpoint" for lack of a better word. Dice should never have invested time and energy into this. The time it took to design this map which is like 10 times larger than hamada? They could have given us at least 5 other maps for all our other multiplayer experiences. Plus weapons, cosmetics, vehicles, gadgets, and other factions. Those other game types are why people play battlefield games. Not for more Battleroyale crap.

It sounds like that you don’t like that Battle Royale games are extremely circumstantial from your post. If not then no, firestorm isn’t for you.

One of the best things about Battle Royale games to anyone who likes them is the circumstance, while it can drive you insane from time to time it always makes for an interesting match to us 🤷‍♀️
  • DirtyDog1974
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 29

-Braddock512-

Please explain how it is a free game when you have to purchase the game. Just a question.
  • Kongo030
    639 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IMHO FS should have it's own ranking and when possible match people to their FS skill based ranking. With my tactical play I end up in the last 16 every other game. Tonight I ranked 2nd twice but I'm still bad at killing 1:1. I know how to get good stuff by dropping into remote areas. Yes it's a lot of running and hiding but that gets me into the end game. There I fail miserably. I do damage but never kill. I'm afraid my skill will not go far up so I'll leave FS just because I'm matched with way better players. Fine with me but I really liked this mode and it's the first BR I'm playing after 5 minutes of Fortnite last year.
  • Braddock512

-Braddock512-

So we can take that as a statement meaning EA won't be throwing this out as free to play for everyone and their cousin in 1 or 2 months?

No, you can take it as exactly how it was written. You can assume whatever you want, but don't try to twist my words.

-Braddock512-
  • Braddock512

-Braddock512-

Please explain how it is a free game when you have to purchase the game. Just a question.

For sure. First, I didn't say it was a "free game". I said it was a "free mode".
    The word "free" here meaning that, like all DLC in Battlefield V, there was no cost to play it if you have Battlefield V because it's part of Battlefield V.

-Braddock512-
  • plyinttm
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was a huge fan after BF 3. Thought the controls were over complicated but liked it enough to get BF 4. WOW knocked that out of the park with PS 3. Totally awesome! Then PS 4 came out...I finally broke down 2 months ago and got the PS 4 with only 2 games. BF 5 was 1 and after trying BF 1, I didn't care for it so I wont buy it. I will be totally honest, seems like the games went backwards with technology since BF 4. LMG is more accurate long distance than a sniper rifle? I didn't care for it but I still played for a bit. Got hooked on Blackout and now Firestorm comes out. I played it for 2 days, and it's way too confusing & time consuming to change between gadgets. Between the time it takes to load a game to the confusion and time between gadgets...IDK how often I'll play it. Kind of given up on BF. Call me when you take the the BF4 version to a new level and I promise to be the first to jump back on the wagon.

PS, tell Sony the PS 3 controller's action was more fluid and accurate then these new ones. Same crappy quality as I'm on my second controller in such a short time!

I'm starting to give up paying such a premium price for crappy quality!