Weekly BF

DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• mwalker84
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not a fan — 3 main problems with this game mode.
    Too inconsistent, too lengthy load times, too many bullets — wayyy too many bullets to kill people. 
    I had high hopes for this game mode, but it's a big step backwards in the BF franchise — if they ever released a hardcore mode I would love to try that, but this is ridiculous. 
  • TJmingo22
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mwalker84 wrote: »
    Not a fan — 3 main problems with this game mode.
    Too inconsistent, too lengthy load times, too many bullets — wayyy too many bullets to kill people. 
    I had high hopes for this game mode, but it's a big step backwards in the BF franchise — if they ever released a hardcore mode I would love to try that, but this is ridiculous. 

Yes I feel the same way. Its ridiculous that you have to shoot people so much to kill. The game mode is pretty much whoever finds level 3 heavy armor wins. Just change the game mode name from firestorm to lootstorm, because that's what it boils down to, who finds the best loot. Headshots=broken armor. LMAO
  • Jadzeer_Daxx
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I truly hate this mode.  If I wanted to play Battle Royale, I'd get Fortnite.  Try using Dev time to make the gameplay in BFV better. Thanks.
  • Kongo030
    665 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It can actually be very tactically. If you're not good at running and gunning like me you need to find your war. I'm not engaging until it's a good chance to kill. Meaning I either wait till someone just one a firefight or I could do some explosive damage before shooting. I understand it's not everybody's cup of tea but I like playing 1-2 rounds a day. Only two wins so far but very often in the last 8 and loads of fun.
  • ChazB1987
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    True, starting to play again and completing the Firestorm or Trail by Fire, doing sniping at first and see how the other team plays and the squad is good so far, even though I'm not in the group chat. Completing the objective, just need to find a squad to stay as a team, nothing so far.
  • GlazyPeddington
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So i just had a game where me and one more was left on the map. we both killed eachother in a firefight within split seconds of eachother. "makin it a tie". It even said in the post screen that I was #1. but NO win appeared, and NOT even a tie. Maby its time to eighter create a draw section in the profile or just make draw as a Victory to both parts. eighter of this is ok for me. but give us something when being THAT close to a V.
  • Kongo030
    The funniest finish I've spectated was the winner being killed by an AT pistol grenade fired by the 2nd. 
  • iwork4beer
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 25
    I personally don't mind the mode, Its like PUBG but with an actual chance of winning. (no hackers) Thats at least when it works. Getting it to work is really hit and miss. Finding a game in Australia is way too slow. More Aussie servers are needed and they also need to fix the long waiting time it takes to find a game.
    Post edited by iwork4beer on
  • Kongo030
    How should they fix the long waiting times for local servers? I guess there aren't enough players in those regions so you either need to wait long or join other servers and suffer from high ping.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    How should they fix the long waiting times for local servers? I guess there aren't enough players in those regions so you either need to wait long or join other servers and suffer from high ping.

u mean gain advantage from high ping AND destroy the fun of other ppl right?
    dunno if firestorm servers overcompensate like the rest but yea...
  • iwork4beer
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is plenty of demand, My gut feel is this is a cost issue, running local servers here is much more expensive than the USA.
  • ezy_company
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 said:
    It's really easy...you take the  people trying to join a game and YOU START THE GAME...the  number of times I sit there waiting with an Aussie squad and it finds nothing...resquad...oh look new Aussie people...find nothing...resquad...oh look new Aussie people...nothing. Everyone is sitting in these queues with no idea what's  going on,, asking each other wheether they've been able to join a game, it's a joke...and yea duo or solo mode? HAHAHA no chance.

You get  the feeling these squad servers will not start until they reach 40 people or some threshold which is just not being reached in our region, so why not lower it? I had a game with 16 people not so long ago and it was more fun than the hours I've spent trying to find a game.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The firestorm forum seems really dead, are people still playing FS or is this seriously a dying game mode?  Haven't been online to play for about a week and from catching up it looks like no one really cares about FS now. 
  • Kongo030
    In Europe I don't wait long unless it's in the middle of the night.
  • GlazyPeddington
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the queue time is not thaaat bad, but ive experiensed having 64 players rdy and still have to wait the last 60 sek befor deploying. 
    Whats worse then the queue time is the damnd armor. takin away the oneshot to the head potential with a sniper. That kinda ruind good BF feeling ive had in all the other bf games. the armor to the body im tolerating, but the head ? even  a lvl 1\lvl2  armor blocks headshots. thats abit overkill in my opinion. sniping in FS is dead unfortunatly :S
    Even Call of duty blackout have headshot kill potential with snipers as long as they dont have lvl 3 full juggernut suit. 
    If they were going to fix anything in this mode. I hope its that ! :(
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 26
    Player count seem low, server count is low, matchmaking takes forever, waiting times to get in a game are long and tedious (lobby & plane), the loot system is cluttered and unintuiative & the map feels empty with little action. Firestorm appears to be dead after a month or so, now the links to Trial by Fire assignments are over Firestorm has immolated.
  • champo87
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 29
    What exactly is Dice/EA's plan for Firestorm?! It feels like they've invested millions of dollars into this game mode and are basically letting it die through inaction. There is no communication and no apparent efforts to boost the Firestorm community - it's actually mind boggling. Am I missing something?
  • ChazB1987
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No you are not missing anything, the game is just a remake from Apex and others game that is the same format, nothing new at all.
  • Nhyyx
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really like BFV and I was not expecting much from Firestrom, but I must admit.. it's really nice!
    I love the core BF game with iconic modes as conquest, but I also like BR games, and Firestorm is a great mix !
    Games are fun, quite balanced, strategic and there is a lot of action.

But... it needs some improvements in my opinion :

1. First of all, as all players said : the loot system is absolutely crap at the moment. Just need a classic loot box on dead bodies
    2. Need a better spotting system : pins on the map are not enough readable and teammates are never aware of them. It will be nice to have differents pins design if you spot a direction, an ennemy or a loot (Apex did it great). Playing back BFV in classic modes, there a voice from the soldier with the spot as "Danger, look over there!" etc. Why thoses spot voices aren't in Firestorm ? It will definitively be a good start to help squadwork
    3. Weapons. The weapons rarity and attachements system is a bit confusing but it's ok. But why are so few BFV weapons in it ? Where are the Lewis, M1907 SF, Turner SMLE, etc. etc.
    4. Customization. It's a detail and not very essential, but it seems important today to keep players. So, why we don't have weapons skins in Firestorm ? They are in BFV.. I don't get it.
    5. A new map ... Ok, I'm dreaming :*

Thanks !

• ragnarok013
    3351 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I can't personally say that I'm a fan. If Battlefield wanted a spawn in and find the weapons mode they should have brought back BF3's Scavenger mode and updated it.

Regarding Firestorm as a mode I didn't like the inventory system as it is clunky and slow, I didn't like the inclusion of armor or how weapons had tiers either. Firestorm should have used the base game's inventory system of allowing two gadgets, a main weapon and a secondary weapon. Also have one ammo type for all weapons since having different types deviates so far from the fluid action of a real Battlefield mode and adds yet another level of RNG to an already RNG dominated game mode. I'd prefer if every weapon was the same tier in order to reduce the RNG factor a bit more since we're already at the mercy of RNG when it comes to finding weapons.

I do believe that Firestorm absolutely must be a separate download from the main game like BF1 incursions was so that DICE can balance Firestorm completely separate from Battlefield 5. The balancing needs of a Battle Royale are completely at odds with the balancing requirements of the core game in Conquest, Rush, and Operations and until they are balanced separately one side of that equation will suffer. The separate download can also allow DICE to create and market crazy  firestorm only character customizations that won't be present in the main BF5 game so some semblance of immersion can remain as intact in the base game.