DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• EdwinSpangler
    1844 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    Can't support a gamemode that's the reason why the rest of the game is bad.

Health and ammo attrition? Because Battle Royale.
    Revive animations, and animations in general? Because BR.
    Addition of squad revive and the supposed addition of dragging? Because BR.
    Removal of spotting and the addition of a ping system? Because BR.
    Smaller squads? Probably helped along by BR, to make squadding up in 64 player Firestorm even.
    Fortification system? Probably because BR.

Holy sheeet.... EVERYTHING makes sense this very moment I read this post... It´s like I have been unable to see the forrest for the trees.

Battleroyale Firestorm is not inspired by BFV.... Battlefield V is released in order to push BR gamemode upon us...!

Wow this is sad beyond believe....

Lol you have seen the light...
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tminus until everyone that said 🔥 ⛈ should be cancelled begins 🤤 over the trailer.

• TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Excellent trailer btw.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Tminus until everyone that said 🔥 ⛈ should be cancelled begins 🤤 over the trailer.

Tractors!

I'm in.......
  • TEKNOCODE
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Tractors!

I'm in.......

Driving the tractor with a prosthetic whilst pulling my team will be 🤯
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Tractors!

I'm in.......

Whilst this plays in the background......

• SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trailer is one thing, the current game is always something else. Just saying.
    BR is still not my kind of game play.
  • TEKNOCODE

Tractors!

I'm in.......

Whilst this plays in the background......

Lol. @crabman169 has a theory;

There will be an unfair advantage from farming simulator players and actual farmers. Lmfao
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trailer is awesome, still not changing my mind. Not touching it. :)
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will definitely try it. Cant imagine myself liking it but i will at least give it a try.
  • Trokey66
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Tractors!

I'm in.......

HUoTl8t.jpg

(Stolen from Reddit. Here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b0yssw/it_looks_like_the_firestorm_red_tractor_is_going/)

Ha Ha! Epic!

I live in Lincoln and they are oh so true!
  • DigitalHype
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    Regardless of whether firestorm will be good or not, I just don't see how it will save the core game.

Tbh, I see it as a detriment to the core game whether firestorm succeeds or fails.

We've been deceived. Firestorm is the core game. We're currently playing what DICE hopes is the sideshow. And we've basically been testing a lot of it for 4 months.
    -
    Just look at all the core design mechanics which are geared toward BR. Reduced visibility, lack of spotting, 4 person squads, lack armor splash dmg. Armor weakened against infantry, etc...
    -
    Visceral didn't make this in 6 months. DICE has been working on Firestorm for a long time. All the other game modes were from put in from earlier titles with some tweaks, before Visceral finishes up BR. I think we're likely to see some (all?) of the maps we're playing now, in Firestorm. Notice that Narvik is in today's Firestorm trailer.
    -
    Company Coin is only just now starting to work. Because they needed it working before they start monetizing with Firestorm. They still haven't introduced BF coins, and have held back all the cosmetics, until Firestorm is ready.
    -
    Why haven't they increased the level cap? They don't want players at 100+ when they try to bring in the real player base for Firestorm. They don't want to scare them off. No RSP yet? They want to see what happens to playerbase after Firestorm first, to decide if RSP is viable.

• trip1ex
    5331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    Regardless of whether firestorm will be good or not, I just don't see how it will save the core game.

Tbh, I see it as a detriment to the core game whether firestorm succeeds or fails.

We've been deceived. Firestorm is the core game. We're currently playing what DICE hopes is the sideshow. And we've basically been testing a lot of it for 4 months.
    -
    Just look at all the core design mechanics which are geared toward BR. Reduced visibility, lack of spotting, 4 person squads, lack armor splash dmg. Armor weakened against infantry, etc...
    -
    Visceral didn't make this in 6 months. DICE has been working on Firestorm for a long time. All the other game modes were from put in from earlier titles with some tweaks, before Visceral finishes up BR. I think we're likely to see some (all?) of the maps we're playing now, in Firestorm. Notice that Narvik is in today's Firestorm trailer.
    -
    Company Coin is only just now starting to work. Because they needed it working before they start monetizing with Firestorm. They still haven't introduced BF coins, and have held back all the cosmetics, until Firestorm is ready.
    -
    Why haven't they increased the level cap? They don't want players at 100+ when they try to bring in the real player base for Firestorm. They don't want to scare them off. No RSP yet? They want to see what happens to playerbase after Firestorm first, to decide if RSP is viable.

Pretty much.
  • Killerplautze5XL
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think that that "Firestorm" will be like a staw fire. For about one or two weeks a lot of people will play and then everyone is sick of it. I am not going to try out that BR-mode because I expect a lot of annoying little kids to play it. If you look in the comment section of some Youtube videos about "Firestorm" you can already see a lot of obvious kids commenting there. Also people will be annoyed by the imbalance quite quickly since there are things like tanks in this game mode. A well organized squad possessing one or two tanks will easily steamroll all the other players. Maybe "Firestorm" will generate a little hype, however it will definitely not be lasting and probably less fun than the trailer promises it to be.
  • TEKNOCODE
    I think that that "Firestorm" will be like a staw fire. For about one or two weeks a lot of people will play and then everyone is sick of it. I am not going to try out that BR-mode because I expect a lot of annoying little kids to play it. If you look in the comment section of some Youtube videos about "Firestorm" you can already see a lot of obvious kids commenting there. Also people will be annoyed by the imbalance quite quickly since there are things like tanks in this game mode. A well organized squad possessing one or two tanks will easily steamroll all the other players. Maybe "Firestorm" will generate a little hype, however it will definitely not be lasting and probably less fun than the trailer promises it to be.

Unfortunately, those “annoying kids” are 30-45 year old “adults.”
This discussion has been closed.