DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

  • DigitalHype
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    If DICE doesn't do something different, Firestorm's biggest problem (on PC) will be cheating.
  • DarkestHour138
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    None of yous gonna "ignore" firestorm. You all gonna give it a try, then if you dont like it ok. Stop being hypocritical

    This guy knows the truth. Everybody will play a couple rounds just to see what it's all about. Some will like it and some will not.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    That's a brilliant trailer. My favourite band and favourite song, too. I really hope the gameplay lives up to it.

    I liked the way they parachuted in. "Move it!"

    I hope they are prepared for an influx of cheating. These battle royal games are a magnet for cheating. Apex is a nightmare for it. Seems like it's partly what these BR games are designed for. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With the current fast TTK, it wont work as a long lasting BR mode.
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    With the current fast TTK, it wont work as a long lasting BR mode.

    no argument because you have body armor in firestorm. you die very fast in pubg aswell without armor.
  • DarkestHour138
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    With the current fast TTK, it wont work as a long lasting BR mode.

    There is armor in the mode, just like all other BR modes.

    And I wouldn't be surprised if they adjusted the TTK for this mode.
  • Shinkiro94
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    None of yous gonna "ignore" firestorm. You all gonna give it a try, then if you dont like it ok. Stop being hypocritical

    This guy knows the truth. Everybody will play a couple rounds just to see what it's all about. Some will like it and some will not.

    You're both wrong, im gonna ignore it because BFV isnt even installed anymore and im busy with better games and BF4 :)
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shinkiro94 wrote: »
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    None of yous gonna "ignore" firestorm. You all gonna give it a try, then if you dont like it ok. Stop being hypocritical

    This guy knows the truth. Everybody will play a couple rounds just to see what it's all about. Some will like it and some will not.

    You're both wrong, im gonna ignore it because BFV isnt even installed anymore and im busy with better games and BF4 :)

    Then why the hell are you even in this forum, FFS?
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can tell the real BF community simply by introducing something new to the game lmao. I swear bf friends had it right with the old guy saying everything fuined their battlefield. Honestly I dont like br style games but I still wanna give this a shot because it may be fun at times. I just love knowing that the people that are complaining that they didnt want firestorm are the same people that want a tactical, team/squad oriented game. I am 40 years young and I can only picture someone trying to teach their grandparents how to use a computer whenever people complain about something new being added. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • ElliotLH
    9843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    That's a brilliant trailer. My favourite band and favourite song, too. I really hope the gameplay lives up to it.

    I liked the way they parachuted in. "Move it!"

    I hope they are prepared for an influx of cheating. These battle royal games are a magnet for cheating. Apex is a nightmare for it. Seems like it's partly what these BR games are designed for. I hope I'm wrong.

    It had some nice comedic bits too. Genuinely laughed when that flare hit the house.
  • GrizzGolf
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wont even touch it
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I will play one round like i always do when they introduce new modes... Then go back to conquest as always. Bf is conquest.

    I was once an admin on the 6th most popular server in BF3. It ran Noshahr Canals TDM 24/7. Metro TDM, Operation Locker TDM--ring any bells? Extremely popular maps with no vehicles, no objectives, and a queue to join. BF is a big house with a lot of rooms, it isn't all Conquest (even if that's my favorite mode). Everyone is free to like what they like, nobody is free to pretend their way is the One True Way to play BF.

    I wouldn't have touched that server with a barge pole because I hate TDM. TDM is not Battlefield to me but I have absolutely no reason to say that mode or your server should not exist.

    That's a refreshing point of view around here, as so many posters will insist that (insert name of whatever it is they don't like) is toxic and should be removed from the game because it's not Real Battlefield--they do seem to think their likes and dislikes should be imposed on others. As I said, Conquest is my favorite form of BF, but TDM is a variation I enjoy at times in part because it is relatively mindless and clueless teammates have less opportunity to screw it up. It's also a good way to work on things like recoil control, snap-shooting etc. without worrying about capping flags or choppers or tanks or whatever. I'd get bored playing nothing but TDM however, so for the most part I play Conquest or occasionally Domination or one of the other variants they come up with. To me Conquest with big maps and lots of vehicles is the heart of BF, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be variations that are radically different from that, in my world one size does not fit all. Sadly we no longer have any choice in such matters thanks to no more rented servers, EA has decided we'll all fit into the same size pants, like it or not.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We play battlefield games to take part in battles on huge battlefields with lots of soldiers on either side. Surely if we wanted BR we would have played battlegrounds / fortnite / apex ext. So much time and effort has been wasted on a mode that is not wanted. Even worse, the traditional BF experience has been warped by features influenced by BR (4 man squad, reviving ect).
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We play battlefield games to take part in battles on huge battlefields with lots of soldiers on either side. Surely if we wanted BR we would have played battlegrounds / fortnite / apex ext. So much time and effort has been wasted on a mode that is not wanted. Even worse, the traditional BF experience has been warped by features influenced by BR (4 man squad, reviving ect).

    Then why do modes such as TDM and Domination exist and why aren't you crying for their removal?
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    We play battlefield games to take part in battles on huge battlefields with lots of soldiers on either side. Surely if we wanted BR we would have played battlegrounds / fortnite / apex ext. So much time and effort has been wasted on a mode that is not wanted. Even worse, the traditional BF experience has been warped by features influenced by BR (4 man squad, reviving ect).

    Then why do modes such as TDM and Domination exist and why aren't you crying for their removal?

    They have been around for a very long time and woven into the fabric of Battlefield for ages now. They have not just been shoved in as a 'here today gone tomorow' bandwagon like BR.
  • DarkestHour138
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So much time and effort has been wasted on a mode that is not wanted.

    You keep saying that but if you look at the response they're getting on Twitter you will see that you're wrong. There are the doubters like you but the majority is overwhelmingly positive. Seems to be the forums have the most negativity for the mode, but it's only a tiny fraction of the overall community.

  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    We play battlefield games to take part in battles on huge battlefields with lots of soldiers on either side. Surely if we wanted BR we would have played battlegrounds / fortnite / apex ext. So much time and effort has been wasted on a mode that is not wanted. Even worse, the traditional BF experience has been warped by features influenced by BR (4 man squad, reviving ect).

    Then why do modes such as TDM and Domination exist and why aren't you crying for their removal?

    They have been around for a very long time and woven into the fabric of Battlefield for ages now. They have not just been shoved in as a 'here today gone tomorow' bandwagon like BR.

    So what you are saying is no more new modes?

    Oh dear.......
This discussion has been closed.