Firestorm - fixing things

woba42
41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
- you hear your own footsteps way too much
- looting system is awful
- 2x scopes on sniper rifles is blurred?
- achieveing a victory is boring (i mean the sign at the end, you don't even realize you've won)
- duos will be a limited time only? i mean what, are they trying to be "unique" or "creative" by this limited time modes, i want to play duos more than anyting, why wouldn't that be a permanent thing?
- wanting to play squads alone let's say we are 3 friends and don't want a 4th, by the time you click "start now" you already have a forth in your squad
- crashing a chooper doesn't kill you (always)
- swaping things in backpack is not polished enough
- revive animation sometimes skips itself...

But all in all the game is really good in my opinion.

But for now, just change the god damn looting, things landing on top of eachother and you trying to pick the bottom item is just impossible.

Comments

• woba42
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edit: free look when flying down...
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can't really comment on how the game feels yet as I haven't played, but I e watched a few hours worth of streamed gameplay so here goes:
    1) agreed - they sounded a little too loud to me, but it's something that should be easily fixable.
    2) yup, that seems to be the general consensus and the guys at Criterion said they're looking into a better one with crates or bags or something that are dropped.
    3) that's just the Aperture sight, I'm not a massive fan of it at least on snipers. It's ok on semi-autos where you're not going to be at such long ranges generally.
    4) noticed this - it should at least stay on screen until the round fully ends and you go into the EOR screen.
    5) I want to say they're going to probably add permanent duos at least at some point, I think it will be a popular mode.
    The others are more specific and I can't say anything about them really.
    Some additional initial feedback:
    Obviously it's early days, but at some point more/different weapons would be nice, and maybe different weapon loadouts? Afaik a purple weapon will always have the same attachments and specs, so having a different tree and accessories could be cool and add more variety.
    I'm kind of conflicted about the shooting/melee when you're in the downed state. I get that it's a cool and reasonably unique mechanic, but I worry that it could be a little annoying. That said, I haven't had a chance to play yet so it could be fine.

Based off the bits of the maps I have seen, I think they could actually use some chunks of the map as part of a full MP map. Also, the hangar at the start - very reminiscent of the Fort Deveaux gameplay I've seen, with the colour scheme and tight coridoors. That could be an interesting map or segment.
  • woba42
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    I can't really comment on how the game feels yet as I haven't played, but I e watched a few hours worth of streamed gameplay so here goes:
    1) agreed - they sounded a little too loud to me, but it's something that should be easily fixable.
    2) yup, that seems to be the general consensus and the guys at Criterion said they're looking into a better one with crates or bags or something that are dropped.
    3) that's just the Aperture sight, I'm not a massive fan of it at least on snipers. It's ok on semi-autos where you're not going to be at such long ranges generally.
    4) noticed this - it should at least stay on screen until the round fully ends and you go into the EOR screen.
    5) I want to say they're going to probably add permanent duos at least at some point, I think it will be a popular mode.
    The others are more specific and I can't say anything about them really.
    Some additional initial feedback:
    Obviously it's early days, but at some point more/different weapons would be nice, and maybe different weapon loadouts? Afaik a purple weapon will always have the same attachments and specs, so having a different tree and accessories could be cool and add more variety.
    I'm kind of conflicted about the shooting/melee when you're in the downed state. I get that it's a cool and reasonably unique mechanic, but I worry that it could be a little annoying. That said, I haven't had a chance to play yet so it could be fine.

Based off the bits of the maps I have seen, I think they could actually use some chunks of the map as part of a full MP map. Also, the hangar at the start - very reminiscent of the Fort Deveaux gameplay I've seen, with the colour scheme and tight coridoors. That could be an interesting map or segment.

Fair points :) the knifing/shooting thing - it takes some time for the animation to kick in so in all that time you can be finished off already
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, had fun last night but agree. Looting is just bad, managing your inventory is so bad I tried avoiding it, but it started at a good place I believe. I also agree that duo needs to be a full time mode as it’s a lot of people’s favorite way to play Br.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14652 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Hi there.

We have an active main thread regarding Firestorm, So please use that instead.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/183763/discussion-battlefield-v-firestorm#latest
This discussion has been closed.