I Can't Join Servers

Kid_Edgy
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I have been trying to join servers through the server menu, but most of the time it just sit in the loading screen indefinitely , where it either freezes, or just doesn't load. In the rare occasion I actually do join a server, it takes at least ten minutes to join in. Is there anyway I can fix this?

Comments

• hbbaar69
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some more info, please. Are you trying to join servers in your own area? (for instance: if you live in Europe, do you search for servers in Europe?) Looks like a ping related issue to me. Bandwidth of your Internet connection?
  • danosdirectos
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had trouble joining my local oceania servers for month or 2 now. My connection is NBN 65mb up, 25mb down, 52ms server ping.
    Once connected it is completely fine, no fluctuations or network instability at all.
    I need to keep trying until it lets me in and

I can generally join the less populated servers immediately, and even high ping asian servers. The few populated oceania servers are the problem but seem more inclined to allow me in between rounds but not always.
    The failures are usually the standard "network or bandwidth . . ", but also unknown, error 0 or error 1 notifications.

Any assistance/suggestions/noting of similar issues beginning recently especially in Australia would be appreciated.
  • danosdirectos
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Solved for me. I called my ISP today for help with a new modem. Thought to mention this and it was instantly recognised - they had put me in a 'cluster' (!) which was creating address conflicts for both bf1 and bfV users.