Shotgun is extremely OP in firestorm

Sidorovich_IsGod
168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 26
How are they doing 200 damage in one shot at close range? Are you actually kidding me?

EDIT: was a hacker

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe ttd bug? I feel like I experienced dying extremely quickly while in the better position and rocking great weapons and armor twice last night. Hopefully it gets fixed if that’s the case, I did enjoy it though
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah i think he was hacking, damage mod. All the base game hacking scumbags are coming over to firestorm just give it time.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    I used the same shotgun and shot a guy 4 times and he didn't die. Definitely not TTD bug either cause he walked out like a braindead noob and just hipfired me for 200 dmg.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That sucks, I’m on console which sucks in its own right, but we definitely don’t have issues with hackers.
  • bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hit someone point blank without armor and only did like 80 damage. They feel week to me but I seem to instantly die to them lol.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I hit someone point blank without armor and only did like 80 damage. They feel week to me but I seem to instantly die to them lol.

Yeah they have a big spread you need to be like 1 meter away, even then they won't one shot.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    Honestly mods can delete this thread because it was a cheater.
  • coladrinker12
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No it's not, actually the shotgun needs to be buffed. Shotgun need more range. If your dying to shotguns a lot you need to practice more. All I use is the shotgun and I can tell you the S1897 is not properly adjusted for realism. It's too weak right now. It can only 1 shot down you at 5 feet or less. Thats terrible range. It's even far worse in Firestorm because of unbalanced armor properties.
  • Cropulus
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They buffed the shotties last time for firestorm, if you buff them more they will ruin the base game. Everyone will start running around with shotties.
  • Godmodegta
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    shotgun can 1 hit close range , and you can get headshot, so if he shot you in head 3x damage that is alot of damage.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used the same shotgun and shot a guy 4 times and he didn't die. Definitely not TTD bug either cause he walked out like a braindead noob and just hipfired me for 200 dmg.

How do you know it was a hacker? I’ve hipfired someone for 200 damage with a lucky headshot, and I play on PS4, where there are no hacks. So it’s definitely doable.

Isn’t one of the shotgun variants using slugs?
  • TheyHaveScissors
    642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »

How do you know it was a hacker? I’ve hipfired someone for 200 damage with a lucky headshot, and I play on PS4, where there are no hacks. So it’s definitely doable.

I remember hackers using damage mods in BF3 and BF4. It really exists.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »

I remember hackers using damage mods in BF3 and BF4. It really exists.

I’m not disputing their existence, I’m wondering how OP knows a hack was used in this situation, when I did the exact same thing on a PS4, where no such hacks exist.
  • TFBisquit
    1522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No it's not, actually the shotgun needs to be buffed. Shotgun need more range. If your dying to shotguns a lot you need to practice more. All I use is the shotgun and I can tell you the S1897 is not properly adjusted for realism. It's too weak right now. It can only 1 shot down you at 5 feet or less. Thats terrible range. It's even far worse in Firestorm because of unbalanced armor properties.

Buffed? 5ft?
    I do know it’s instakill in and around buildings. But recently they are very powerful in some hands. One shotting me from what seems like 30 or 40 ft away.
    So either it’s very strong, or people are cheating.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    791 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The exact opposite for me. Start of the round I was lucky enough to get a shotgun whilst the next lad who ran in had nothing. Blasted him three times but the little git stayed standing and trying to stab me. In the end I just switched to pistol and put him down.

It definitely wasn't aim, we were at point blank range, I couldn't miss if I tried. Either the Shotty's are extremely useless, or the NetCode strikes again.
  • coladrinker12
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »

Buffed? 5ft?
    I do know it’s instakill in and around buildings. But recently they are very powerful in some hands. One shotting me from what seems like 30 or 40 ft away.
    So either it’s very strong, or people are cheating.

The reason you got 1 shot down from that range is because they were using a slug which is basically a mini cannon, but using a slug at close range is very hard to land successful targets. The normal non-slug shotgun rounds are too weak right now. I recommend buffing the shotgun rounds besides slugs.