Weekly Debrief

DICE wanted to keep the community together but...

someguy12121
467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Firestorm has divided the community more than ever.

Comments

• Lt-Rapido
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How did it divide the community?
  • PoppaPappo
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Actually, I think all it’s done is being new people into the game. I don’t know about every region, but in North America I can not only constantly get into a FS game (solo and squads) quickly and easily with a full match, but whenever I check every other mode still has at least the same number of servers they always had (and sometimes more).
  • ElliotLH
    8398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Same song different tune. Also no. Dice got tired of hearing it’s community throw a tantrum over quality paid dlc so they said okay have it your way, free model it is then.

Free dlc models have proven to be very little content unless you count halo and halo dlc is stuff that any person with an imagination could make with forge. So there you have it moaners, you asked for free and got it. You also got a BR for EXTREMELY obvious reasons..

I mean, conquest, ops, breakout, tdm, dom also split the community. Right?

Pc, Xbox, PS4.

Even more 'splits'.

And don't get me started on servers that cannot accommodate every Battlefield player at once!

Don't forget the different regions.
  • Grimace73
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    Actually, I think all it’s done is being new people into the game. I don’t know about every region, but in North America I can not only constantly get into a FS game (solo and squads) quickly and easily with a full match, but whenever I check every other mode still has at least the same number of servers they always had (and sometimes more).

First and only time I played Firestorm I got killed by a 1 rank and had the same thought. Just bought the game to play Firestorm? I spectated him for a few minutes until he got killed by a 7 rank or so.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same song different tune. Also no. Dice got tired of hearing it’s community throw a tantrum over quality paid dlc so they said okay have it your way, free model it is then.
    Free dlc models have proven to be very little content unless you count halo and halo dlc is stuff that any person with an imagination could make with forge. So there you have it moaners, you asked for free and got it. You also got a BR for EXTREMELY obvious reasons..

3 different platforms and no rental servers.
    Community died a long time ago. Just saying.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10866 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »

Not really. I still find a plethora of severs on Xbox. Even that “non bfv” mode that is actually the true bf mode, tdm.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Not really. I still find a plethora of severs on Xbox. Even that “non bfv” mode that is actually the true bf mode, tdm.
    I didn't mean servers. The feeling of playing BF we use to have on PC with a few game modes and rental servers where people knew each other and returned to the server for that reason.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10866 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I didn't mean servers. The feeling of playing BF we use to have on PC with a few game modes and rental servers where people knew each other and returned to the server for that reason.
    Ah. Apologies, I misunderstood.
  • SirBobdk

No worries. I am an old dinosaur who can remember the time before BF was split into multiple platforms and game modes.
    Like the series "cheers" and the title song "Where Everybody Knows Your Name". That feeling is gone. BF has become very anonymous.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No worries. I am an old dinosaur who can remember the time before BF was split into multiple platforms and game modes.
    Like the series "cheers" and the title song "Where Everybody Knows Your Name". That feeling is gone. BF has become very anonymous.

I can remember it as well, tek is also a dinosaur. But I’m not, just you guys.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So, Call of duty divded their community as well?
  • TEKNOCODE

I can remember it as well, tek is also a dinosaur. But I’m not, just you guys.

Lmfao.
  • SirBobdk
    So, Call of duty divded their community as well?
    Don't know. Stopped playing after Cod4 where they removed rental servers and introduced matchmaking.