Weekly BF

DICE wanted to keep the community together but...

13»

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure rent a server will be coming. Its easy money to give to EA. Even though I felt bad seeing a ton of dead rented servers on BF4 over time. I'm like man, what a waste of money. What I want is a map editor like FAR CRY series. Even though it was a pain to find the good maps cause their buried at the bottom of the list with junk maps.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    307 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well administered and routinely started servers won't go dead - there'll be a full queue of people trying to get in.

If the RSP comes, Dice has to pay close attention to the requirements to start a server, because that was the main problem in BF1 requiring too many players to start the initial round.
  • ragnarok013
    3249 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Firestorm has divided the community more than ever.

Segregation started with BF3. The added the mini modes like gunslinger and domination and a few others. Bad Company 2 was pretty much conquest and rush. Then they had that little co-op add on of onslaught.

@GRAW2ROBZ I believe that Onslaught was a console only mode as I always see it in Xbox and PS3 versions but I've never found it in my PC version. I did enjoy Onslaught mode and it's what I was hoping the BF5 Coop mode would imitate.
  • ragnarok013
    3249 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Well administered and routinely started servers won't go dead - there'll be a full queue of people trying to get in.

If the RSP comes, Dice has to pay close attention to the requirements to start a server, because that was the main problem in BF1 requiring too many players to start the initial round.

BF1 RSP had a lot more issues than that. The fact that the BF3 and BF4 console RSP had more options than the BF1 RSP on PC was a huge problem since PC players were able to have fine granular control over almost every apsect of the game via Procon\rcon and the associated plugins until BF1. The gimped BF1 RSP also negatively affected or outright killed many Battlefield communities as a result.