Weekly Debrief

Armor System is a Joke

Marksman5147_ALT
23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
Literally pure RNG and skilless.

Yeah I get thats kinda BR as a whole, but this armors a joke. Blackout does armor pretty well, no headshot protection, levels just decrease damage and you can repair with plates.

BFV system is trash, its literally just more health, 1v2 gunfights are unwinnable if you dont have armor, destroy the first guy, get the jump on the 2nd and *almost* kill him until he has 100more HP than you and you're done.

If there was no headshot protection it'd kinda help balance that out, but thats pointless anyway.

Literally please, just copy/paste blackouts armor system and it'd be infinitely better than what we have now. Gunfights are utterly unwinnable purely because of the severe lack of plates and the fact that plates=more health.

Ignoring the looting/inventory system, this is literally the worst part about Firestorm. What would be a fun experience otherwise is simply murdered by the awful armor mechanics (and lack of ammo)

Comments

• coladrinker12
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. The health and armor is doubled in firestorm compared to their regular mulitplayer. Also I point blank shot a enemy player 4 times less then 5 ft away from me using the 12G shotgun. It takes that many shots to down someone with a shotgun. M1897 isn't any better in BR mode. Also had a player shoot me with 5-6 SMG bullets and I died. The SMG is 300% stronger then a shotgun at less then 5 ft. The hit detection, weapons, armor and health properties need a serious adjustment for firestorm. I recommend using the normal muliplayer settings. I can't find a scope more powerful then a 3x scope in this game. If your gonna make a BR game please do it right. I'm probably going to go back to regular mulitplayer because BF5 BR mode isn't worth it yet.
  • 0uchT1me
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah this game is supposed to be about skill but most every fight seems won or lost based on luck of the loot. The limited fuel for tanks makes them pretty worthless at least in solo - I wish there was a vehicle mode with lots more tanks (that don't run out of gas in a couple miles)... and maybe give the choppers some armament as well.
  • Kongo030
    656 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I lost with a MG42 against G43 at close range due to one armor plate difference....he survived with about 5% health
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    I lost with a MG42 against G43 at close range due to one armor plate difference....he survived with about 5% health

know the feeling, haha, yesterday i died because of an enemy with a KAR98, shot my foot, and i shot him and hit with all 20 bullets from my FG, but yup, he won, fair...………...i guess ahahah!
  • Marksman5147_ALT
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    0uchT1me wrote: »
    Yeah this game is supposed to be about skill but most every fight seems won or lost based on luck of the loot. The limited fuel for tanks makes them pretty worthless at least in solo - I wish there was a vehicle mode with lots more tanks (that don't run out of gas in a couple miles)... and maybe give the choppers some armament as well.

Nah nothing about BFV is skillbased. BF1 which was commonly called "Casualfield 1" is ironically more skillbased than BFV in many cases even with the terrible bloom spread mechanic. BFV is literally (in normal multiplayer) a slow paced long range camp fest where 3x scopes are superior to everything, attrition is a meme and TTK is too low esp with the awful netcode and low server HZ.

BR's are inherently loot based, thats why hot drops are hit or miss if someone gets lucky loot. After the initial drop tho, a BR is suppossed to be balanced enough that you can outskill the enemies.

See I hate CoD always have, never played a single one up until BO4 Blackout came out. Its basically superior to Firestorm in everyway, I WANT Firestorm to be good but its flaws are already too big. A huge fix would be a copy/paste of blackouts armor system since the base health is the same anyway. In Blackout I can outskill someone fairly easily (and Im a much better Battlefield than CoD player mind you) and only rarely do I ever lose to a level III armor purely because their armor, it does happen and its gay, but thats whar BR is (which is why I despise the genre as its mostly luck)

As for the vehicles I disagree, only good tank crews can do anything with them, and thats how it should be. Theyre basically worthless besides transport and long range fire support (besides Sturmtiger) and they should stay that way. Adding OP vehicles to a BR only increases the "random loot luck" problem where someone randomly gets a tank and **** on everyone else, same as randomly getting the extremely OP arty strike or V1 (honestly arty is better than V1 suprisingly)