MMGS

«134
Huntbang
160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Can we please remove the no aim without bipod? Mmgs feel so crappy and gimmicky. The mg42 in particular used to be nice, now the recoil is just ridiculous. There should be less recoil for bipod even if it's just a tiny bit less

Comments

  • GrandMG42CamPeR
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Using 50 bullets has less recoil to my experience
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    just don’t use the crap lol
  • Hawxxeye
    5347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MMGs are right now a niche weapon. You better jump the FG-42 train while you can
  • Cropulus
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If anything MMG’s are currently the meta, so they do not require any buffs. Nerfs would be more appropriate
  • Martijack9
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    learn to use it......i love my mg42 it just flattens everybody in the way it’s great and hip accuracy ain’t that bad when you give it a few bursts
  • Huntbang
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol that's what I thought to martijack but nah especially after the bug recoil nerf bipod
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would much rather be able to aim down the sites (to an extent) like we have been able to in every other battlefield game, but at the expense of hideous recoil. If they found that balance, it would be a million times better than what it is now.
  • Noodlesocks
    2763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're like fully automatic snipers. Buff them and they'd be insane.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 8
    Hawxxeye said:
    MMGs are right now a niche weapon. You better jump the FG-42 train while you can
    BC2 with the MG3 comes to mind here. Somehow standing ads worked there, it's only a matter of ballancing. Right now MMGs force you to camp adding to the "better camp" attitude this game has applied to the players. The stupid assignments are on another level^^
    Just an idea, why not reduce the rof when standing and firing while ads? Who cares about realism anyways.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just an idea, why not reduce the rof when standing and firing while ads? Who cares about realism anyways.

    Nah. I’d rather they make the recoil huge and forced players to tap fire (which would mean that the effective ROF is much lower that what it says on the box)
  • Huntbang
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    loving assault. stg44 is really good. ribey too, was also really good in bf1. Tried conquest with mg42 and as always I did crap. I used to go 64-1 or higher during the first months of bfv using mg42 lol
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    MMGs are right now a niche weapon. You better jump the FG-42 train while you can
    BC2 with the MG3 comes to mind here. Somehow standing ads worked there, it's only a matter of ballancing. Right now MMGs force you to camp adding to the "better camp" attitude this game has applied to the players. The stupid assignments are on another level^^
    Just an idea, why not reduce the rof when standing and firing while ads? Who cares about realism anyways.
    You don't even need to mess with ROF. Take MG34 for example, it shoots 670 bullets per minutes, same as FG42 and Sturmgewehr 1-5. Just give it more recoil than FG42 and there you go. A nice gun for people who got skill to control it. I would instantly make it as my main weapon.

    MG42 was actually used as a light machine gun in WW2 using 50 round drum mag. So make it into that, give it even higher recoil like with Parabellum LMG from BF1 and there you go, players are happy.
  • xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M1922 MG is just sweet, i stop using other MMGs ever since it came out.
  • PackersDK
    731 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’ve just stopped using MMGs on open maps. An mg42 on urban maps is a true joy. Just move after 2-3 kills or you’ll get an incendiary grenade in the face. 
  • olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If any MG requires a buff it would be the stationary ones. Why are they bouncing around like crazy when they are supposed to be heavy? They for sure do not shoot 'heavy' bullets. Given how exposed on is in one of these I think they need to be more lethal (especially at range) to make any sense. The field guns are imo quite well done for example.
  • PackersDK
    731 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 8
    olavafar said:
    If any MG requires a buff it would be the stationary ones. Why are they bouncing around like crazy when they are supposed to be heavy? They for sure do not shoot 'heavy' bullets. Given how exposed on is in one of these I think they need to be more lethal (especially at range) to make any sense. The field guns are imo quite well done for example.
    I agree, I hate how they bounce around. A few of them are actually positioned well, but I seldom use them because I’m more likely to receive a headshot than get a kill.

    I will say though, that especially on the urban maps, you can deterre attackers on Breakthrough from taking a certain route just by firing it down a street or towards a corner.

    The “heavy” designation I’m sure is meant as the old designation. Today it’s a matter of calibre. Originally it was a matter of being water cooled, on a mounting or the like, for sustained fire. 
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    olavafar said:
    If any MG requires a buff it would be the stationary ones. Why are they bouncing around like crazy when they are supposed to be heavy? They for sure do not shoot 'heavy' bullets. Given how exposed on is in one of these I think they need to be more lethal (especially at range) to make any sense. The field guns are imo quite well done for example.

    I agree, I hate how they bounce around. A few of them are actually positioned well, but I seldom use them because I’m more likely to receive a headshot than get a kill.

    I will say though, that especially on the urban maps, you can deterre attackers on Breakthrough from taking a certain route just by firing it down a street or towards a corner.

    The “heavy” designation I’m sure is meant as the old designation. Today it’s a matter of calibre. Originally it was a matter of being water cooled, on a mounting or the like, for sustained fire. 

    A water cooled HMG can shoot all day for as long as you have ammo. In BFV you get a bullet to the head after 5 rounds.

    They are pretty worthless.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1449 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Huntbang said:
    Can we please remove the no aim without bipod? Mmgs feel so crappy and gimmicky. The mg42 in particular used to be nice, now the recoil is just ridiculous. There should be less recoil for bipod even if it's just a tiny bit less
    No the MMG's are specialist and ADS would change the weapon dynamics and its use completely.

    The MG 42 is the best weapon in the game, the recoil is perfectly predictable if you practice with it. It is not one to hold down the trigger and should be used in bursts. 
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That certainly could make them more usable. I think at the very least they could be able to ADS without the bipod, but just give them massive recoil when doing so and a decent amount of artificial spread - that way you'd be able to be at least a little more mobile and it would give you some more versatility, plus you might stand a chance against literally any other weapon if you turn the corner and there's a guy running towards you.
Sign In or Register to comment.