MMGS

124»

Comments

• OrionPherrit
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And to add insult to injury, I now have an MG34 Proficiency assignment asking me to bag 10 hipfire kills in a round or 30 cumulative. Are you friggin’ nuts, EA/Dice??? 🤯🤬😱 It would save time to have me put a bullet in my brain with M1911 instead, dummkopf!

Ironically, I did manage to garner 2 or 3 hipfire kills in Grand Ops, before the game crashed anyway… 💩
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    And to add insult to injury, I now have an MG34 Proficiency assignment asking me to bag 10 hipfire kills in a round or 30 cumulative. Are you friggin’ nuts, EA/Dice??? 🤯🤬😱 It would save time to have me put a bullet in my brain with M1911 instead, dummkopf!

Ironically, I did manage to garner 2 or 3 hipfire kills in Grand Ops, before the game crashed anyway… 💩
    There is no such MG34 Proficiency assignment - hipfire kills?!!
  • ElliotLH
    8203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Are you sure you're not thinking of the MP34?
  • StealthAria
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    Anyone ever noticed the recoil on MMGs during the gap between being able to ADS because the bipod is out and actually receiving the recoil reduction?   They're balanced fine for being able to ADS while standing as-is, the bipod is cutting the recoil by way more than 90%.
    I actually don't mind the hip-fire only aspect though, I just wish it started a bit tighter.  I usually find the hip-fire to more reliably make it over cover than when I'm bipoded up on the cover.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TKing2 wrote: »
    Just give bipodded MMGs the ability to duck down just like the top gunners in tanks can. The MMGs are totally fine and have a spot EXCEPT that sniping is far too easy in this game and is the most frustrating thing about MMGs you just get instantly headshottet from almost any distance. Ever used the Gewehr or Kar98? They almost have 0 dropoff and therefore the only challenge is to hit the head which usually moves. Not for MMG users obviously which makes them an super easy target especially if you shot a few rounds and everybody knows where you sit.
    On certain maps the MMG is completely unusable. The duck option would certainly help a bit in that regard. It always seemed to me dice promoted the playstyle of a support building up the fortifications and then defending it with its MMG but currently you often are more at a disadvantage building them since you not only waste time but you also give clear edges to snipers or bolt action rifles to where you might shoot from. Those sandbag walls with a hole in it for you to deploy the MMG and shoot out from? Oh easy for me as a sniper since i know you will have to peak out of that hole to shoot someone so its an easy target practice.
    Also the inconcistency of the bipod mechanic is ridicoules. It improved a bit with a patch a while ago but its still terrible in many situations.

Yeh they really need to improve bipod deployment. Not just make it more reliable but also make it smarter so you can peak over and deploy from a greater range of distances. Sometimes something will be just too far to deploy on whilst crouched and you’d have to stand up first to deploy
  • OrionPherrit
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Looked at it again. It’s MP34. Sorry, my bad. Guess my eyes were tired after playing latenight — and squinting at hard-to-see enemies. 😝
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 11
    y_j_es_i said:
    TKing2 wrote: »
    Just give bipodded MMGs the ability to duck down just like the top gunners in tanks can. The MMGs are totally fine and have a spot EXCEPT that sniping is far too easy in this game and is the most frustrating thing about MMGs you just get instantly headshottet from almost any distance. Ever used the Gewehr or Kar98? They almost have 0 dropoff and therefore the only challenge is to hit the head which usually moves. Not for MMG users obviously which makes them an super easy target especially if you shot a few rounds and everybody knows where you sit.
    On certain maps the MMG is completely unusable. The duck option would certainly help a bit in that regard. It always seemed to me dice promoted the playstyle of a support building up the fortifications and then defending it with its MMG but currently you often are more at a disadvantage building them since you not only waste time but you also give clear edges to snipers or bolt action rifles to where you might shoot from. Those sandbag walls with a hole in it for you to deploy the MMG and shoot out from? Oh easy for me as a sniper since i know you will have to peak out of that hole to shoot someone so its an easy target practice.
    Also the inconcistency of the bipod mechanic is ridicoules. It improved a bit with a patch a while ago but its still terrible in many situations.

Yeh they really need to improve bipod deployment. Not just make it more reliable but also make it smarter so you can peak over and deploy from a greater range of distances. Sometimes something will be just too far to deploy on whilst crouched and you’d have to stand up first to deploy
    The thing is sometimes deployed MMGs can shoot you while you can't see the player (esp. in windows), that's also extremely stupid. It must be consistent in both directions.