Weekly Debrief

An open letter to Dice. Some of us have legitimately lost all trust & faith in you...

13»

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TuskenAdz wrote: »
    What's even more telling is how peak player counts crashed for BF1 compared to BF4. BF4 currently has more active players than BF1. I still play and love BF4. BF1 was an absolute joke!!!

Ah, that's interesting. And of course, just as important (if not more) than just sales figures. 'How many people kept playing... and for how long'. Coz Battlefront would have sold a ton... but lost it's player numbers rapidly.
    I had no idea BF4 had more players than BF1. Makes sense tho...
    See? That's another thing. Dice would know that. And if they could be bothered, it would take no time at all to turn up a couple of graphics settings for the Pro & X users and create some good will. But their priorities are all outta whack. I still think it's crazy they keep cranking out content in Battlefront 2 that nobody sees rather than fixing the issues that stop people playing. I've literally loaded the game and waited til it throws me in a new map with an empty lobby just to roam around and see the work they've put into it... only to never actually play on that map.

Yeah they didn't break BF4 halfway through and left it to rot.
  • TuskenAdz
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    What's even more telling is how peak player counts crashed for BF1 compared to BF4. BF4 currently has more active players than BF1. I still play and love BF4. BF1 was an absolute joke!!!

I think it helps the core game of BF4 goes on sale often for like $10. $20 for premium included. Same with Hardline. So the community get re-populated with Christmas noobs every couple months. But I dont miss locker/metro 24/7 servers with like a million tickets. That burns ya out fast. I rather play the premium dlc with boats or that last map I cant remember what it was called but was cool.

This reminds me of another weird decision a lot of devs make.
    Because I like BF4 so much... but because it's such an eyesore on xbox... I went and bought it cheap for PC. I waned to play the DLC maps I remember loving that none of the servers on xbox are even running. But i noticed a couple of servers with DLC on pc. I got the game for next to nothing... but then... the 'season pass' from years ago was still full price on the EA store.
    I'd already paid full price for premium on xbox. This game was old as hell. I don't know why they don't always eventually give up the DLC for free. It's a great move for everyone. New players keep player numbers bubbling, and the players that have paid for all their dlc years ago continue to get to use their dlc maps. Everyone is happy. As it stands, I now own 2 copies of BF4, and because I'm not gonna pay full price for the DLC a 2nd time, I have vanilla maps to play in both versions. It's senseless. They're not making any money off old DLC really.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Ah, that's interesting. And of course, just as important (if not more) than just sales figures. 'How many people kept playing... and for how long'. Coz Battlefront would have sold a ton... but lost it's player numbers rapidly.
    See? That's another thing. Dice would know that. And if they could be bothered, it would take no time at all to turn up a couple of graphics settings for the Pro & X users and create some good will. But their priorities are all outta whack. I still think it's crazy they keep cranking out content in Battlefront 2 that nobody sees rather than fixing the issues that stop people playing. I've literally loaded the game and waited til it throws me in a new map with an empty lobby just to roam around and see the work they've put into it... only to never actually play on that map.

Bro their was tons of people suing and threatening to pull funding, during BF4 it was bad
  • EdwinSpangler
    1782 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lt-Rapido wrote: »
    Is there a tl,dr version?
    I surely agree with your title. Not gonna read all that tho.

What's wrong with people? It's not that long a passage. True, the fact that this forum doesn't apply paragraph spacing is really stupid, but still, the requests for a TL;DR (and when people use that term, notice that it's the only time they ever use semi-colons) everywhere these days are ridiculous. Can kids not read for longer than a few seconds? Expecting people to summarise their posts because you're too lazy too do a small bit of reading is silly.

The coloring of this forum background with the white lettering hurts the hell outta my eyes.. I read most but yea, not gonna read ALL that.. I assume youre just summarizing why you no longer trust DICE/EA, which I agreed with..

Let me turn this around on you and ask, whats wrong with people? They think its mandatory for others to read everything they wrote before responding when the point has already been made, when the statement is already clear?

Lol sorry but not everyone is going to quote every point you make and praise you on it..
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Bro their was tons of people suing and threatening to pull funding, during BF4 it was bad

Yea, more than anything, bf4 is the story of how a game can be changed from bad to good if the work is put in.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »

Yea, more than anything, bf4 is the story of how a game can be changed from bad to good if the work is put in.

Definitely! Battlefield 1 saved DICE in the end tho
    Now theybneed another Hit again with the next title, something that will draw people in Like Battlefield 1 did.
  • cylon0
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lt-Rapido wrote: »
    Is there a tl,dr version?
    I surely agree with your title. Not gonna read all that tho.

What's wrong with people? It's not that long a passage. True, the fact that this forum doesn't apply paragraph spacing is really stupid, but still, the requests for a TL;DR (and when people use that term, notice that it's the only time they ever use semi-colons) everywhere these days are ridiculous. Can kids not read for longer than a few seconds? Expecting people to summarise their posts because you're too lazy too do a small bit of reading is silly.

There's all that stuff in there though! People like tweet-length information and not arguments with supporting facts. This is why most people can't have a discussion about anything beyond the headline they've heard or read.

Just tell people what to think in a headline and they'll run with it.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The coloring of this forum background with the white lettering hurts the hell outta my eyes.. I read most but yea, not gonna read ALL that.. I assume youre just summarizing why you no longer trust DICE/EA, which I agreed with..

Let me turn this around on you and ask, whats wrong with people? They think its mandatory for others to read everything they wrote before responding when the point has already been made, when the statement is already clear?

Lol sorry but not everyone is going to quote every point you make and praise you on it..

You know I'm not the OP, right?
  • TuskenAdz
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Definitely! Battlefield 1 saved DICE in the end tho
    Now theybneed another Hit again with the next title, something that will draw people in Like Battlefield 1 did.

I hate to admit it in this unoriginal, creative void of remasters & reboots... but I'd be all over a 4k remaster of any of BC2, BF3 or BF4. At least we'd know what we were getting & that it was a great game.
    Problem is... it wouldn't guarantee they didn't do something stupid like omit local servers or a server browser.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1782 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You know I'm not the OP, right?

I did not realize that comment was coming from just somebody random, wouldnt expect anyone but the OP to make a response like that. Thats just odd. Maybe you havnt been around that long but the "wall of text" is a legitimate complaint on these forums..
  • mrtwotimes
    767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Write them a formal letter, doing this here for the 1000000000000th time is very pointless.
  • n7k6k5w9jp0
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Open letter to the OP.

Legitimately don't care what you think.
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree to TS. I remember how me and my friends played BF3 and BF4 for a few months every day. BFV did not pass even 2 weeks Rubicon. There are a lot of good thing in it, but bugs, lack of content and crap balance made their job.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Open letter to the OP.

Legitimately don't care what you think.

Closed letter to you... Ditto.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mann68heim wrote: »
    MiMiMi everywhere, really guys ... it's a game. Get on with life or maybe get a life.

They know what they did wrong, they will fix some things, break others and eventually BF V will become decent in
    a year or so. Same story with almost every BF game so far.

Just relax.. IT'S A GAME :smiley:

its a product like any other, quit being simple