Should there be a separate Firestorm Discussion room?

WetFishDB
2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
By grouping them in the same discussion room/board it’s hard to find the content that we need. A post talking about guns not doing enough damage? Is it relevant to me? No idea as I have to open it to see if its about Firestorm or not. This is made worse because there is understandably a bit of hype around Firestorm, but then the base game threads are getting lost.

Thoughts?

Comments

• jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    yeah, separate that 'thing' from proper Battlefield game
  • UNIpoke
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do agree. I have the time to scroll through all the different topics but it can be hard to find firestorm topics. Would be nice to just have a section dedicated to firestorm as firestorm is different then the base game. Not only would it make it easier for the fans using the forum but also for the Devs.
  • WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    UNIpoke wrote: »
    I do agree. I have the time to scroll through all the different topics but it can be hard to find firestorm topics. Would be nice to just have a section dedicated to firestorm as firestorm is different then the base game. Not only would it make it easier for the fans using the forum but also for the Devs.

Whereas I’m struggling to find the non-Firestorm stuff :lol:
  • ElliotLH
    8688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Incursions has it's own (albeit mostly dead) section so might as well.
  • CaptHotah
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes it should
  • WetFishDB
    Hmmm. I wonder if we can summon a mod to at least view the suggestion and escalate if they feel it is appropriate. The only ones I can remember by name are @StarscreamUK, @LOLGotYerTags, and @EA_Cian.

Mods, worth escalating the suggestion upwards?
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jog0ff wrote: »
    yeah, separate that 'thing' from proper Battlefield game

Lol 🤣

Yeah I do. I Dont care about firestorm or battle royale.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I’d like a firestorm section, I’m tired of seeing people talk about the horrible base game of bfv, which we all know is subpar trash. Now it has some kinks to work out, but firestorm is a much better cause than the lost one. 👍
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A separate Firestorm section would make it tidier and easier for fans and non-fans alike, to navigate the forum.

In the meantime, forum netiquette lessons for all ...

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines#latest

:p
  • CaptHotah
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I’d like a firestorm section, I’m tired of seeing people talk about the horrible base game of bfv, which we all know is subpar trash. Now it has some kinks to work out, but firestorm is a much better cause than the lost one. 👍

Is that trolling or sarcasm?
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. It should be separated in the forums, and in the stats. DICE is trying to pitch Firestorm as "just another gamemode". It isn't. This is entirely different gameplay.

From "gameplay" perspective, I would argue that BF3, BF4, and BF1 all have more in common with BFV basegame than Firestorm does.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »

Is that trolling or sarcasm?

No I’m being completely serious.
  • IIPrest0nII
    1948 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
This discussion has been closed.