It's called a Mic

13»

Comments

• AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not everyone cares to talk to random strangers on the mic. Most of the time, like others have said, it's someone obnoxious. It shouldn't require someone speaking words 100% of the time to pay attention to what's on the screen, either. I admit most players are blind to what's happening around them and have awful awareness (where being on a mic won't always help anyway) but I assure you, there are also a lot of us who can keep up with everything without speaking a word and just using in game commands. The problem is the players themselves, not solely the lack of talking on a mic.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not everyone cares to talk to random strangers on the mic. Most of the time, like others have said, it's someone obnoxious. It shouldn't require someone speaking words 100% of the time to pay attention to what's on the screen, either. I admit most players are blind to what's happening around them and have awful awareness (where being on a mic won't always help anyway) but I assure you, there are also a lot of us who can keep up with everything without speaking a word and just using in game commands. The problem is the players themselves, not solely the lack of talking on a mic.

I know what you mean but it is always nice when a team mate that has died warns you of the enemy that just killed them that is camping and waiting for you to walk past and revive him or etc.
    Or if you want to help each other with an assignment or request someone to spawn on you, or warn people its not safe to spawn on you, or the location of an enemy they've seen, etc.

I find such things helpful. And i like to be helpful to others. But not gonna lie, sometimes i dont talk to randoms. Dunno, back in the day everyone used mics.
    That seemed to change after BF2 though.

• InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you're a saint then, i've never met anyone like you in my time playing bfv thus my reason for disabling voip all together.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't the old forums have a symbol for which console we played on? Playstation, Xbox, PC? It was kind of a good feature knowing how to respond knowing which platform whoever was on.

Since this game differentiates a lot with consoles vs PC being able to type ingame for everyone to see.