When is a headshot a headshot

mollyfrank1
158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 2019
So enemy head only showing. Bang right between eyes. Damage just a few points. WTH?

Comments

• Mr_Paka
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They used to say that was because you hit a hand or something, but they were supposed to have fixed that so you get damage for the larger of the multipliers.

But I've definently noticed that one.
  • fisknyllet17
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mr_Paka wrote: »
    They used to say that was because you hit a hand or something, but they were supposed to have fixed that so you get damage for the larger of the multipliers.

But I've definently noticed that one.
    Yup. Has happened to me too.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So enemy head only showing. Bang right between eyes. Damage just a few points. WTH?

yeah i posted a clip of me hitting a guy in the head with a tank shell for 40 damage, only in battlefield :(
  • The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

probably shot through the cover. that massively decreases damage....
  • mollyfrank1
    again today 2 headshots from a 45 calibre hand gun no kill
  • The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    again today 2 headshots from a 45 calibre hand gun no kill

Well yeah if you aren't directly in the enemies face then this is intentional....
  • mollyfrank1
    huh??
  • The_BERG_366
    huh??

what huh? m1911 has min damage of less than 20...
  • fisknyllet17
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This exchange made my morning. Thank you.
  • whiteboyRikk
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If it's not a sniper rifle chances are you're going to need more then one headshot to kill someone...
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

there is something odd going on with the game....
    Arrass domination behind chuch next to the ammo box.... i was on one side fo the wall guy was on the other side... by default you can only seechest and head .... 15 bullets later with defo 2 headshots he is still running
  • WetFishDB
    2329 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Arrass domination behind chuch next to the ammo box.... i was on one side fo the wall guy was on the other side... by default you can only seechest and head .... 15 bullets later with defo 2 headshots he is still running

I'm going with poor aim, because without video to assess that's frankly the most likely cause
  • Leetch002_mtdrh
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A head shot is a head shot when it hits me.
  • mollyfrank1
    man wish I knew everything like some of the experts who have an explanation for everything. Dice stooges
  • mollyfrank1
    huh??

what huh? m1911 has min damage of less than 20... so why do I constantly get killed by one pistol shot?

• mollyfrank1
    WetFishDB said:

I'm going with poor aim, because without video to assess that's frankly the most likely cause.  yeh yeh dice stooge

• The_BERG_366
    edited April 2019
    man wish I knew everything like some of the experts who have an explanation for everything. Dice stooges

I apologise for actually knowing some stuff such as damage models that enables me to conclude that two headshots aren't always a kill using an m1911. in fact the critical range were this starts to happen is rather small.
    I guess I'll have to forget the facts and just argue based on my feelings. would you appreciate that?

also you don't get one shot... maybe it feels like you do due to poor hit indication or damage stacking but your are not actually getting one-shot (unless you are on low health or getting headshoted in cqb with a revolver of course)
  • ElliotLH
    9554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I apologise for actually knowing some stuff such as damage models that enables me to conclude that two headshots aren't always a kill using an m1911. in fact the critical range were this starts to happen is rather small.
    I guess I'll have to forget the facts and just argue based on my feelings. would you appreciate that?

also you don't get one shot... maybe it feels like you do due to poor hit indication or damage stacking but your are not actually getting one-shot (unless you are on low health or getting headshoted in cqb with a revolver of course)
    There's no point Berg as they just want to moan. I even tried to suggest that they record video so they have something to back up their claims and their first response was "don't know how but I know what I see" and when I pointed out that they'd been told how to use the DVR in the past, and re-supplied the Sony FAQ link, their response changed to "can't be bothered".
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    a headshot is a headshot when it kills. at least that's been my experience. it may have changed in recent updates but AFAIK assignments only count headshot that kill
  • JD220357
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OK, so I know this is only a game and not real life, but shouldn't being shot in the face/head kill you instantly?
    Where "in the real world" would that not be the case? Where or what is the logic in it NOT doing so.
    On the crosshair feedback the colour changes when a headshot is made, hence a positive headshot is recorded
    yet, the enemy does not always 'die' but takes some 'damage' - ludicrous IMO.
    Understandably, a body-shot may hit 'armour' or not directlty kill someone, but when you shoot someone
    IN THE FACE they should 'die', right? Or am I on a different planet to anyone else?