Bang shot through a wall

mollyfrank1
158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Anyone else having the issue of constantly being shot through walls?

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You really need to start including video with your posts.
  • maskedocelot
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see lots of people saying they feel they're being shot through/round walls, but I've never felt that I've been, so I'm really confused about what people actually mean. Thought maybe it was a PC specific thing coz of hackers, or just lag.

There have been some weird blocking instances though, lying next to the tree on E arras conquest my shots have gone through the side of the tree, and a rock on hamada between A and the last objectives didn't block my shots as I turned shooting at someone. Also there was a trench u can dig by a bridge on breakthrough twisted steel that had too much blocking on 1 side and stopped bullets way higher than the trench wall.

Only other thing I thought it might be was people running behind cover and looking at where they fell instead of where they got shot.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep dying behind cover is a lag compensation issue
  • mollyfrank1
    ElliotLH wrote: »

don't know how but I know what I see.
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Go to sharing settings>set to between 3 and 1 minuet.

When a moment happens worth keeping. In your case outta position i mean getting killed through walls hit share. Wait for square to light up and press. Last 3 minuets saved.

Then go to youtube and create a free account. Go back to ps4 and link accounts. Also can use twitter, fb, ect.

To post go to capture library. Clip to whatever length desired. Press share>hit to your youtube>label it and share and presto everyone will be able to explain or see what happened.
  • ElliotLH
    9554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I've given you a link to the Sony guide before. But here it is again: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Save-and-Share-PS4-Gameplay-Videos?language=en_US
  • 3DDDevil
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

My example of being killed behind cover.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    3DDDevil wrote: »

My example of being killed behind cover.

Your having network issues identified by the icon on the right hand side of screen
  • 3DDDevil
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My ping is around 50 most of the time. But ping shouldn't be an issue in this instance. I am lying behind cover. Not moving and got head shot? WTF?
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also... I havent seen the video... But y´all well aware that BFV have implemented a mechanic in-game where you get shot throug walls when hiding in sheds, fences and such...
  • mollyfrank1

I've given you a link to the Sony guide before. But here it is again: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Save-and-Share-PS4-Gameplay-Videos?language=en_US

can't be bothered. I've seen enough of others to know something stinks.
  • mollyfrank1
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    Also... I havent seen the video... But y´all well aware that BFV have implemented a mechanic in-game where you get shot throug walls when hiding in sheds, fences and such...

I thought as much but not through steel and concrete
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

So instead of maybe finding out definitivly what is occuring we'll just blame the game. Gotcha.
  • ElliotLH

Or more likely you don't want people pointing out what you're doing wrong or explaining why something happened. It's always easier to moan without needing to back up your complaints, isn't it?
  • ackers75
    My ping is around 50 most of the time. But ping shouldn't be an issue in this instance. I am lying behind cover. Not moving and got head shot? WTF?

The symbol means you have moderate latency variation.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

latency has nothing to do with what is represented in the video. he is behind cover even with 300ping he is still behind cover NOT MOVING hence why it doesnt matter

and yes that video does highlight an issue
    I have 1 suspicion.... in some cases where you are far enough to have objects not poping into the view. the enemy may have been able to see you through the wall that wasnt drawn for him and on his server side
  • WetFishDB
    2329 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

latency has nothing to do with what is represented in the video. he is behind cover even with 300ping he is still behind cover NOT MOVING hence why it doesnt matter

I have 1 suspicion.... in some cases where you are far enough to have objects not poping into the view. the enemy may have been able to see you through the wall that wasnt drawn for him and on his server side

Just no. Draw distance is entirely different thing. It doesn't matter if it's drawn on their screen. All hit claims are sent to a server where it stimulates the bullet based on where everyone was. If it registered a hit, the enemy pretty much got him fair and square.
  • Daytonaflyer
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, I just got the shot through a wall yesterday. There was a guy hiding in a wooden shed, I opened up the door and ducked around the side, and he killed me with a pistol. I could actually see the bullets coming through the boards of the shed.
    It seems like whenever I'm getting shot, I'm guaranteed to die if I run around the corner of a building.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Just no. Draw distance is entirely different thing. It doesn't matter if it's drawn on their screen. All hit claims are sent to a server where it stimulates the bullet based on where everyone was. If it registered a hit, the enemy pretty much got him fair and square.

Not sure but I could literally see enemies go past the building

https://ibb.co/m6ZRhzD
    https://ibb.co/b5PTjFk
  • MatthewSkeet
    WetFishDB wrote: »

ok here is an example... of what I actually experienced myself...

I can see a guy running across the map (around 1-2cm above my croshair)
    IMG-20190402-214135-1.jpg
    If i was in a tank I would literally just shoot a shell at him and I bet I would get a hit

however, upon zooming this is what happens
    IMG-20190402-214132-1.jpg