Battlefield 5 vs Battlefield 4

xHonest_Abe
186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Back in the year when Battlefield 4 first came out, players would go online early in the evening to have a spot on their favorite server. Back then, many of the players played on the same server and no matter which side you were on it was like a big family. Playing the locker or subway maps, there was always players waiting to get on well run servers. Cheaters and players disrupting the game were quickly eliminated by real admins on the server. Many Battlefield 4 servers repeated the same good maps over and over, and many players could not get enough of it.
I was expecting the same excitement when Battlefield 1 first came out, but things had change. It was not until Battlefield 5 I realized we would never go back to the fun days when players knew each other and liked the same maps. Sad :'( Many of the popular servers had forums that members and players kept in touch, nothing like now, were everything is generalized.
Running some of the current maps 24/7 ( such as Rotterdam, Devastation) on Battlefield 5 would bring back some of the fun. Restoring the player clan owned servers would really draw players back. I guess real fun does not fit in the business model now, but it was fun back then.

Comments

• Psychloan
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's like they've taken a page out of the Apple play book. We are told what we want, what to like and when to like it. Everything is "working as intended" and if something is not right "you're holding it wrong".
    Whoever ran the BF4 servers really knew what the community wanted which is why some were constantly full. Hell even 24/7 Metro servers were full even though it's one of the most polarizing love/hate map. If there was a specific server rule (eg: no explosives) then you were told once when you joined or used it the 1st time then everyone followed the rule and had a great time. Someone cheating? Insta-ban. I even saw quite a few ppl get kicked not for cheating, but for "not playing in the spirit of BF".
    There is no map in BF5 I want to play over and over.
  • TFBisquit
    1915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's because rounds are short and filled with randoms. I had some good rounds in rush, a mode I never really liked before. Even the panzerstorm week was fun eventually. Playing the same map over and over gives it a different feel. Especially since you play with like-minded players. Eventually no one quits before the round ends. And you really get the flow of a map if it's 24/7.
  • jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Psychloan wrote: »
    It's like they've taken a page out of the Apple play book. We are told what we want, what to like and when to like it. Everything is "working as intended" and if something is not right "you're holding it wrong".
    Whoever ran the BF4 servers really knew what the community wanted which is why some were constantly full. Hell even 24/7 Metro servers were full even though it's one of the most polarizing love/hate map. If there was a specific server rule (eg: no explosives) then you were told once when you joined or used it the 1st time then everyone followed the rule and had a great time. Someone cheating? Insta-ban. I even saw quite a few ppl get kicked not for cheating, but for "not playing in the spirit of BF".
    There is no map in BF5 I want to play over and over.

yeah, use to love metro as it was pushing team-play to the limits ...so gave it a shout recently on some German server and ...oh boy, all what I've experienced was cheatfest, was headshoted from the end of the tunnel when in US spawn through the smoke and flares. Ok, once it can be luck but several times? plus some other funny things like sniped down from LMG. When called a cheat, was told by one of guys playing with tag same as the server that if I dont like, can always leave ...what a spirit
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pimpuk wrote: »
    them days are well and truly over dude , bf1 and bf5 have killed what was left of the community ,its getting harder and harder to turn the pc on and give my time up for this

I with YA bro, been using more of linsuks. Seems playing those 2d dukenukeem games seem better developed
  • -aarp-19Crib
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was good because it was pretty fair, had better ways to flank, and had private servers where rules were enforced. Cheats, hacks, etc. Those guys were kicked or banned or both. You knew the mod's did their best to keep them out. I really don't think EA cares.
    BF4 was the peak of the BF series, BF1 substituted eye candy and special effects to cover lack of creativity.
    BF1 is OK, and if they could get their credibility back in anti cheat, that would help a lot. People don't sign up to have a lousy time.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV was the final stab that killed console gaming for me. I quit console gaming for many reasons but what finally pushed me over the edge was BFV. The netcode, lag, garbage server refresh rates, garbage controls, cardboard graphics etc...

Yes, I know once I get my PC I'll have to contend with PC issues like hackers. But atleast I don't have to go through being an FPS gamer and RTS gamer stuck on the console platform that sucks the life out of gamers who enjoy these genres. I'm actually looking forward to doing a little BF4 on PC, I had quit BF4 on console because the graphics really aged there, but on PC they look like a good upgrade over console BF4.

Can't wait to get back into RTS games too, any recommendations? Tropico 6 looks good.
  • xKusagamix
    1067 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was good because it was pretty fair, had better ways to flank, and had private servers where rules were enforced. Cheats, hacks, etc. Those guys were kicked or banned or both. You knew the mod's did their best to keep them out. I really don't think EA cares.
    BF4 was the peak of the BF series, BF1 substituted eye candy and special effects to cover lack of creativity.
    BF1 is OK, and if they could get their credibility back in anti cheat, that would help a lot. People don't sign up to have a lousy time.
    BF1 lack creativity? Literally the only "creativity" in BF4 compare to BF3 is "Levolution"
  • sKuDz
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Back in the year when Battlefield 4 first came out, players would go online early in the evening to have a spot on their favorite server. Back then, many of the players played on the same server and no matter which side you were on it was like a big family. Playing the locker or subway maps, there was always players waiting to get on well run servers. Cheaters and players disrupting the game were quickly eliminated by real admins on the server. Many Battlefield 4 servers repeated the same good maps over and over, and many players could not get enough of it.
    I was expecting the same excitement when Battlefield 1 first came out, but things had change. It was not until Battlefield 5 I realized we would never go back to the fun days when players knew each other and liked the same maps. Sad :'( Many of the popular servers had forums that members and players kept in touch, nothing like now, were everything is generalized.
    Running some of the current maps 24/7 ( such as Rotterdam, Devastation) on Battlefield 5 would bring back some of the fun. Restoring the player clan owned servers would really draw players back. I guess real fun does not fit in the business model now, but it was fun back then.

• sKuDz
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Me and my old clan mates were saying the same just a week ago, so we decided to do something about it, we have started a new clan, I have built a website with a forum and online chat, once we have 10 or more members we will get our own server, it will be admin run effectively and hackers and mods will be ejected and banned, look us up and bring your mates with you, BF4 still has lots to offer and many of us feel the same way.

https://otbrave.wixsite.com/clan-otb

• xHonest_Abe
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Back in the Battlefield 4 days when it first came out, I was known as Sgt_Perfect and spent a lot of time at the Metro map. I never reached above the k/d of 0.80, but it was still extremely fun, supervised by the admin that kept the games from chaos unlike we have today. Admins were senior gaming clan members. Some times I wish that EA give up on exploring new ideas and go to updating the proven Battlefield 4 maps/gaming clan ownership instead trying to create a Battlefield 6. Like the drink "Mountain Dew" when they took the sugar out of it. It just did not taste right anymore. To satisfied the tasted they created later a "Throw Back Mountain Dew" and added the sugar back to the drink which satisfied everyone again. EA should follow the "Mountain Dew" business model and bring their customers back to the PC.
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In a nutshell

BF4 > BF5
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Also

BF4 > ( BF1 + BF5 ) ^ 10.

I have wrote a lot of times , this 

+1 OP
  • CSO7777
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    Going back playing BF4 also show a lot of problems. Things like movement (getting stuck etc), netcode/TTD is as bad as or even worse than BFV, audio is as bad as BFV (footsteps etc), spawning is awful, tanks are overpowered on many maps, Little Bird, badly balanced gadgets, a lot of forgettable DLC-maps, thermal-optics, minimap-spotting, "dorito-shooting" etc.

It was a good game, its age is showing at this point and it really wasn't without flaws.

But BF4 was more fun than BFV and that is perhaps the thing that is missing most from BFV - fun.
  • Matty101yttam
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    CSO7777 said:
    Going back playing BF4 also show a lot of problems. Things like movement (getting stuck etc), netcode/TTD is as bad as or even worse than BFV, audio is as bad as BFV (footsteps etc), spawning is awful, tanks are overpowered on many maps, Little Bird, badly balanced gadgets, a lot of forgettable DLC-maps, thermal-optics, minimap-spotting, "dorito-shooting" etc.

It was a good game, its age is showing at this point and it really wasn't without flaws.

But BF4 was more fun than BFV and that is perhaps the thing that is missing most from BFV - fun.
    I have much more issues getting stuck in bfv than bf4, bf4 there was a couple of spots that i knew had problems, bfv it seems like there's problems anywhere, especially around rocky areas which there's so much of like under 'b' bridge in arras, i ALWAYS get snagged on those things, i hate that area so much.
  • SirBobdk
    4683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unlike BF4, BFV has become a game for the anonymous who play on anonymous servers without the ability to handle cheaters, balance and gameplay. A game that no longer has a community.
    In the past, it was possible to set up servers to meet different needs and people met and played together on these servers and knew each other.
    Vehicle play was way better, especially planes, but also the map design and game play. There were many ways to have fun and not just run headless around in circles and get kills.
    Now its more about assignments, weird upgrade trees, XP and skins. As if gameplay has a low priority. People are different and want to play in different ways, but BFV only offer one way of playing. The boring way.
    There was something for everyone in BF4, which is the biggest difference imo.
  • xHonest_Abe
    SirBobdk said:
    Unlike BF4, BFV has become a game for the anonymous who play on anonymous servers without the ability to handle cheaters, balance and gameplay. A game that no longer has a community.
    Anonymous, yes that was when the game started to go down hill when Battlefield 1 was introduced. On the old Battlefield 4 server we would see some of the pro's come online on the server in the afternoon/evening (back then pro's had hundreds of hours of playing time on BF4, no frequent player name change, well known skills, and respected) so the admin would place them on a weak team. Back then you could see a balance server within minutes by doing this. The admin knew the capabilities of member players over time. I can remember three players from South America that played on our server a lot. At the beginning some thought they were cheats being so far away and by always having very good scores. But over a few weeks playing on our server, and checking stats and time played, they were very good players. The gaming clan really appreciated them when they showed up and help balance the server. Players back then had a name and reputation to keep clean back in BF4 days in order from being ban from the good gaming clan servers.
  • CSO7777
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    CSO7777 said:

I have much more issues getting stuck in bfv than bf4, bf4 there was a couple of spots that i knew had problems, bfv it seems like there's problems anywhere, especially around rocky areas which there's so much of like under 'b' bridge in arras, i ALWAYS get snagged on those things, i hate that area so much.
    I agree on the movement issues in BFV, the maps has too much "clutter" (that blocks movement) and some of the things you think you can use for cover, are too close other objects, that block your movement or makes it impossible to crouch/go prone(terrain, "immersive objects" etc). But the movement in BF4 is very restricted compared to the movement in BFV. When playing BF4 now, the movement seems too simple compared to BFV (vaulting etc).

The maps in BF4 are less "cluttered" and are more polished in general.

Perhaps BFVs biggest problem is that the game is not very polished. At least now most things in the game "works" (after more than a year of patches), but the quality is in general lower than BF4 is/was. It seems like Dice has pushed Frostbite beyond its capabilities and this just makes everything a little bit 'off' somehow.
  • SnoopTrooper187
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    Ive been playing Battlefield since it came out long time ago. I had a blast. Played on what ever server was almost full.
    Problem I have Now when I play BF4 is CONQUEST mode sucks. I dont enjoy the whole team so spread out.
    Since BF1 the Operations and Breakthru in BFV is where its at. Such a better mode with a better objective then running in circles capturing the same flag.
    Then the extras in BF1 from train, airship to supertank made Battlefield so much more enjoying.
    I see the newer Battlefields as more intense with bombs dropping to artillery to a complete action packed massive multiplayer game.

Problem is these darn updates and bugs. Netcode is off  ttk not to good or ttd. Balancing isnt good either which makes for bad games.
    The close games in BF1 and BFV are amazing if your lucky to find one.

Bring back servers you can control and for the love of god fix Grand operations like operations in BF1 and dont get rid of Breakthru and do as you wish with Conquest as most players play for some ungod reason. Slow and Boring

• SnoopTrooper187
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Anonymous, yes that was when the game started to go down hill when Battlefield 1 was introduced. On the old Battlefield 4 server we would see some of the pro's come online on the server in the afternoon/evening (back then pro's had hundreds of hours of playing time on BF4, no frequent player name change, well known skills, and respected) so the admin would place them on a weak team. Back then you could see a balance server within minutes by doing this. The admin knew the capabilities of member players over time. I can remember three players from South America that played on our server a lot. At the beginning some thought they were cheats being so far away and by always having very good scores. But over a few weeks playing on our server, and checking stats and time played, they were very good players. The gaming clan really appreciated them when they showed up and help balance the server. Players back then had a name and reputation to keep clean back in BF4 days in order from being ban from the good gaming clan servers.

all good points, Bring back these types of servers again Dice