Weapons in game files?

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I know there are quite a few weapons already in the game files, but I was wondering what the deal is with them.

I've seen mentions on here and on other sites about people using the Chauchat, Commando Carbine, Astra 900 etc. already in BFV multiplayer. Is there a way to get these weapons that I haven't found yet?

Comments

• crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know there are quite a few weapons already in the game files, but I was wondering what the deal is with them.

I've seen mentions on here and on other sites about people using the Chauchat, Commando Carbine, Astra 900 etc. already in BFV multiplayer. Is there a way to get these weapons that I haven't found yet?

Some are done ready to go (sterling, stinger, Lanchester, Welgun, enfield, Madsen, Sjorgen etc), some are still being working on such as the models and textures to spec trees and fine tuning the stats.

Chauchat was awarded to some players (Im still not sure how; what I heard was fully complete the singleplayer on hardcore and do every challenge and find every letter and you'd get a Chauchat proficiency assignment so you would contact support cos you can't do it and they'd set you up with it) able to use it in mp, rank it up and everything before Dice recently removed it from them.

Commando Carbine is new medic weapon we will get week 4 of this Chapter so in 3 weeks time. If the Astra 900 is the gun I'm thinking of its the lmg we are getting week 5 of this chapter. Week 6 is a cut down carcano with grenade launcher for medic; no idea if it'll be a bolt action carbine with GL or just a GL.

• M_Rat13
    1501 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

Some are done ready to go (sterling, stinger, Lanchester, Welgun, enfield, Madsen, Sjorgen etc), some are still being working on such as the models and textures to spec trees and fine tuning the stats.

Chauchat was awarded to some players (Im still not sure how; what I heard was fully complete the singleplayer on hardcore and do every challenge and find every letter and you'd get a Chauchat proficiency assignment so you would contact support cos you can't do it and they'd set you up with it) able to use it in mp, rank it up and everything before Dice recently removed it from them.

Commando Carbine is new medic weapon we will get week 4 of this Chapter so in 3 weeks time. If the Astra 900 is the gun I'm thinking of its the lmg we are getting week 5 of this chapter. Week 6 is a cut down carcano with grenade launcher for medic; no idea if it'll be a bolt action carbine with GL or just a GL.

Where'd you find this information?
  • bran1986
    5898 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Medic
    Patchett smg
    Lanchester Smg
    Welgun
    Beretta model 38
    DeLisle Carbine
    Trombonico m38 carbine

Assault
    M2 Carbine
    Breda PG

Support
    Chauchat
    Madsen
    M1919a6
    MG30
    Lahti-Saloranta m26
    Sjogren shotgun

Scout
    M1917 Enfield

Unknown pistol carbines
    C96 Carbine
    Luger Artillery
    Mle 1903 extended

Unknown machine pistols
    Astra Model 903
    Frommer Stop Auto
    M1912 machine pistol

Pistols
    Welrod
    Ppk
    Model 27 revolver

Melee weapons
    French nail
    Fairbairn Sykes
    Lever pipe
    EGW survival knife
    Fallskirmjaeger switchblade
    M2 paratrooper switchblade
    Saber
    US trench knife
    Arditi dagger
    Scout knife
    Russian combat knife
    Folding shovel
    Barbed wire baseball bat
    French hunting knife
    Quartermaster knife
    Machete

There is also a bunch of gadgets including the bazooka, goliath mines, breach charges, knee mortar, and antI tank rifles. This is all from the guy that data mined Firestorm before it came out.
    Post edited by bran1986 on
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

All I could find on the Astra 900 is that it's a Spanish semi auto pistol.

At least the Madsen is mean't to be on it's way, we really need some new LMG's
  • bran1986
    5898 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Astra 903 is a Spanish machine pistol. The Chauchat was given as a bug to some but it was also given away by EA support. Someone called and said the Chauchat was missing from their game, EA support then put the gun in their armory :lol:
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

All I could find on the Astra 900 is that it's a Spanish semi auto pistol.

At least the Madsen is mean't to be on it's way, we really need some new LMG's

You would be correct; the lmg we are getting in week 5 is the m26 that bran listed above
  • crabman169
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

Where'd you find this information?

I've seen the sterling, stinger and Madsen in a Dev's armoury as he was collecting his dice camos for his weapons. Madsen, Welgun and Sjorgen are in gameplay trailers pre-launch. Enfield and Lanchester had there dogtags in the dog tags list (as well as Madsen, Welgun, Sterling) and previously any new dog tag weapons were added that chapter; right now only the Enfield is still there the others have been removed.

I read about the chauchat on the bfv FB group.

On the EA website about chapter 3 it details rewards up to week 6 with the remaining 6 to be revealed
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • bran1986
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The stats are crap on it. It is a 2HK up to 30m and 30 up to 75m. OHSK up to 30m. Bullet velocity is around 320 m/s. It is most comparable to a slow firing slug shotgun, or a really slow firing SLR with really crappy velocity. Or the Mare's leg from BF4, but suppressed and not a sidearm.. Medica range is not really increased with this weapon, it is a CQ only weapon, and a meme at that. I would suggest running it along side the Liberator for the highest meme potential. I am sure Drunkkz3 will post a video of a nice killstreak on Twitter though.
    It is definitely a crap weapon but it will be frustrating to die from it, similar to the Revolver or CQ BAs.
  • mf_shro0m
    2312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    PvtJohnTowle said:

bran1986 wrote: »

PvtJohnTowle wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b9aa5f/medics_rejoice_you_got_the_best_sniper_rifle_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

The gun is awful.

Have you used it?

The stats are crap on it. It is a 2HK up to 30m and 30 up to 75m. OHSK up to 30m. Bullet velocity is around 320 m/s. It is most comparable to a slow firing slug shotgun, or a really slow firing SLR with really crappy velocity. Or the Mare's leg from BF4, but suppressed and not a sidearm.. Medica range is not really increased with this weapon, it is a CQ only weapon, and a meme at that. I would suggest running it along side the Liberator for the highest meme potential. I am sure Drunkkz3 will post a video of a nice killstreak on Twitter though.It is definitely a crap weapon but it will be frustrating to die from it, similar to the Revolver or CQ BAs.

Yeh lol I can’t wait for stodeh to put out a video of him using it but for 99.99999% of the community it’s gonna be a meme
  • PvtJohnTowle
    VincentNZ said:
    The stats are crap on it. It is a 2HK up to 30m and 30 up to 75m. OHSK up to 30m. Bullet velocity is around 320 m/s. It is most comparable to a slow firing slug shotgun, or a really slow firing SLR with really crappy velocity. Or the Mare's leg from BF4, but suppressed and not a sidearm.. Medica range is not really increased with this weapon, it is a CQ only weapon, and a meme at that. I would suggest running it along side the Liberator for the highest meme potential. I am sure Drunkkz3 will post a video of a nice killstreak on Twitter though.
    It is definitely a crap weapon but it will be frustrating to die from it, similar to the Revolver or CQ BAs.

I guess that is a NO. 
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

I guess that is a NO. 

Well, naturally. It is not relevant though. The stats are out there, it is worse in CQ than the Slug shotguns, and worse at range than SLRs. It does have similar stats to the Mare's Leg (although ROF is higher on the DeLisle), and that was a sidearm in a game that had similar TTK. So, when we extrapolate performance from the stats alone, we can rather accurately judge the performance that it will have in-game.
    This is not an issue, of: "I simply do better with the STG44 than with the 1-5, although the stats are worse." It is a weapon that is drastically different, than what the medic has so far, while being inferior to the weapons that the DeLisle can be compared with, the SLRs and the slug shotguns. The only standalone feature is the suppressor, which is a bonus that is hard to measure, but also a drawback since it drops bullet velocity below 360 m/s which is a hindrance in many firefights.
  • VOLBANKER
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Speaking of the Liberator, I have hit the target with 100% of my bullets with it! :D