Who's still ignoring Firestorm?

13»

Comments

• LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally, I don't enjoy the mode. I enjoy the BF moments(especially 64 player), when it seems everyone is in one spot and all hell is breaking loose. My concern is, watching TBM for example, his numbers when playing BF is down to around 600. Days he plays Firestorm is over 1000. I know it might be the newness of the game, but I hope it isn't a sign of the future for BF gaming. I mean if more people want to watch 10 minutes of walking around and a few skirmishes, as opposed to big battles, makes me wonder.
  • The_BERG_366
    2766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The time EA invested in this mode would have been better spent fixing glaring issues with the game and providing more content.

so the time to produce more content should have been used to preduce more content.... amazing! :joy:
  • -Antares65z
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The time EA invested in this mode would have been better spent fixing glaring issues with the game and providing more content.

so the time to produce more content should have been used to preduce more content.... amazing! :joy:

You're getting a half-baked game because they're spreading their resources too thin in trying to provide variety instead of QUALITY. The last thing BF needs is yet another game mode that further divides the community.
  • The_BERG_366
    2766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You're getting a half-baked game because they're spreading their resources too thin in trying to provide variety instead of QUALITY. The last thing BF needs is yet another game mode that further divides the community.

so you ask for more content but at the same time claim that they provide too much variety at the cost of quality of content. you should make up your mind. by your own logic you should either ask for better quality or for more content, not both.
    regardless your argument is flawed anyways. less content does mean less dividing of the community but it also means less of a community in the first place. is it worth to sacrifice 10000 people by limiting variety to get 6000 more across the remaining gamemodes? (these are arbitrary numbers for illustration purposes only). I think not. people keep talking about splitting up the community but I personally never had issue regarding any gamemode (except for the ones that were exclusive to paid dlc but that of course is another topic) in any previous bf games. i could find any gamemode I wanted at any time. what is the benefit of having a few more players around at average? none. what is the benefit of having a larger playerbase? Well I don't think I have to explain this one.

some more annectodal evidence: I'm in fact one of these players that stoped playing due to lack of gamemodes alongside a few other reasons. the other day I went back feeling like sniping a few rounds. taking a look at the gamemodes I didn't feel like playing any of them.
    - cq, ops, breakthrough: randomness or mindless kill farming.
    - tdm: gets boring quickly
    - domination: although a good mode in general not really good for sniping.
    - frontlines: suitable for sniping and also fun for a round or two... but that stops as soon as hamada comes up at the latest..
    - limited time gamemodes: best modes in bfv but they are limited time in a desperate attempt to force players that enjoy them to play their trash vanilla modes... its depressing...
    the only reason I came back to this game was in fact firestorm and I'm not the only one. I see a lot of players play firestorm that didn't play bfv at all before. so glad it's something enjoyable that isn't limited time...
  • craign82
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fanbase of this game are shocking!!!

"I'm going to ignore Firestorm but spend all my time on the forums moaning about it"

Unlucky, helmets!

• shallowtech
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Me
    Why? Battle Field is a one of the best games on Xbox! The Firestorm game type only adds to the fun. It seems very well balanced from the start and I am sure we will be seeing all types of improvements and content.
  • shallowtech
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    never gonna play this thing! i am disappointed cuz DICE wasted time and recources about Firestorm instead to give us more maps.
    More maps are coming and it was a different development team that worked on this. Plus you are not the only person playing this game! It is amazing to me how entitled the younger generation feels!

• -Antares65z
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019

so you ask for more content but at the same time claim that they provide too much variety at the cost of quality of content. you should make up your mind. by your own logic you should either ask for better quality or for more content, not both.

I want more content as in more maps. BF1 had a total of 29 Conquest maps.  I don't need more game modes. I want a more polished game. Both of these would happen if they weren't busy making more game modes that will be dead in a few weeks. How about five game modes?  Conquest, Operations, Frontlines, Back to Basics and TDM (for those who just want to run around and shoot people). 
  • The_BERG_366
    The_BERG_366 said:

I want more content as in more maps. BF1 had a total of 29 Conquest maps.  I don't need more game modes. I want a more polished game. Both of these would happen if they weren't busy making more game modes that will be dead in a few weeks. How about five game modes?  Conquest, Operations, Frontlines, Back to Basics and TDM (for those who just want to run around and shoot people). 

ok so it's actually not about quality over quantity it's just about you wanting to have recourses assigned to generate content that you like exclusively and put everything else into quality improvements.... well that's very narrow minded to say the least.
    also funny how you claim that the new gamemodes die... both rush and squad conquest were incredibly successful. the only reason why you can't play them anymore is because dice closed them down. again a lot of players had fun with them... claiming that they are useless investment of recourses just because they don't provide value to you directly is again very narrow minded.

just by that u lose a big part of the community. what do u think will happen to the players that grind domination on a daily basis working on their skill? (not specifically in bfv... bfv has other issues... but in an average modern day bf title)
    do you think they will go and play conquest? nope... they quit the game and go play cod, rb6 or whatever it may be. clearly u want to cater to a very specific player type as 3 gamemodes (conquest, operations, back to basic) cater to the very same player type. those will get their variety but everyone else will get one mode or none that they enjoy.
    people keep acting like bf is all about that 64 man player experience while in reality the modern day bf defining title (bf3) features no more than 24 player servers for the majority of the community (console players). furtherly bf3 seemed to be designed with rush in mind as well but somewhere along the way rush got forgotten and now we're stuck with meatgrinder modes like operations that should somehow replace it. almost everyone agrees that bf3 was a lot of fun to play (maybe even most fun they had with a bf game) and this without any of the 64 man "epicness" that people claim is what makes bf bf. the previous philosophy got pushed back by the intention to do marketing based on the idea of "epic battles", "immersion", "the total war experience"... whatever the keywords may be (designed to sell the game... not to play it - as some memes say). however most of the community of bf3 and to an extent also bf4 didnt care about these things too much and hence many dedicated players were lost and all that was gained was a buch of new players thst play the game every week or two (now I don't say that there's anythin wrong with playing only every now and then... I'm just saying such players don't hold the same value to the community as rather dedicated ones and hence also to the game itself). and now we're here with insane player number drops shortly after release (unsurprisingly) and you ask for more of the same philosophy that pushed the franchise to have such low player return numbers based on the argument that we should not split the community. do you see where I'm going? if we didn't have this kind of limited design in the first place there would be even less of an issue regarding "splitting the community".
  • EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Whats firestorm??

lol jkjk
  • UKh2o
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they cannot fix the ping or search setting to be able to play a game with under 3 digit pings then I'll be ignoring this game for a while
  • BamBam011
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's a great change of pace and will be playing more.
  • ThePro_PR
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Me, sort of.

I havent really played BR games before. I have tried some for 2-3 rounds but I just havent enjoyed them. Same with BFV:F.

It can be fun mode with the right people, but this is my big issue with FireStorm and I guess most BR games. Im always matched with noobs that are horrible at the game and/or with people that dont communicate at all. Also people leave before the match starts and then Im stuck in a 1-2 man squad vs full 4 man squads. out of the maybe 30-40? matches I have played I have, at the most enjoyed 5. I doubt this will change so Im going back to normal BF modes. I hope this mode dies.
  • The_BERG_366
    ThePro_PR wrote: »
    Me, sort of.

I havent really played BR games before. I have tried some for 2-3 rounds but I just havent enjoyed them. Same with BFV:F.

It can be fun mode with the right people, but this is my big issue with FireStorm and I guess most BR games. Im always matched with noobs that are horrible at the game and/or with people that dont communicate at all. Also people leave before the match starts and then Im stuck in a 1-2 man squad vs full 4 man squads. out of the maybe 30-40? matches I have played I have, at the most enjoyed 5. I doubt this will change so Im going back to normal BF modes. I hope this mode dies.

People leave before the match starts, therefore "I hope the mode dies".... ok then :tongue:
    also I'm sure it's always YOU and only YOU who gets the worst team mates ever... the matchmaking algorithm is designed in a way to specifically hurt you :smirk:
  • ThePro_PR
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019

People leave before the match starts, therefore "I hope the mode dies".... ok then :tongue:
    also I'm sure it's always YOU and only YOU who gets the worst team mates ever... the matchmaking algorithm is designed in a way to specifically hurt you :smirk:
    I know its not the games fault. Like I said its an issue with this type of game (this isnt like conquest that you can have quite a few campers or other playing doing their lone wolf thing and still win; in BR games 1-2 players screwing around is a death sentence to the squad ... EVERYONE needs to communicate). The only sure way to really enjoy this is going in with people you know. Trying it out with matchmaking, at last in my experience, doesnt work 90% of the time. The ONLY times I have won this or have been really close to winning is when Im either able to drag some of my friends along to Firestorm OR Im lucky enough to get teamed up with a full squad that uses mics (I know this is impossible but I wish I would only be matched with other players that use mic to communicate ... about the game ... no their personal life and issues  :D)