What BFV is missing that bf1942 used to have

kushmasta421
29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited April 2019
I'm just going to put this right here

I'm sure this thread has been created a million times but since I've been playing this game since its creation I think it's time I complained a bit ABOUT BATTLEFIELD 5. Bf 1942 is fantastic I still play it on the cheap laptop. Look at all the different maps and vehicles add today's graphics guns selections and you'd have the best game ever.

Combined arms and practice range are a waste of space delete that and just add the bots like we used to have that's the best way to practice or play when you're tired. Give us full control. Get busy building maps start pumping them out like crazy that designs are already made you just have to copy that with your new engine. Add maps with naval warfare and landing craft how is this not part of battlefield already. Tank on tank only maps. Air craft carrier launched plane battles.

Why is this game not open to modding on all consoles farming simulator and other games have it. Pretty picture doesn't do anything without content and I can tell you you're loosing customers pumping out half games. Its been a good 17 years I love bf but I'm getting tired of disappointment we might break up soon if you don't get your act together. I expected more from you as time went on not less.
Post edited by kushmasta421 on

Comments

• M_Rat13
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remastered edition maybe? Then us console plebs can access it.
  • JohnyMau
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Man that game was good
  • Noodlesocks
    3382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was such a good game. I was still playing it up until the Gamespy servers shut down.
  • kushmasta421
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Binoculars oh how I miss them when I play bfv

You can still play single player and trust me it's still fun
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Remastered edition maybe? Then us console plebs can access it.

They won't be able to resist screwing with it, and they'll mess it up, both gameplay and immersion wise.
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was such a good game. I was still playing it up until the Gamespy servers shut down.

You can still play, you just need the gamespy mp patch
  • Blackidus
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Yeah I still have this installed as well and play a few rounds with bots now and then.
    And I remembering having a blast with the Battlecraft42 editor as well making maps for the "Silent Heroes" mod. :smiley:

I would love to see a map editor return for the next BF game, even if a simple one like the one in Far Cry 5.
    Even with reduced destructuon on player created maps it would be a great boost of content, and that would even mean free content for Dice if the community could help.

But i´m really mad that my Battlefield 2 disc is to skratched up that it wont work anymore :neutral:
  • kushmasta421
    edited April 2019
    I'd pay $200 to see all the old maps and bf1942 vietnam and bf2 all tied into one game with the newest engine. You can fight on every map but the server master has to choose what era guns and tanks we fight with. That would be a worthwhile game. Give us console peasant's the ability to download mods. Bots so I can be a loner and play by myself.
  • Caramac_D
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Forgotten Hope mod for this game was just....the best. Desert Combat was good too.
  • Redstripe101
    2752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We need dev functions back. allow pc community to create mods like they used to, port the vetted ones to console when appropriate. collect marketing data based on fan created content and interests while supporting the current game. concept and develop next title with your marketing insights and reopen dev functions after your first year or 2 after planned content dump. rinse/repeat
  • tempo_rarity
    1221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My British sniper is on the German airbase periphery in Battle Of Britain - I'm trying like crazy to shoot an Enemy as he runs to a Tank , but he makes it .
    He sends a shell to the hill I'm prone on so I back off , and then I creep up again - uh oh where'd he go?
    He's a foot away from me!! The Tank hits the hill I'm on and just misses squishing me as it rolls by - I stay prone and the curve of the hill saves me from his sight .
    He runs the hill a few times and I'm panic-crawling left and right dodging him but then he gives up and drives back over to the Hangar , stopping - ah good , here's where I wait for him to pop up in that gun turret or run into the building .
    Uh oh , is the tanks barrel pointed at me?
    That same second I ask , he fires , and in the rifle scope I watch the shell from a perfect shot arch towards me .

. . . that BF1942 moment is still as fresh for me as when it happened .
    V is doing an awesome job of supplying me with more .
    :smile:
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13709 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Moved to the appropriate section
  • kushmasta421

You moved it to the wrong section genius this is about bfv don't you read? I feel like I see the problem with here. The thread is basically about adding bots to bfv.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13709 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

You moved it to the wrong section genius this is about bfv don't you read? I feel like I see the problem with here. The thread is basically about adding bots to bfv.
    Um..  nope?

Your thread title = Bf1942

You also threw in a little of both 1942 and BFV,  But since you titled it as 1942,  It went to the other battlefield titles section.

• kushmasta421
    That's a title again read it's a comparison between the two games but the post is about bfv. Who are you to decide what I was saying?

I'm sure this thread has been created a million times but since I've been playing this game since its creation I think it's time I complained a bit. Bf 1942 is fantastic I still play it on the cheap laptop. Look at all the different maps and vehicles add today's graphics guns selections and you'd have the best game ever.

Combined arms and practice range are a waste of space delete that and just add the bots like we used to have that's the best way to practice or play when you're tired. Give us full control. Get busy building maps start pumping them out like crazy that designs are already made you just have to copy that with your new engine. Add maps with naval warfare and landing craft how is this not part of battlefield already. Tank on tank only maps. Air craft carrier launched plane battles.

Why is this game not open to modding on all consoles farming simulator and other games have it. Pretty picture doesn't do anything without content and I can tell you you're loosing customers pumping out half games. Its been a good 17 years I love bf but I'm getting tired of disappointment we might break up soon if you don't get your act together. I expected more from you as time went on not less.

Put it in the right section smarten up buddy.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Thread title = bf1942.
    Op has video of 1942 and is mostly about 1942.

Decision stands and the thread will remain.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    I do agree though,  It would be nice to have a 1942 remaster on the modern frostbite engine :)
  • kushmasta421
    You're missing the point it was supposed to be comparative why did we have these things in bf1942 but not anymore just because there's a video and a title doesn't mean that's what it's about. I'm not looking for a remake or what ever I'm simply asking why elements of bf1942 have been ignored and not added to the newer games. Read the what I said all of it slow down and think dude
  • kushmasta421
    Or I could find a different game to play if you want to just remove and ignore my advice not like you people care look at the garbage you people pump out.
  • KOLONIHAVE-ULVEN
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Caramac_D said:
    Forgotten Hope mod for this game was just....the best. Desert Combat was good too.

Forgotten Hope 2 mod. for Battlefield 2 is still alive and kicking

Latest release a year ago

ATM a campaign hosted by https://cmp-gaming.com/ with custom maps is played every Friday on a 100p server