What BFV is missing that bf1942 used to have

2»

Comments

• kushmasta421
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Caramac_D said:
    Forgotten Hope mod for this game was just....the best. Desert Combat was good too.

Forgotten Hope 2 mod. for Battlefield 2 is still alive and kicking
    Latest release a year ago
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/142213/bf2-ww2-mod-forgotten-hope-2-53-release-trailer#latest

ATM a campaign hosted by https://cmp-gaming.com/ with custom maps is played every Friday on a 100p server

That looks amazing I wish I had a pc
  • Sr_0V3RKILL
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do agree though,  It would be nice to have a 1942 remaster on the modern frostbite engine :)
    oh no please no. the engine is in terrible conditions. I would rather use Crytek or even unreal at this point. But, if they do use that frostbite  fix all the problems first please.
  • SovereignCitizn
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is the likelihood that BFV will come to origin?
    It was my first battlefield game and THE reason why I fell in love with the franchise. I'd literally spend $60 just to buy the game again if it were live with real players like it used to be. 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited December 2019
    @SovereignCitizn
    You mean 1942 dont you?

That was the first release of battlefield,  I believe it is also on origin.

If it's not available to purchase on origin,  you can buy the 1942 complete set for a few bucks and you can activate the key in origin and then origin will handle the launching and the downloading of it.
  • SovereignCitizn
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. 1942 was THE first Battlefield game but BFV was MY first.
    Having played almost all BF titles and having been a fan of the BF series since 2005, BFV is still my favorite BF game. :smile:

LOLGotYerTags said:
    @SovereignCitizn
    You mean 1942 dont you?

That was the first release of battlefield,  I believe it is also on origin.

If it's not available to purchase on origin,  you can buy the 1942 complete set for a few bucks and you can activate the key in origin and then origin will handle the launching and the downloading of it.

• SinCity_24_7
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    I miss playing with bots like in 1942 and BF2. Like OP, I still have 1942 on an old laptop and fire it up once in a while.