What a waste of dev time

«134
Digger_CB
73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Seriously Firestorm is a massive waste of time and funding that could of gone to bug fixing and content this game really needs.

The FS is boring as hell, and servers are incredibly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Comments

  • Blackidus
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Well the people who play Battle Royale games seems to like Firestorm, the only thing that´s bad is the looting system.

    I dont play BR games myself so I propably wont play more than needed for the TOW assignments, but if other people like it, good for them. For me it´s just like any other game-modes I dont play, like Domination. If I dont like it, I wont play it and wont complain about it. If other people like it,I just let them play it.
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's nothing terribly special but it does the nothing terribly special quite well. Looting bodies is bad and needs sorting for sure. The squad mode is fun though and tense.
  • Hawxxeye
    6699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The odd thing is that it was Criterion that was doing Fyrestorm which just makes me wonder what Dice Sweden has been doing all this time.
    Probably they are using 90% of the personnel behind the scenes developing EA Battlefront 3: Livelier Live Service. Meanwhile the other 10% is very slowly making new maps or is throwing beheaded chickens in a game pit and observing where it stops dead for the sake of making balance decisions.
  • SirBobdk
    4671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The odd thing is that it was Criterion that was doing Fyrestorm which just makes me wonder what Dice Sweden has been doing all this time.
    Probably they are using 90% of the personnel behind the scenes developing EA Battlefront 3: Livelier Live Service. Meanwhile the other 10% is very slowly making new maps or is throwing beheaded chickens in a game pit and observing where it stops dead for the sake of making balance decisions.
    I don't think we should expect any special development of BFV. In that case, it would already have been in the current roadmap.
    EA / Dice has seen that the costs do not meet the expected sales in further development.
    They have promised live service, but not promised anything about the level. And it's going to be very low.
    They will only supply enough to keep the game alive until the next release.
  • KPNuts74
    650 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Digger_CB wrote: »
    Seriously Firestorm is a massive waste of time and funding that could of gone to bug fixing and content this game really needs.

    The FS is boring as hell, and servers are incredibly ****.

    It seems to have brought back a buzz to the game. Stop being so negative!
  • Hawxxeye
    6699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The odd thing is that it was Criterion that was doing Fyrestorm which just makes me wonder what Dice Sweden has been doing all this time.
    Probably they are using 90% of the personnel behind the scenes developing EA Battlefront 3: Livelier Live Service. Meanwhile the other 10% is very slowly making new maps or is throwing beheaded chickens in a game pit and observing where it stops dead for the sake of making balance decisions.
    They have promised live service, but not promised anything about the level. And it's going to be very low.
    They will only supply enough to keep the game alive until the next release.

    That's actually the most disappointing part. But guess what separating the community with premium content is somehow worse than whole community without content.
    We seem to forget that they somehow forget to put the microtransactions in the game in spite of the CC being fixed for months now.
    .
    It is their own fault that they do not even put those cosmetics that would theoretically fund more content.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The odd thing is that it was Criterion that was doing Fyrestorm which just makes me wonder what Dice Sweden has been doing all this time.
    Probably they are using 90% of the personnel behind the scenes developing EA Battlefront 3: Livelier Live Service. Meanwhile the other 10% is very slowly making new maps or is throwing beheaded chickens in a game pit and observing where it stops dead for the sake of making balance decisions.
    They have promised live service, but not promised anything about the level. And it's going to be very low.
    They will only supply enough to keep the game alive until the next release.

    That's actually the most disappointing part. But guess what separating the community with premium content is somehow worse than whole community without content.
    We seem to forget that they somehow forget to put the microtransactions in the game in spite of the CC being fixed for months now.
    .
    It is their own fault that they do not even put those cosmetics that would theoretically fund more content.

    Current cosmetic options and variations are dull. And I doubt "premium" customizations can make a big difference. Dice has to learn what f2p games usually offer regarding customization and do it the proper way. As of right now I have 0 reason to pay money for skins.
  • Hawxxeye
    6699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The odd thing is that it was Criterion that was doing Fyrestorm which just makes me wonder what Dice Sweden has been doing all this time.
    Probably they are using 90% of the personnel behind the scenes developing EA Battlefront 3: Livelier Live Service. Meanwhile the other 10% is very slowly making new maps or is throwing beheaded chickens in a game pit and observing where it stops dead for the sake of making balance decisions.
    They have promised live service, but not promised anything about the level. And it's going to be very low.
    They will only supply enough to keep the game alive until the next release.

    That's actually the most disappointing part. But guess what separating the community with premium content is somehow worse than whole community without content.
    We seem to forget that they somehow forget to put the microtransactions in the game in spite of the CC being fixed for months now.
    .
    It is their own fault that they do not even put those cosmetics that would theoretically fund more content.

    Current cosmetic options and variations are dull. And I doubt "premium" customizations can make a big difference. Dice has to learn what f2p games usually offer regarding customization and do it the proper way. As of right now I have 0 reason to pay money for skins.
    Probably you and I do not belong to the target demographic, but there are out there people/whales who will be overcome by crippling OCD if BFV get some really cool premium skins.
    As long as they are just cosmetics and do not look silly but cool instead then I am in support of them going forward with this.
    .
    Personally I would also appreciate if I could pay a small fee to have any new planes at level 4 from the start to save myself 1-2 days of torture
  • SirBobdk
    4671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The odd thing is that it was Criterion that was doing Fyrestorm which just makes me wonder what Dice Sweden has been doing all this time.
    Probably they are using 90% of the personnel behind the scenes developing EA Battlefront 3: Livelier Live Service. Meanwhile the other 10% is very slowly making new maps or is throwing beheaded chickens in a game pit and observing where it stops dead for the sake of making balance decisions.
    They have promised live service, but not promised anything about the level. And it's going to be very low.
    They will only supply enough to keep the game alive until the next release.

    That's actually the most disappointing part. But guess what separating the community with premium content is somehow worse than whole community without content.
    We seem to forget that they somehow forget to put the microtransactions in the game in spite of the CC being fixed for months now.
    .
    It is their own fault that they do not even put those cosmetics that would theoretically fund more content.

    Current cosmetic options and variations are dull. And I doubt "premium" customizations can make a big difference. Dice has to learn what f2p games usually offer regarding customization and do it the proper way. As of right now I have 0 reason to pay money for skins.
    Current customization is a joke and they could have left it out of the game.
    It is clear that this is the first attempt and that they have no experience with this.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest my exact thought when i played Fs was OMG they they wasted all the resources on this lmfao.But then i played a few rounds and its actually ok really just MEH nothing special at all to be honest i would much rather play pubg its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.It does run pretty well but i mean it really is just a load of assets used from the back game and the map itself is very open and boring just as well the fire storm comes in fast otherwise you would get no action at all.But overall its ok runs ok and is something different but really when we think about it,its just another game mode.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The odd thing is that it was Criterion that was doing Fyrestorm which just makes me wonder what Dice Sweden has been doing all this time.
    Probably they are using 90% of the personnel behind the scenes developing EA Battlefront 3: Livelier Live Service. Meanwhile the other 10% is very slowly making new maps or is throwing beheaded chickens in a game pit and observing where it stops dead for the sake of making balance decisions.
    They have promised live service, but not promised anything about the level. And it's going to be very low.
    They will only supply enough to keep the game alive until the next release.

    That's actually the most disappointing part. But guess what separating the community with premium content is somehow worse than whole community without content.
    We seem to forget that they somehow forget to put the microtransactions in the game in spite of the CC being fixed for months now.
    .
    It is their own fault that they do not even put those cosmetics that would theoretically fund more content.

    Current cosmetic options and variations are dull. And I doubt "premium" customizations can make a big difference. Dice has to learn what f2p games usually offer regarding customization and do it the proper way. As of right now I have 0 reason to pay money for skins.
    Probably you and I do not belong to the target demographic, but there are out there people/whales who will be overcome by crippling OCD if BFV get some really cool premium skins.
    As long as they are just cosmetics and do not look silly but cool instead then I am in support of them going forward with this.
    .
    Personally I would also appreciate if I could pay a small fee to have any new planes at level 4 from the start to save myself 1-2 days of torture

    That's kinda true but not completely. The game provides only 4 parts of cosmetics to be equipped and face paint can't be seen most of the time because of dumb gasmasks. Dice should have separated uniforms from other misc stuff such as knives, goggles and so on and move them to different category. If you want to make money of selling cosmetics you have to create lots of them and let people have a good choice. Right now it's just not here.
  • Trokey66
    8737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Digger_CB wrote: »
    Seriously Team Death Match is a massive waste of time and funding that could of gone to bug fixing and content this game really needs.

    The TDM is boring as hell, and servers are incredibly *rude word*.

    Just because you don't like a mode, doesn't mean others feel the same.

    The above is just as relevant to many yet you don't see threads and threads about it.

    This is getting really tiresome.
  • SirBobdk
    4671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The odd thing is that it was Criterion that was doing Fyrestorm which just makes me wonder what Dice Sweden has been doing all this time.

    Building fortifications.
    Hahahahaha
  • Hawxxeye
    6699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Naskoni wrote: »
    I would have preferred 3 standard BF maps in all modes instead of Firestorm.
    The thing is somehow EA decided that BR is a hen laying golden eggs and they wanted not just one but two of them.
    .
    They do not realize that by now the BR market is already saturated so a pay before you play BR like Firestorm will have issues taking off after the novelty wears out.
Sign In or Register to comment.