Weekly Debrief

Finally DICE devs decided to interact with the forum community.

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    5593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    I dont see why the dev's would interact with the community. 90 percent of the people here act like they dont have any sense

Yet they have no problem interacting with the bright minds over at reddit? You know the place where smgs are better at range than assault rifles and scout slrs are better than the assault dmrs and need a heavy nerf....
    Well as I said earlier, even in reddit they will ignore posts they should not like this "https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b43bny/that_ju88c_75mm_nerfdice_do_you_even_know_you/";
    Perhaps they randomly reply based on a random number generator that picks a topic at random for them.
  • olavafar
    1960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Got me too. Though I read it the 2nd so I had my guard down...
  • Hawxxeye
    5593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    Got me too. Though I read it the 2nd so I had my guard down...
    I think I will let it sink now cause April first is probably ending even in the last places on the planet to change date by now.
  • Toxic_CA
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont see why the dev's would interact with the community. 90 percent of the people here act like they dont have any sense

Yet they have no problem interacting with the bright minds over at reddit? You know the place where smgs are better at range than assault rifles and scout slrs are better than the assault dmrs and need a heavy nerf....

I dont like reddit but there's more chance of getting proper feedback over there than over here. People just come here to rage and cry
  • ackers75
    2392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I remember the whole battlefront fiasco on Reddit so I would rather stick pins in my eyes than go on there again!
  • Hawxxeye
    The devs do read the forum. I've had conversations about it.

The reason they don't respond often is because if they make a statement it is then out there as an official response and would give a false impression of priority.
    Someone has to figure out a way to show that an issue has been acknowledged without causing that false impression of priority.
    That Quality of Life tracker and known issues list are good ideas, but the known issues list has last been updated in December... (has it been replaced by the QoL tracker?)
  • VOLBANKER
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    If I was a dev I'd stay away from this place
    So it is like a cook who does not taste their own original cooking ever and stay locked in their kitchen.
    You know, like those in comedies who make the others faint after eating
    Look up on Youtube "Gordon Ramsay's Funniest Moments on Kitchen Nightmares UK "

Here is how a typical thread would look like if a dev came to this [email protected]&& community

Dev: hey guys how are you?

Community: ^#&£ YOU DICE WORST BATTLEFIELD GAME EVER YOU GUYS DONT DO CRAP FIX THE GAME NO ONE ASKED FOR FIRESTORM YOU GUYS DONT LISTEN US AND BY US I MEAN ME BALANCE THE GAME TO HOW I WANT IT

Haha, I love this! :smiley:
    It is just spot on :smile:
  • VOLBANKER
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have read several times people saying "Dice should ask US, the players, not those Youtube guys, for example by making a survey". So Dice makes a survey, only for people to respond like this in a thread about it:

"Oh it's just a PR trick, do you really think they care, how naive are you"

Hard to win people over in this forum :neutral:
  • ackers75
    2392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    If I was a dev I'd stay away from this place
    So it is like a cook who does not taste their own original cooking ever and stay locked in their kitchen.
    You know, like those in comedies who make the others faint after eating
    Look up on Youtube "Gordon Ramsay's Funniest Moments on Kitchen Nightmares UK "

Here is how a typical thread would look like if a dev came to this [email protected]&& community

Dev: hey guys how are you?

Community: ^#&£ YOU DICE WORST BATTLEFIELD GAME EVER YOU GUYS DONT DO CRAP FIX THE GAME NO ONE ASKED FOR FIRESTORM YOU GUYS DONT LISTEN US AND BY US I MEAN ME BALANCE THE GAME TO HOW I WANT IT

Haha, I love this! :smiley:
    It is just spot on :smile:

Do you really think this doesn’t happen on Reddit!
  • Hawxxeye
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    I have read several times people saying "Dice should ask US, the players, not those Youtube guys, for example by making a survey". So Dice makes a survey, only for people to respond like this in a thread about it:

"Oh it's just a PR trick, do you really think they care, how naive are you"

Hard to win people over in this forum :neutral:
    I have no words for people who ask for a survey and then turn it down out of cynicism...
    I made sure to answer every survey that I was made aware of.
  • EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V

The reason they don't respond often is because if they make a statement it is then out there as an official response and would give a false impression of priority.
    Someone has to figure out a way to show that an issue has been acknowledged without causing that false impression of priority.
    That Quality of Life tracker and known issues list are good ideas, but the known issues list has last been updated in December... (has it been replaced by the QoL tracker?)

QoL tracker completely replaced the known issues list.
  • OskooI_007
    787 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2
    Top reasons developers don't read forums

#1 They don't get paid to read forums. Free time is better spent sipping on a beer relaxing in a hammock instead of getting depressed reading nasty comments about their work on forums.

#2 Time is better spent working on the game itself, instead of wasting it reading long forum posts. Developers like Twitter due to it's short word limit. It saves them time reading short tweets.

Those are the two main reasons developers don't spend their free time reading forums. Did I mention avoiding depression by not reading about others criticizing your work?

• Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Top reasons developers don't read forums

#1 They don't get paid to read forums. Free time is better spent sipping on a beer relaxing instead of getting depressed reading nasty comments about their work on forums.

#2 Time is better spent working on the game, instead of wasting it reading forum posts. Developers like Twitter due to it's short word limit. It saves them time reading short tweets.

Those are the two main reasons developers don't spend their free time reading forums. Did I mention avoid getting depressed reading about others criticize your work?

#2 How are they working on the game ? Its still broken.
  • OskooI_007
    787 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2
    It's not a bug, it's a feature. :)
  • Hawxxeye

If it is not in the QoL tracker should we assume it is not yet a known issue and it needs bug reporting?
  • CrashCA
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To point out the obvious, last update to QOL Tracker was nearly two weeks again and mostly a short edit.
    And the Known Issues List is even older. (Jan '19)

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The BFV Reddit community also said that visibility should be bad, all whilst flooding their subreddit with reposts, Sanitater and tractor jokes, alongside the occasional rage post from someone who can barely speak English.

Then there was the main BF subreddit, which had the most insane and hilarious meltdown when BFV was revealed. Oh, and don't forget about the constant circle-jerking.

I can see why DICE likes Reddit so much.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

so now that we know what to call it, when can customers expect issues to be fixed? ie blackscreens
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I dont like reddit but there's more chance of getting proper feedback over there than over here. People just come here to rage and cry

maybe because thats all you choose to look at. hence why you are in here and not a normal feedback post that gets zero response.
This discussion has been closed.