Finally DICE devs decided to interact with the forum community.

1235»

Comments

• Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    von_Campenstein said:

I'd downvote this post if I could.

The upsides of using a Reddit-like system:
    1. The community can "regulate" itself2. Moderation can take a more hands-off approach.3. The community can determine what they want to see..
    The downsides of a Reddit-like system:
    1. Downvotes are often abused to where people downvote things they don't agree with, even against the clear rules on most outlining how to use the system.2. Unpopular opinions or topics generally never get seen because after 2 downvotes, it's hidden from everyone else.3. Sometimes leads to making users feel like their own thoughts and opinions are incorrect
    4. Tends to lead towards "Hive mind" attitudes where a large portion of the community upvotes only memes or only a specific topic and nothing gets discussed.5. Developers are often moderators of their own sub-reddits, leading to some potential censorship and moderation abuse.
    The upsides of the forums systems we have here:.
    1. Topics are never hidden unless edited, even after being "deleted" (locked)
    2. Unpopular opinions have a chance to actually have discussion
    3. Forces people to say why they don't like a thread/topic rather than just downvote and move on (promotes discussion).4. Moderation is active and third party with 0 monetary incentive (because they're volunteers)..
    The downsides of the forums like we have here:.
    1. Hive mind still has it's place, as only one kind of post gets interaction which snowballs (this kind of post is generally hostile towards developers or other members of the community).2. Any interaction bumps the post back up to the top..
    This is a list just off the top of my head. I'm sure if I really thought for a while, the list would be longer..
    I'm personally a fan of the system we have on the forums. As someone with a lot of unpopular opinions and controversial ideas, I feel like I can actually say them on the forums. On reddit, I'd be downvoted by someone in under 10 seconds and get no feedback as to why they did.
    .Did they disagree with my POV? Did they not like the topic? Were they tired of the spam? There's too many reasons why someone would downvote you. And when 2 people downvote you and 0 people upvote you, you're SOL as now, you're hidden from the "new" feed and nobody else is going to see your post unless they manually set their settings to see posts with -1 karma (which doesn't happen)..I do, however, think Moderation can crack down on a few things better..
    1. I continually see the same few people egging on people and making them feel like nothing or just insulting developers and other members of the community.
    2. I also see some people continually spamming the same thing (whether it be a bunch of pictures or wall of text) on every post somewhat related to the same topic.
    3. Lots of people continually say "I don't even play the game anymore lol. I stopped 2 months ago" or something along those lines, some even bragging about selling their Xbox because this game wasn't fun for them. I get it's their choice to be here, but if they haven't played in X amount of time, they shouldn't be allowed to post or comment. They don't know what the balance is like or even the game. Why should they still have a say in changes if they haven't played since launch?4. I've had numerous threads of mine derailed. I've been called names by people and had horrible things said about me. These people are still active on the forums and even this very topic.5. Jailing an account isn't really enough. People are trolls and generally locked accounts come from comments anyway, so why are they still allowed to comment? At the least, these locked accounts should only be allowed to participate once every X hours. If they're not a positive member of the community, access to said community should be restricted or even removed entirely for a set duration (never permanently though unless the temporary bans are over 6 months or something)..Just my 2 cents. I'm always trying to use the forums for constructive conversation about the game. It frustrates me greatly when I can't do that because a few people still are around that do nothing but troll and be jerks to others.

I have posts after posts of constructive feedback with zero responses. no opinion, no banter, just a video describing the problem, .... zero responses. Every feedback thread for the first 3 months I also posted in, with video link, zero responses. But if I go into the more popular posts and post an opinion, i'll get quoted and responded too with meaningless sidebar by people incapable of anything less than that.

The next time I log on to my xbox I'll be back to post yet ANOTHER loadloop screen even after their 6G patch of nothingness that wont be acknowledged. But because I called it that, or imply the developers or community managers are inept, it'll be the topic and nothing about the core issue(s) that still infest this game.

• Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Opinion - BF 5 is trash

Fact - https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmjSl2amw1Q0ghY5boomLtXvd_-_

Throw away my opinion and you still have feedback. Why is it so hard for DICE? lol
  • misisipiRivrRat
    807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    there is a huge difference between constructive criticism and some of what is posted on here
    Well sure there is. They don't need to respond to the idiots but  responding to constuctive criticism would be nice. Misckag replied often in the bf1 thread and I think peopleoverall were very polite for the most part. And the subject was  very heated.  Why aren't more devs taking part in discussions like he did?
  • misisipiRivrRat
    807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    m1k3ol said:
    ok, some stuff about this, just remember I'm not an official staff or anything...

Times are changing, reality is that the community is moving out of the forums, and this is for most companies...people now hangout in Discord and Reddit, the overall fall of forum activity is pretty much organic, at this rate I doubt it will pick up, even with more visibility with dev interactions...

Devs are obviously there because that's what some people are used to on a daily basis, be it those places or Twitter...

Feedback is gathered and sent to the devs, and yes, even the 0 replies threads are read by someone at some point, I gather feedback and sent it to the community team every Thursday, then they manage whatever needs to reach the team, this includes reading every thread (as humanly as possible) on this forums (at least by me), and the other mods also report anything important back on a daily basis, like pressing issues and other findings...

So, yeah, forum is indeed being used and read by devs on all issues, big or small, even if you can't see them writing in here...
    Hi,

You mentioned community team and I remember in a recent poll I completed I was asked about the community team. I'm not gonna lie, I don't know who  or what the community team are or do. So who are they and what do they do ?
  • RichardSinerface
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    m1k3ol said:
    ok, some stuff about this, just remember I'm not an official staff or anything...

Times are changing, reality is that the community is moving out of the forums, and this is for most companies...people now hangout in Discord and Reddit, the overall fall of forum activity is pretty much organic, at this rate I doubt it will pick up, even with more visibility with dev interactions...

Devs are obviously there because that's what some people are used to on a daily basis, be it those places or Twitter...

Feedback is gathered and sent to the devs, and yes, even the 0 replies threads are read by someone at some point, I gather feedback and sent it to the community team every Thursday, then they manage whatever needs to reach the team, this includes reading every thread (as humanly as possible) on this forums (at least by me), and the other mods also report anything important back on a daily basis, like pressing issues and other findings...

So, yeah, forum is indeed being used and read by devs on all issues, big or small, even if you can't see them writing in here...
    I personally wouldn't say that community is moving out. There are a lot more platforms for community building and as a result people choose what they like the most depending on their needs. You can't really replace forums or reddit with twitter, each platform has it's limitations.  It's purely a matter of preference.

It emphatically is not a matter of preference. THIS is the BF5 official forums. If EA (and you Alexander are included) don't want to interact on the OFFICIAL forums and instead want to engage on other platforms that is fine. But ehn DON"T RUN AN OFFICIAL FORUMS!!!
    If you want to hang out on reddit, and talk to the community there don't bother running this forum at all. What is the point? Barely anyone even uses this forum apparently. Maybe you could try advertising about it on Reddit?

Just shut this forum down please. Nobody likes digging through 100+page long mega threads where no one from EA has even bothered to respond. 

• misisipiRivrRat
    m1k3ol said:

I personally wouldn't say that community is moving out. There are a lot more platforms for community building and as a result people choose what they like the most depending on their needs. You can't really replace forums or reddit with twitter, each platform has it's limitations.  It's purely a matter of preference.

It emphatically is not a matter of preference. THIS is the BF5 official forums. If EA (and you Alexander are included) don't want to interact on the OFFICIAL forums and instead want to engage on other platforms that is fine. But ehn DON"T RUN AN OFFICIAL FORUMS!!!
    If you want to hang out on reddit, and talk to the community there don't bother running this forum at all. What is the point? Barely anyone even uses this forum apparently. Maybe you could try advertising about it on Reddit?

Just shut this forum down please. Nobody likes digging through 100+page long mega threads where no one from EA has even bothered to respond. 

Right. They don't respond here and it is frustrating. Personally I read some threads on reddit but prefer the way things are set up here.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    von_Campenstein said:

1. The community can "regulate" itself2. Moderation can take a more hands-off approach.3. The community can determine what they want to see..
    1. Downvotes are often abused to where people downvote things they don't agree with, even against the clear rules on most outlining how to use the system.2. Unpopular opinions or topics generally never get seen because after 2 downvotes, it's hidden from everyone else.3. Sometimes leads to making users feel like their own thoughts and opinions are incorrect
    4. Tends to lead towards "Hive mind" attitudes where a large portion of the community upvotes only memes or only a specific topic and nothing gets discussed.5. Developers are often moderators of their own sub-reddits, leading to some potential censorship and moderation abuse.
    3. Forces people to say why they don't like a thread/topic rather than just downvote and move on (promotes discussion).4. Moderation is active and third party with 0 monetary incentive (because they're volunteers)..
    1. Hive mind still has it's place, as only one kind of post gets interaction which snowballs (this kind of post is generally hostile towards developers or other members of the community).2. Any interaction bumps the post back up to the top..
    This is a list just off the top of my head. I'm sure if I really thought for a while, the list would be longer..
    I'm personally a fan of the system we have on the forums. As someone with a lot of unpopular opinions and controversial ideas, I feel like I can actually say them on the forums. On reddit, I'd be downvoted by someone in under 10 seconds and get no feedback as to why they did.
    .Did they disagree with my POV? Did they not like the topic? Were they tired of the spam? There's too many reasons why someone would downvote you. And when 2 people downvote you and 0 people upvote you, you're SOL as now, you're hidden from the "new" feed and nobody else is going to see your post unless they manually set their settings to see posts with -1 karma (which doesn't happen)..I do, however, think Moderation can crack down on a few things better..
    1. I continually see the same few people egging on people and making them feel like nothing or just insulting developers and other members of the community.
    2. I also see some people continually spamming the same thing (whether it be a bunch of pictures or wall of text) on every post somewhat related to the same topic.
    3. Lots of people continually say "I don't even play the game anymore lol. I stopped 2 months ago" or something along those lines, some even bragging about selling their Xbox because this game wasn't fun for them. I get it's their choice to be here, but if they haven't played in X amount of time, they shouldn't be allowed to post or comment. They don't know what the balance is like or even the game. Why should they still have a say in changes if they haven't played since launch?4. I've had numerous threads of mine derailed. I've been called names by people and had horrible things said about me. These people are still active on the forums and even this very topic.5. Jailing an account isn't really enough. People are trolls and generally locked accounts come from comments anyway, so why are they still allowed to comment? At the least, these locked accounts should only be allowed to participate once every X hours. If they're not a positive member of the community, access to said community should be restricted or even removed entirely for a set duration (never permanently though unless the temporary bans are over 6 months or something)..Just my 2 cents. I'm always trying to use the forums for constructive conversation about the game. It frustrates me greatly when I can't do that because a few people still are around that do nothing but troll and be jerks to others.

I have posts after posts of constructive feedback with zero responses. no opinion, no banter, just a video describing the problem, .... zero responses. Every feedback thread for the first 3 months I also posted in, with video link, zero responses. But if I go into the more popular posts and post an opinion, i'll get quoted and responded too with meaningless sidebar by people incapable of anything less than that.

The next time I log on to my xbox I'll be back to post yet ANOTHER loadloop screen even after their 6G patch of nothingness that wont be acknowledged. But because I called it that, or imply the developers or community managers are inept, it'll be the topic and nothing about the core issue(s) that still infest this game.

Are those "posts after posts of constructive feedback" actually there? Or are your 2 posts you've made 2 months ago qualifying while you're just spewing anger at developers and insulting them? Every time you say you have constructive feedback, you link to a few old posts you've made from like, January that aren't even open ended or constructive and say "WHY AREN'T THEY RESPONDING?!?!?!"
    Please, show me what constructive posts you've made.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Opinion - BF 5 is trash

Throw away my opinion and you still have feedback. Why is it so hard for DICE? lol
    It's funny because you're one of the main people we are talking about when we say that there's some people who aren't constructive + complain the developers aren't responding.
    You're doing nothing but proving that point as well.
  • Trokey66
    8242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    He doesn't even own the game!
  • Redstripe101
    Redstripe101 said:
    Opinion - BF 5 is trash

It's funny because you're one of the main people we are talking about when we say that there's some people who aren't constructive + complain the developers aren't responding.
    .You're doing nothing but proving that point as well.

Awwww, I dont care what you talk about lol, you proved my point. You can seperate opinion from fact yet you still choose to blabber conjecture and not the real issue, are you really a dev because you play it well.

Meanwhile .....

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/182762/damage-models#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/181564/beta-feedback-then-and-now#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/178849/ammo-still-falls-through-floor#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/178884/patch-fixed-nothing-on-xb1#latest

If you cant generate any relevant feedback from any of this then you would fit in well with DICE lol.

134$ million in losses and you're saying as if its a success 🤣🤣. Please talk about me, maybe print my pic and throw darts at it, i dont care at any point about you.
  • Redstripe101
    Redstripe101 said:
    Opinion - BF 5 is trash

.You're doing nothing but proving that point as well.

Was I the one during BF1?

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/84841/free-battlepack-extravaganza-oprah-style#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/83926/battlepack-code-trivia-errr-scavanger-hunt#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/83711/battlepack-code-trivia#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/83394/free-battlepack-trivia#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/83253/battlepack-code-trivia#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/82886/battlepack-code-trivia#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/82558/battlepack-code-trivia-series-win-one-give-one#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/81861/free-battlepack-codes-here-u-s-only#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/80687/free-battlepack-code-trivia#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/80758/free-code-and-maybe-a-mods-help#latest

Dont assume you know me or my posting patterns. BF5 is just bad, the end.

PS - and I do own the game via gameshare, I just didnt spend money on it so win/win/win in my book.
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And hijacked by trolls
    Was fun while it lasted,  @Hawxxeye
  • BaronVonGoon
    6728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    someone call me?
  • StarscreamUK
    7269 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    If the blatant trolling continues, then people will find that their posting ability takes a holiday.
  • Redstripe101
    Redstripe101 said:

aRrAyStArTaT0 wrote: »
    von_Campenstein said:

Are those "posts after posts of constructive feedback" actually there? Or are your 2 posts you've made 2 months ago qualifying while you're just spewing anger at developers and insulting them? Every time you say you have constructive feedback, you link to a few old posts you've made from like, January that aren't even open ended or constructive and say "WHY AREN'T THEY RESPONDING?!?!?!".Please, show me what constructive posts you've made.

show me a patch that has addressed blackscreens, load loops, and spawn freezing. Pull up their official feedback threads since launch and you'll see my posts in there as well. 90% of my clips are issues recorded to report here. Everything from UI bugs to a simple ladder unscalable because of damage models. Even after the 6GB patch my last clip is a loading loop yet again. My opinion doesnt change that but lets assume its simply just my fault since that makes more sense.

• StarscreamUK
    7269 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Well, you can't keep on topic and decided to continue with your issue with another user.  Thread has run it's course.

Devs do read the forum, they do get feedback weekly, they dont post here for reasons.  
This discussion has been closed.