Can BF franchise succeed in this age of the casual gamer?

13»

Comments

• herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow another "casuals ruined BF" thread.

Bf was Always a Casual Action Shooter Like CoD.

Its really funny that people try to force them to Play how they want them to Play.

I ptfo Most of the time but i had fun in BBC2 and BF4 Just sniping at really Long range and trying to Beat my own longest Headshot.

Sure it can be annoying If you have a crappy Team and the dumbest persons on earth in it. But you still have the Option to skipe the Server and find a new one.
  • SirBobdk
    4702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol, BF have always been a causal pub game.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1496 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't really think it's the TYPE of players, it's just that the amount is far greater than it used to be, so the bell curve is far more representative. You get 80% average players, 10% bad players, and 10% good players. But this is thrown off when you have a squad or two communicating and working together. It's a force multiplier.

Secondly, I don't think stats like KDR should be represented as prominently as they are in objective game modes. Yes, it's important to not die and get as many kills as possible, but it's more important to cap flags, however, the scoreboard shows otherwise. Players want to do well, and thus often resort to non-PTFO tactics to maintain that illusion. It's as much a problem with the game as with the players.

Solution: Instead of KDR add in "ticket count", so a player with a lot of confirmed kills will have +30, while a player with tons of deaths might have -9. It'll show everyone's impact on the match through kills and deaths, but because deaths are "hidden" it won't make it seem as critical to go positive. Also, a proper team balancer needs to be implemented. We have matches starting with 15v30 players, and the same squads of randoms are kept together and not mixed up, so stomps occur way too often.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13714 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 2019
    [post commented out as the response is no longer present]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • MAJWolfcookies
    582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    [post commented out as the response is no longer present] 

Thank you. That’s what I thought. Some people!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13714 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Though,  to my eye,  you were also instigating the responses too.

Good thing bc I bet you're the type of noob who I would ban. Lol you made my point.

I am going to be removing those sorts of responses ( and quotes of them ) from this thread but if I do see any more,  I will have to take more formal action.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r said:
    Are we using casual in the time dedication sense, or the "git gud" sense?

I can never keep such straight.

If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it
    just kidding Munktor!

• Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A team based FPS requires teamwork (duh) but not everyone got the memo. For the past few installments (esp BF1 and BFV), the servers are infested with oblivious players who don't know what PTFO stands for. It's shocking how clueless these players are. Perhaps this is the trend as gamers are becoming more casual, which isn't necessarily congruous with modes like Conquest, Frontlines etc.

Here's a proposed solution: have the game make a suggestion to said worthless camping sniper on Conquest mode: Your gameplay suggests you are better suited for Team Deathmatch (or whatever). Press X to leave this server and to be sent to (whatever server). Worthless player leaves and next player (hopefully PTFO) in queue enters. This process is constant to ensure that right players are in the right servers which enhances experience for all.

Kind of ambitious I know. Especially if DICE can't fix the most basic bugs, but one can only hope.

The most condescending post I've seen yet. Reeks of elitism toward others. Not everybody can commit x amount of hours in a day to the game to be considered hardcore.

And for your Information bf3 was the start of the franchise becoming casual after BF2. if you played bf2 on pc, then you'd understand why I say this, so you're very late to the party on that one.

There's always been campers, stationary players since way back to battlefield 2, whether it's worthless is not decided by others. You can play how you want.

Seeing as it's generally hardcore players (which is a minority of the whole player base) complaining about casuals, how about they befriend each other through the forums and pisss off to their own matches, not radically change the whole game for a sub group.

Can't make a 32 v 32 hardcore friends? Now why doesn't that surprise me.

bosom buddies with kohagan... as long as the turbidium keeps flowing.
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can some up his post fairly quickly

I lost some rounds

and it was recons fault.

• MAJWolfcookies
    582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Masqerader wrote: »
    Team lose rounds
    and it was usually recons fault. Too many of them.

Fixed for you. Go camp snipe in the appropriate server and git gud lol. You're sad!
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Masqerader wrote: »
    Team lose rounds
    and it was usually recons fault. Too many of them.

Fixed for you. Go camp snipe in the appropriate server and git gud lol. You're sad!

Funny Thing you are the Same Type of Player you are complaing about.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    herodes87 said:
    Funny Thing you are the Same Type of Player you are complaing about.
    I've been patient and I did state in no uncertain terms that if the trolling and argumentative posts continue that I would start taking more formal action.

I am going to be removing those sorts of responses ( and quotes of them ) from this thread but if I do see any more,  I will have to take more formal action.
    And so,  Thread has been locked and you both have some time away.
This discussion has been closed.