Let's play a game, called Dice logic.

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Take a working game use it as a guinea pig, see that it produces a worse gameplay experience, take said gameplay experience and turn it up a notch for the next game.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In all honesty can anyone point out a really solid addition that came with BFV over BF1 or BF4? I was thinking about this as I watched some game play of BF4 and I cannot think of a single thing in BFV that I would say makes it better. Lots of stuff makes it worse though.

Isn't the point of new editions to expand the game and improve it!?
  • rmanl
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Release a game that isn’t finished
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Take things that worked really well in previous BF (Operations, class balance, weapon and vehicle balance) and throw it into the window

Make already strong class even stronger

Put focus on a teamplay and put ammo/health boxes in every possible location

Make Day 1 and Day 2 in Grand Ops useless, since Day 3 decides the outcome

Show me BR every time I start BF1 :) yeah, BR is what I am expecting from Battlefield WW2 game

Remove spotting, but give everyone 3x scopes, because people can’t see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Create the Last Stand mode which is unicorn. It exists, but no one has seen it

• Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Take things that worked really well in previous BF (Operations, class balance, weapon and vehicle balance) and throw it into the window

Make already strong class even stronger

Put focus on a teamplay and put ammo/health boxes in every possible location

Make Day 1 and Day 2 in Grand Ops useless, since Day 3 decides the outcome

Show me BR every time I start BF1 :) yeah, BR is what I am expecting from Battlefield WW2 game

Remove spotting, but give everyone 3x scopes, because people can’t see ****

Create the Last Stand mode which is unicorn. It exists, but no one has seen it

To the last stand point I saw it in my very first game and never again. It was pretty fun but I'm 99% sure I'll never see it again as GO is the least fun game mode in this thing.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    Tank that weight 50 tons feel like a balloon with tracks.

Heavy tank crew that roll into battle with only 24 tank shells.

Or how literally every vehicle is the same. Tanks feel like they weigh the same as motorcycles and light jeeps. Pretty tired of rolling the tank ever whenever I hit a small hill....especially the British version!
    diagoro wrote: »
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    Tank that weight 50 tons feel like a balloon with tracks.

Heavy tank crew that roll into battle with only 24 tank shells.

Or how literally every vehicle is the same. Tanks feel like they weigh the same as motorcycles and light jeeps. Pretty tired of rolling the tank ever whenever I hit a small hill....especially the British version!

Ugh this. How the vehicles, especially the light skinned transports flip and pivot when you hit a divot, like they are using pre 2000 game physics.
  • dcs500
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Taking all the mistakes made in the previous game, then copy and paste them into the new one.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Let's make the healing and reviving class the main frontline fighting class!
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    dcs500 wrote: »
    Taking all the mistakes made in the previous game, then copy and paste them into the new one.

I disagree. There were lots of things in BF1 that were good, and thrown away. Like class balance.

I got the impression that was what he was saying, DICE not building on things that work but re-inventing the wheel every time.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In all honesty can anyone point out a really solid addition that came with BFV over BF1 or BF4? I was thinking about this as I watched some game play of BF4 and I cannot think of a single thing in BFV that I would say makes it better. Lots of stuff makes it worse though.

The removal of 3D spotting and the removal of infinite ammo for (most) vehicles were positive steps. Unfortunately for every step forward they've taken two steps back....
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA: Hey, there are over 2,500 servers in BF4 and all paid for by gaming clans, plus we're selling Premium and Paid DLC to millions of players so we can tell DICE to keep making new content.

EA: Time for BFV, let's get rid of rented servers so we have to pay for the servers ourselves, and let's go with Live Service and "free" DLC while we're at it. Darn, not much money coming in from this game, we better put DICE on a tight budget and forget about those new maps and stuff.
  • Noodlesocks
    3607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Highly popular and profitable Rental Server Program: Not included and no plans to include it.
    One class (recon) have their own set of rules for their weapons that don't affect any other class.
    Spending development time on modes that no one is asking for.
    No monetisation what so ever, months after release.
    Artistic pride placed before gameplay.
  • dcs500
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »

I disagree. There were lots of things in BF1 that were good, and thrown away. Like class balance.

That’s not what I meant, BF1 was fine, but the bad elements that many players complained about were just copied over instead of being addressed.
  • Agent_Talon

The removal of 3D spotting and the removal of infinite ammo for (most) vehicles were positive steps. Unfortunately for every step forward they've taken two steps back....

Oh good point on the 3D spotting I for one love that it was removed. I will give them that one. I'm on-board with a change to vehicle ammo but I don't think it's done well in BFV.