6 more years of BFV?

124»

Comments

• warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    trip1ex said:
    They just have a mess and it will take them losing business for them to change course.  Those of us not buying the game are heroes lol.  
    EA are really focused on driving their subscription schemes forward. In the context of lost retail revenue per title the subscriptions start to look like a good insurance policy for a video game publisher.

Origin Premier is £90 a year. Which isn't much more than what people pay for one pre-order.

I don't know for sure, obviously, but I think that EA looks at it like this. BFV, in terms of anyone not buying it, would really mean that BFV didn't entice some customers to pay for a subscription.

Which is a loss of sales coverage for subscriptions. Because it doesn't really make sense to buy a full priced pre-order game anymore instead of a subscription. Which is also possibly why they don't reduce the price of BFV as that would devalue the Access Premier subscription.
  • Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DrunkwoIf said:
    Billydoc1 said:
    BFV has a life of at least 5 years
    the content we can get is HUGE
    nations
    weapons
    tanks
    theatres of WW2
    uniforms
    you name it
    They have already abandoned ship on BFV, there is probably a skeleton crew working on it now and the rest are onto the next money grab. probably the only thing that will be running still later this year will be the BR, because people love BR for some reason.
    then BFV is the last BF for me...back to BF3 & BFH
  • Panzerratte_93
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the lifeservice-system of BFV could cover the longer developmenttime for BF6. 
    If bfv got no more Content after 2 years, while develop a newer game for 3 to 4 years, they will have some Problems, because they will lose Players to other  franchises for a Long time. Thats why you shouldn´t have a "gap" between games and normally this wouldn´t happen because the Players have enough Motivation to Play on. So it would make sense, if DICE really want to develope a game for a longer Periode, to do so. 

• Key2Destiny
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 won't even last a year
  • JamieCurnock
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    They just have a mess and it will take them losing business for them to change course.  Those of us not buying the game are heroes lol.  

Heroes. Lol.

Some people. Jesus.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game is not GTA, it can't sustain that long. Toss in the total lack of an AC that works and a Dev/Publisher that do not care and I'd say there is zero chance.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

Heroes. Lol.

Some people. Jesus.

I felt pretty heroic rolling out of bed before noon, also what the hell is wrong with the forums with every reply landing inside the quotation bracket, is this thing plugged into Frostbite too?
  • SirBobdk
    5292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I felt pretty heroic rolling out of bed before noon, also what the hell is wrong with the forums with every reply landing inside the quotation bracket, is this thing plugged into Frostbite too?
    Seem so. Half the times I have to cut and paste it, because I start typing inside the quote
  • freeasykill
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I believe they should release Battlefield in a similar vein as Counter-Strike; a new game every decade or so depending on if the community is ready for it.

One Battlefield game that spans wars from different times, similar to how the original Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PS2) had battles in the clone wars and the rebellion.

No fragmenting the playerbase, and EA can even get away with microtransactions just like Valve if they are not egregious (won't hold my breath on that last bit.)
  • ProAssassin2003
    3862 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Next Battlefield needs minimum 3 years of development time.
  • RABiDJustice
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I really think no custom servers are hurting this game more then anything. You cant find the experience you want.

There is no hardcore, infantry only, fast vehicle spawn, large ticket count. No servers that promote team play.

Only two downsides is bad admins and only getting to play 5 maps.

And how the hell have they not fixed the vehicle spawn icons on the spawn screen. Nothing I hate more then spawning at home base to get a half track and nothings there and I get to redeploy.

• ElliotLH
    9409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    von_Campenstein said:

Seem so. Half the times I have to cut and paste it, because I start typing inside the quote

I press the down arrow after clicking quote. Seems to take me out of the quote box.