Weekly BF

Honest question re: spectators

Prep768
3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I'm with 4 lads in a party, but also the last one of us alive
Circle is small and know for a fact it is 1v2 BUT I have 4 spectators
Is this mysterious spectator the 3rd man of the squad I'm up against?
(therefore can see exactly where I am and - ergo, ipso facto - telling his squad where I am)

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I could be wrong here but if someone in a squad kills you then you can tab through the members and watch them. You might have had someone hang around and watch.
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I could be wrong here but if someone in a squad kills you then you can tab through the members and watch them. You might have had someone hang around and watch.

They do that alot, and that is why the should put the spectator onto the teammates. on onto the enemy players, because many people die at the beginning just to help their team out killing other people.
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thing is, inevitably I lost, then the squad screen showed 3 players - so I'm pretty sure my position was given away
  • ElliotLH
    8531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »

Thing is, inevitably I lost, then the squad screen showed 3 players - so I'm pretty sure my position was given away

That's what I was meaning - someone in another squad was relaying information after being killed. Basically I think your suspicions were correct.
  • Prep768

That's what I was meaning - someone in another squad was relaying information after being killed. Basically I think your suspicions were correct.

That sucks! I mean, it has to be a design flaw, right?
  • ElliotLH

That sucks! I mean, it has to be a design flaw, right?

It does seem open to abuse. I was fiddling about with the spectator aspect in another thread about people doing this kind of thing in solo, so it does seem that people are doing this: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/184613/possible-cheating-method-in-firestorm#latest