Shoulder fired lewis gun.

RabbidWallaby
76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Never even noticed this before lol. The video for Metallica's For whom the bell tolls shows video from an old movie, not sure which it is, but you clearly see the guy shoulder firing a lewis gun off his buddy at some airplanes. About died when I noticed this and probably never would have if not for some of the things brought up in this game lol.
lewis2_zps9z9js9ix.png
lewis1_zps3qjuip8t.png

Comments

• Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's even pictures of German soldiers with an MG-42 on their shoulders,N which I believe was one of the reasons they left that feature in when they improved the bipods (it was unintentional, but some people had been saying it on Twitter and they just went 'may as well leave it in', apparently).
  • ElliotLH
    8910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great song. I believe the clips shown in the video are from the film For Whom the Bell Tolls: https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/ingrid-bergman-and-gary-cooper-star-in-the-paramount-film-news-photo/3288992
  • GuangFuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    all those MMGs and modern GPMGs can be fired from shoulder, technically.

although that would result in extreme exhaustion, obviously.
  • Squad_Cohesion
    882 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    all those MMGs and modern GPMGs can be fired from shoulder, technically.

although that would result in extreme exhaustion, obviously.

Which would result in large amounts of sway and uncontrollable-recoil. But that's all punishing the player for having l33t aiming skills according to the conservative E-sport competitive goofballs.