You know this game is dying when the server pop on hardline is bigger at certain times of the day.

mattd3162014
313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited April 2019
could not find a match yesterday with a full 64 players every server had a max of 60 this game is dying pretty damn fast.Infact hardline is coming back to life tons of full servers now :) Hardline is so underrated its a great game just some maps 64 players dont really suite but its very fun.BFV needs new content asap.The live service is killing the game and lets be honest its no different then premium except priced cheaper and way less content but that`s what happens i guess when too many people cry about premium the cry about live service instead lol
Post edited by mattd3162014 on

Comments

• xKusagamix
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Getting no trouble in Asia.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Getting no trouble in Asia.
    I find that hard to believe lol

• Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFH is a good game...i miss it
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cant seem to find a full server.

but sadly, Hardline did not sit well with me.. does not feel like a bf game imo.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Unless you are in Antarctica, and allegedly, BF4 had servers running on that continent that were full, I can not see how population is an issue in BFV, especially compared to Hardline. As of the last peaks, BFH had a comined population of around 2k players maximum, and severe difficulties to find a match on some Platforms like the 360 and PC. I checked population stats of BF1 and 4 a couple of weeks ago, and they were both around 20k, BF4 having a slight advantage. PC naturally is the most prominent and consistent patform for both and even BF3 still has a couple of hundred players on each platform, with PC having a strong lead.
    I am pretty sure that with the implementation of Firestorm and the shop today the population of BFV will still be drastically higher across all regions and platforms when compared to it's predecessors.
    Now BFV is not a very popular game, but far from dead, it suffers from poor twitch views and that counts for a lot these days. So, if you can not find a server in your region the only possibilities are:
    - a problem on your end
    - EA servers momentarily being down for a variety of reasons
    - you connecting to a server in your area at highly unusual time, like New Year's Eve at 23:59pm
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Unless you are in Antarctica, and allegedly, BF4 had servers running on that continent that were full, I can not see how population is an issue in BFV, especially compared to Hardline. As of the last peaks, BFH had a comined population of around 2k players maximum, and severe difficulties to find a match on some Platforms like the 360 and PC. I checked population stats of BF1 and 4 a couple of weeks ago, and they were both around 20k, BF4 having a slight advantage. PC naturally is the most prominent and consistent patform for both and even BF3 still has a couple of hundred players on each platform, with PC having a strong lead.
    I am pretty sure that with the implementation of Firestorm and the shop today the population of BFV will still be drastically higher across all regions and platforms when compared to it's predecessors.
    Now BFV is not a very popular game, but far from dead, it suffers from poor twitch views and that counts for a lot these days. So, if you can not find a server in your region the only possibilities are:
    - a problem on your end
    - you connecting to a server in your area at highly unusual time, like New Year's Eve at 23:59pm
    I'm in the heart of the EU. During EU primetime I have to wait 1-2 min to get into an ordinary Conquest match give or take every single time. Never had this in any other BF title to date.

Sometimes it takes so long I have to cancel it and queue and requeue again. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But I guess you will now tell me that Conquest is somehow a very niche BF mode and that's normal, eh?
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Naskoni said:
    VincentNZ said:
    - a problem on your end
    I'm in the heart of the EU. During EU primetime I have to wait 1-2 min to get into an ordinary Conquest match give or take every single time. Never had this in any other BF title to date.

Sometimes it takes so long I have to cancel it and queue and requeue again. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But I guess you will now tell me that Conquest is somehow a very niche BF mode and that's normal, eh?
    Well of course, because new servers are created by demand, or you are transferred to mostly full servers without a queue. For a new server you have to wait until more players are found, enough to validate that the server will be full within a certain timeframe.
    Further it is also matchmaking, so there is most likely an algorithm at play, to ensure an as balanced round as possible, which also lengthens matchmaking times. Further, region is important, if you are in the UK, priority is a UK server. For Germany I guess there are servers in Frankfurt as usual, and I would suppose there are also others distributed around Europe. You can check your server browser at primetime and see 100+ Conquest servers in Europe, so there is your answer. Just because it "feels" bad, doesn't mean anything, knowing a few more facts and applying sensible thinking will tell you that the game still has sufficient populace in Europe to find a game.
    Naturally you never had this issue in previous games, because BF1 was a huge success for the first month, and before that nobody used matchmaking, but connected to their favourite server.
  • mattd3162014
    VincentNZ said:
    - a problem on your end
     When did i say i could not find a server???I said i could not find a match with a full 64 players yesterday not that i could not find a match.I was talking about the servers and none of the servers having 64 players and i tried hardline a few minutes later and found a lot of full 64 player servers.
  • xKusagamix
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't care what you find "hard to believe", it's only 18:18 GMT+7 in Vietnam, it's not even primetime in Asia, there's is an update today and it's not even that hard to find full servers, there's more than 100 active servers with half of them are full in Asia in primetime, so the game isn't "dead".

• VincentNZ
    VincentNZ said:
    - a problem on your end
     When did i say i could not find a server???I said i could not find a match with a full 64 players yesterday not that i could not find a match.I was talking about the servers and none of the servers having 64 players and i tried hardline a few minutes later and found a lot of full 64 player servers.

The matchmaking times were still too long for you, so you switched to another game. The claim that you make in this thread is that Hardline has more players and full servers as BFV, and this is simply not true. Even when you assume playing at the peak time at the most populated platform you are looking at 800 players. That is 12 servers. Not a ton. If you include regions you can be rather sure that you are looking at maybe 5-8 applicable servers?
    Meanwhile on peak times, in Europe you are looking at 100+ servers for Conquest alone. My point stands, if you could not find a match in BFV it is either a problem on your end, and that includes patience, or that EA does server maintenance, or the servers are offline etc., which is only a short period in any case. Population, whilst not very high, is not an issue in BFV.
  • kohagan1942
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All full in EU, unlucky.
  • One_Called_Kane
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Based on the flame-baitey nature of your thread title I'm not sure the OP is actually seeking help, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Check your filter settings, you may have something set that's keeping you from seeing all games available.
    Use the search field to type in the game type manually.  For whatever reason this seems to yield more results than just using the default filter.
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Naskoni said:
    VincentNZ said:
    - a problem on your end

Well of course, because new servers are created by demand, or you are transferred to mostly full servers without a queue. For a new server you have to wait until more players are found, enough to validate that the server will be full within a certain timeframe.
    Further it is also matchmaking, so there is most likely an algorithm at play, to ensure an as balanced round as possible, which also lengthens matchmaking times. Further, region is important, if you are in the UK, priority is a UK server. For Germany I guess there are servers in Frankfurt as usual, and I would suppose there are also others distributed around Europe. You can check your server browser at primetime and see 100+ Conquest servers in Europe, so there is your answer. Just because it "feels" bad, doesn't mean anything, knowing a few more facts and applying sensible thinking will tell you that the game still has sufficient populace in Europe to find a game.
    Naturally you never had this issue in previous games, because BF1 was a huge success for the first month, and before that nobody used matchmaking, but connected to their favourite server.
    Don't know what sort of crap games you are used to playing, but nothing else I play makes me wait 2min to get into the most popular mode in a game. 100 Conquest servers is 6400 people playing Conquest during EU prime time - this is nothing for a AAA game.

And yes, I didn't have this issue in previous games because unlike them BF V had to go 50% during its second week post release just not to die miserably right out of the door. And it still has to be semi-permanently 50% off just not to die within half a year after release. Not even the joke that is Anthem is doing so badly.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    could not find a match yesterday with a full 64 players every server had a max of 60 this game is dying pretty damn fast.Infact hardline is coming back to life tons of full servers now :) Hardline is so underrated its a great game just some maps 64 players dont really suite but its very fun.BFV needs new content asap.The live service is killing the game and lets be honest its no different then premium except priced cheaper and way less content but that`s what happens i guess when too many people cry about premium the cry about live service instead lol
    I have no problem finding full BF5 servers for North America Conquest for filters.  Low end about 28 full.  Peak about 68 full servers.  But sometimes they mix conquest with that other game mode.  But then again it doesn't matter much for which server you join.  About 98% of the time its losing badly and you get a free loss just for joining.  Also so many clueless squads as well.  Seems most matches i'm switching squads to find the one that fits in with me.
  • VincentNZ
    Naskoni said:
    VincentNZ said:
    Naskoni said:
    VincentNZ said:
    - a problem on your end

Don't know what sort of crap games you are used to playing, but nothing else I play makes me wait 2min to get into the most popular mode in a game. 100 Conquest servers is 6400 people playing Conquest during EU prime time - this is nothing for a AAA game.

And yes, I didn't have this issue in previous games because unlike them BF V had to go 50% during its second week post release just not to die miserably right out of the door. And it still has to be semi-permanently 50% off just not to die within half a year after release. Not even the joke that is Anthem is doing so badly.

What do you play then that matches you instantly, pray? PUBG with one million players matches within a couple of seconds, yes but people are only matchmaking for one mode. The issue is people are matching for Conquest, Breakthrough, GO, Frontlines, Domination etc. and now Firestorm as well. And of course many players still use the server browser bypassing matchmaking. By the way most games still make you wait a minute and longer in the lobby, while they fill up.
    Also if you are matchmaking with a squad it will take longer, as you will not simply be thrown into a server without a queue. So they will most likely try to open up a new server for you. And of course it is matchmaking so an algorithm with various factors is at play. So there really is a bunch of reasons why matchmaking takes so "long". I advise patience, simple as that, in previous games people spent longer times in queues for their favourite servers.
    And of course the populace is poor and player retention is bad. That still does not mean that the premise of the thread is in shape or form true. It is simply overexaggerated. BFV has infinitely more players than Hardline and matchmaking times are absolutely bearable. The claims here swing between hyperbole, at best superficial knowledge and being plain wrong.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Naskoni said:
    VincentNZ said:
    Naskoni said:
    VincentNZ said:
    - a problem on your end

What do you play then that matches you instantly, pray? PUBG with one million players matches within a couple of seconds, yes but people are only matchmaking for one mode. The issue is people are matching for Conquest, Breakthrough, GO, Frontlines, Domination etc. and now Firestorm as well. And of course many players still use the server browser bypassing matchmaking. By the way most games still make you wait a minute and longer in the lobby, while they fill up.
    Also if you are matchmaking with a squad it will take longer, as you will not simply be thrown into a server without a queue. So they will most likely try to open up a new server for you. And of course it is matchmaking so an algorithm with various factors is at play. So there really is a bunch of reasons why matchmaking takes so "long". I advise patience, simple as that, in previous games people spent longer times in queues for their favourite servers.
    And of course the populace is poor and player retention is bad. That still does not mean that the premise of the thread is in shape or form true. It is simply overexaggerated. BFV has infinitely more players than Hardline and matchmaking times are absolutely bearable. The claims here swing between hyperbole, at best superficial knowledge and being plain wrong.
    Rainbow Six Siege can take up to 4 minutes for match making sometimes with or without a party.  Then have to back out cause its taking to long.  Then next try loads up in like 40 seconds or less.
  • VincentNZ
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    Naskoni said:
    VincentNZ said:
    Naskoni said:
    VincentNZ said:
    - a problem on your end

Rainbow Six Siege can take up to 4 minutes for match making sometimes with or without a party.  Then have to back out cause its taking to long.  Then next try loads up in like 40 seconds or less.

Yeah, my word. The problem is just so blown out of proportion.
  • xKusagamix
    10 PM, Battlefield V is pretty much "dead" in Asia in primetime, right?

• spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For the last month, I have been doing server counts just for fun. I’m seeing a trend I have not seen in previous titles. The number of servers with 1 to 5 opening will out number to full servers by about a 3 to 1 ratio. I can only attribute that most players are not using quick match so servers are not being repopulated like that maybe they should. In BF1 this was never the case that I can remember. I can’t remember how it was for BF4 and HL.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Newsflash: not finding a completely full server on one game and then finding a full server on a different game does not mean the second game has an overall higher population. Literally all it takes is for a few people to leave the game (well, one person technically) and then suddenly, look at that! The sever isn't full. But it's a very big difference between 'having one or two empty slots on each team' and 'teams being half empty' which proves nothing.
    To the guy who was complaining about server wait times - literally all you have to do is cancel the search after like 30 seconds, retry and you'll get in. Chances are that its creating an empty server or putting you in one, but it doesn't fully connect to start with so you have the option to cancel easier if you don't want to wait. If you cancel the search and retry, there's likely to be a free slot that's opened up in a server and it will put you in that game. Or you can even go through the custom search and find a game which has a few players missing and join that one which takes very little time either.