DISCUSSION: Battlefield V Chapter 3 Update #2 and Battlefield Currency

Comments

• theghostoftime78
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    when is general game player balancing teams going to be fixed???? sick of joining a match where its 12 vs 52 and not auto load balancing teams.
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ricky0615 wrote: »
    I don't want to buy skins in a game with lack of contents.

Think about this for a minute.....
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is don't understand is why can't you be able to purchase the epic one's with company coin as well? If you're going to give us content finally why can't i use some the 180,000 CC i have saved up for some of the epic stuff? After buying the deluxe and barely getting anything for it you guys should at the very least give us a chance to purchase them with company coin. You guy owe it to us!
  • Ripman81
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I miss something?
  • Niagra11
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I been a bf player since 2011 with the beginning of bf3 and now with bf5 you have allowed this **** to destroy the franchise with this purchasing of skins like we playing fortnite I should not have to buy bf coins to get skins and I also believe there should be a ban on mod controllers period if u need a controller to play a shooter game why even play just so u can have a rapid fire or a avantage over other players yah have ruined bf play for me and ppl that feel the sane no longer a fan its sad we come to this in bf smh
  • Niagra11
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    battlefield has turned into fortnite and its ashame as well i hate the as a premium player and deluxe buyer I have to buy thing's that I should get for free like it has always been stop letting these kids destroy bf PLEASE....
  • Drizzid
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah! Big dissapointment. I looked forward to the new skins and hoped for tons of it to spend my CC on. Pathetic. I wanted to believe in this game, I realy thought you would start workin on it like you did back when BF 4 released. Game was a disaster! But you worked so hard and made it great, you gave us tons of free content to make up for the bad release. But not in BF V, it feels like this title was created to destroy BF once and for all. You created something with incredible potencial and **** the live service up big time! Its been months and we got 1 new map, and guess what? Panzerstorm sucks. I feel riped off because i bought the deluxe! Those "airdrops" are a joke! The paywall is a joke! You want me to spend 80$ for a few mediocre skins? You gotta be kidding me! I hope that you guys will do something incredible to turn this around because if you continue this way battlefield will die soon.
  • DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Niagra11 said:
    battlefield has turned into fortnite and its ashame as well i hate the as a premium player and deluxe buyer I have to buy thing's that I should get for free like it has always been stop letting these kids destroy bf PLEASE....

Fortnite is free to play. BFV is a full priced game (sales aside). Many people played $60 or $80USD, or are paying a monthly subscription fee. The more I think about this, the more disgusted I become. We paid full price for a BF game that released with only 8 maps. BF4, for example, released with 10 maps, and later added 2 more free maps (not part of paid DLC). And in my estimation, many of those BF4 maps were much more intricate and time consuming to make. BFV maps are more terrain and much less structure. And the structure we do have in BFV is heavily recycled.

Locking these Epic player and weapon skins behind a paywall is a bad decision. They need to make ALL cosmetic items avaialble via CC and real money. This is *not* a F2P game. MTX should be supplemental to the millions in revenue they've already received. Of course, they should have a much higher company coin price in the 10's of thousands. Such that a player has spend a large amount of time to obtain them, and can't easily get them all. Or they can shortcut with real money and get them now.

Players have put in hundreds of hours and banked 100's of thousands of CC awaiting the release of better cosmetics, only now to find all of those Epic items locked behind a paywall. Does DICE honestly think that many of those people are going to spend their money, in addition to the price of the game and the countless hours of their time, to get those items? I think that will be a very small number of individuals.

Compared to earlier titles, we are starting out at a deficit, before we even get to ToW future content and MTX. We've received one map (Panzerstorm) in ToW and a few weapons. The recycled content in limited time game modes and a few facepaints aren't enough to justify the current pricing, either.

• 1hit_Muscle
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They really should have just done what they did with Battlefront II. I'm not sure why they didn't follow that model as it has been in place for quite a while (all items are either in game currency or purchased currency). They wouldn't have had anywhere near the negative feedback if they just followed the accepted model they already use. They probably figured they would make more money this way, but I think it will have the opposite effect with lost future sales and people not buying anything out of principal. 

People will pay for instant gratification, and that would be the main sales revenue generator. It's probably a minority that would have the CC to buy the epic sets, but they are also the most loyal and vocal players that are most upset by not being able to use all of their banked CC.  Lots of players will also buy things out of "good will" if they feel they are getting value from a company. People feeling scorned will spend zero now, and will remember how things were handled in the future. EA doesn't seem to care though as they have done zero for deluxe edition buyers. It would have been so easy to throw them some things with perceived value, but instead they would rather have the constant negative feedback on all their social media sites and forums. Those constant posts alone are costing them a ton of money in future revenue. It's actually mind boggling that such poor marketing decisions continue to be made. People will remember all the negative, and they will be very reluctant to buy/spend in the future with a company they feel isn't giving value (perceived or real).
  • dinobass
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019

Updates and Addendums

• In addition to Battlefield Currency, Epic cosmetics are made available through multiple progression layers: Chapter Rewards, Weekly Storylines, Class Max Rank for each Class, Weapon Max Rank for each Weapon.

None of the Epic cosmetics released yesterday (besides the Final Countdown headgear) are "made available" through any of the "multiple progression layers" listed above.  None will ever be available through Class or Weapon Max Rank (obviously).  And so-- just so there is no misunderstanding-- shouldn't the above statement be edited to "MANY or SOME Epic cosmetics", so that there's no outrage in the future should DICE fail to make ALL of these new Epic cosmetics available through those progression layers?

I make this point because these roadmaps and promises of features from DICE have been vague in ways that have left a lot in the community expecting more than what we've been given.  I would say that the above statement is promising that ALL Epic cosmetics will be available, at some point in some way, without having to spend real money on Battlefield Coins.  If that is not the case, please edit or clarify the statement.
  • ArchAngel5419
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some people are going to label this dumpster fire as abandonware when MCC for PC comes out and they can get the cosmetics they want through progression without having anything be paywalled.

Others are going to wonder what it was like when DICE/EA produced Battlefield games, because at this rate I don’t foresee EA backing a franchise in this bad of a shape for much longer...even if the umbrella company is part of the problem.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964/amp

Just replace “BioWare” with “DICE” and “Anthem” with “Battlefield V,” and everything starts to make sense...except for most of the Frostbite engine complaints.
  • dntfearreaper7x
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So you make another currency but not give deluxe buyers no free Battle Coins ? And still no more special items for weekly shipments for deluxe buyers. This is trash.  
  • setugwell
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Do y'all attempt to fix anything that gets dumb in this game or is making the next buck your goal??? Just gotta ask
  • KROEG25
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dinobass said:
    How about giving Deluxe members the Items in the Battlefield V Premium Starter pack to make up for the underwhelming Airdrops? Not the currency but the Items only.
    DICE PLEASE 
  • Key2Destiny
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice instead of fixing the game puts in predatory microtransactions, typical DICE. Nothing to see here folks but a dying game.
  • Granatenmaxe
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Who cares about those skins anyway? If someone pays money for that then it has abolsulty no implications for me. They don't get faster, shoot better or have more skills with the skins. So let them sell the skins. Money has to come in somehow. 
  • Key2Destiny
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Who cares about those skins anyway? If someone pays money for that then it has abolsulty no implications for me. They don't get faster, shoot better or have more skills with the skins. So let them sell the skins. Money has to come in somehow. 
    Implying DICE (and subsequently EA) need more money. I hate to break it to you but EA already makes plenty of money from FIFA and Madden which could go into funding other games but obviously lines the pockets of those in charge. Making a good game is easily enough to rake in the money, you'd be surprised how powerful the word of mouth actually is. If a game is good people will praise it, in turn more people will buy the game which in turn generates more profit.
  • kukstaur
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just give us Tojo and Uncle Sam, and we'll be on our way
  • XPoorJudgmentX
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    [inappropriate post]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on