Are they ever going to properly fix TTD?

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
This game is actually near unplayable for me on my regular decent connection. I have 20-30 ping, and zero network icons 99% of the time I play. But everything kills me instantly. Yet I haven't heard anything being about it anymore.

From what I've noticed the game basically saves up damage up until the last bullet and gives it to me all at once so I stand around getting damaged like an idiot, but I don't know it. For instance, MG-42s drop me like a bolt-action headshot, not exaggerating, and even Recon SLRs kill me faster than I can react. Instead of (shot)--(shot) I experience (shot)(shot) with a microsecond of delay between bullets hitting me.

This is extremely frustrating. I can kill normally and I know how long it takes to kill with each type of weapon, so dying to the same weapons INSTANTLY is very noticeable.

Comments

• sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Might be worth posting a gameplay vid with this?
  • SlowOldWarrior
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Do you really think that they read this forum?
  • spartanx169x
    873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game is actually near unplayable for me on my regular decent connection. I have 20-30 ping, and zero network icons 99% of the time I play. But everything kills me instantly. Yet I haven't heard anything being about it anymore.

From what I've noticed the game basically saves up damage up until the last bullet and gives it to me all at once so I stand around getting damaged like an idiot, but I don't know it. For instance, MG-42s drop me like a bolt-action headshot, not exaggerating, and even Recon SLRs kill me faster than I can react. Instead of (shot)--(shot) I experience (shot)(shot) with a microsecond of delay between bullets hitting me.

This is extremely frustrating. I can kill normally and I know how long it takes to kill with each type of weapon, so dying to the same weapons INSTANTLY is very noticeable.
    I recommend videoing several deaths. Then go watch them. I'm almost sure you will see your health go down in increments(per bullet) and not all at once.  If your enemy does not miss one bullet you will die almost instantly. Also if you are obviously being shot by more than one person, it is almost instant death. This is problem with the TTK and how the weapons have been designed. To answer your post, there will be no significant changes that will make this better short of overhauling most weapons.The sebaltwhatever is a twoshot kill. If they don't miss you are dead, no time to react particularly if they are running with a teammate with the same gun. 
  • sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you really think that they read this forum?
    Well it helps validate the issue doesn't it?
  • Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    but....but the TTK/TTD make the game more tactical...this is the excuse you all post here in the forum
  • Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Might be worth posting a gameplay vid with this

we all have moments like these...no video needed
    getting killed in 0,00001ms lol

• olavafar
    2238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As far as I know they have checked this off as fixed. I do not think I have any real issues with it. Note that the low TTK will still make some TTD 'artifacts' quite common (as I pointed out when the patch was released) but for those there is no real fix other than increasing the TTK which is basically just a way to make the issues appear less often.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I cant emphasize your frustration....
    the SLR kills are literally bull.... they shoot faster than my SMG it happens pretty much all the time... I can understand model 8 or ZH-29 or selbs killing you relatively quickly, but Ive been shot by Lee Enfield in 2 shots one after another. I should be able at least to turn around... nope

the one shot kill from handguns other than revolver... really?
    number of times I'm shooting at a guy using tommy gun, going directly at his face and chest while he kills me with 1 shot from stg

I recommend videoing several deaths. Then go watch them. I'm almost sure you will see your health go down in increments(per bullet) and not all at once.  If your enemy does not miss one bullet you will die almost instantly. Also if you are obviously being shot by more than one person, it is almost instant death. This is problem with the TTK and how the weapons have been designed. To answer your post, there will be no significant changes that will make this better short of overhauling most weapons.The sebaltwhatever is a twoshot kill. If they don't miss you are dead, no time to react particularly if they are running with a teammate with the same gun. 
    yes those increments per bullet may count but they do not correspond to the actual fire rate of the weapon.
    we are talking about 1v1 instances as well.
    I play on max sensitivity and half the times I cant even turn around to check who is shooting at me.
    Right now (since the firestorm update mostly) the TTD is so bad that most of the time when I get shot I just let go of the controller because I know there is nothing I can do. funny enough, yesterday I was shot like 4 times and survived picked up the controller and ran away.
    worst thing is the bipod feckers being 100-150m away and you still die in 1-2 shots.... its like there is no spread at that distance (which there shoul be)
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019

the BAR kills are literally bull.... they shoot faster than my SMG it happens pretty much all the time... I can understand SLR like model 8 or ZH-29 or selbs killing you relatively quickly, but Ive been shot by Lee Enfield in 2 shots one after another. I should be able at least to turn around... nope

number of times I'm shooting at a guy using tommy gun, going directly at his face and chest while he kills me with 1 shot from stg

yes those increments per bullet may count but they do not correspond to the actual fire rate of the weapon.
    I play on max sensitivity and half the times I cant even turn around to check who is shooting at me. 
    Right now (since the firestorm update mostly) the TTD is so bad that most of the time when I get shot I just let go of the controller because I know there is nothing I can do. funny enough, yesterday I was shot like 4 times and survived picked up the controller and ran away.
    worst thing is the bipod feckers being 100-150m away and you still die in 1-2 shots.... its like there is no spread at that distance (which there shoul be)
    Post edited by MatthewSkeet on
  • BlindChance
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MMGs have insane rate of fire. 1200 RPM (extreme example I know) means 20 bullets shot at you in ONE second. Assuming the first 6 hit, you die in approx 0.30 of a second. The average reaction time for humans is 0.25 second.

Self-loading rifles (all non-bolt action sniper rifles) have average 180 RPM. That is approx 3 bullets per second. Considering the bullet travel time AND the game's network delay, by the time the first bullet hits you other one is almost on the way. This will never get fixed. 

• NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After reading a Tweet and watch the Youtube video that was linked to it I made some changes and TTD feels better now.

Not perfect, but better, the game still need netcode fixes and ping limits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyojsxHfB4o&list=WL

I changed my DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8.

Apparently my ISP DNS server has trouble with (traffic routing to) BF V Amazon virtual gameservers.

Might also explain why I had trouble with half the servers in BF1 (they used Amazon and another server provider in BF1)
  • sabootheshaman
    Billydoc1 said:
    Might be worth posting a gameplay vid with this

we all have moments like these...no video needed
    getting killed in 0,00001ms lol

I have them rarely... read the OP who says its constant and maybe don't speak for "everyone"
  • MatthewSkeet
    MMGs have insane rate of fire. 1200 RPM (extreme example I know) means 20 bullets shot at you in ONE second. Assuming the first 6 hit, you die in approx 0.30 of a second. The average reaction time for humans is 0.25 second.

Self-loading rifles (all non-bolt action sniper rifles) have average 180 RPM. That is approx 3 bullets per second. Considering the bullet travel time AND the game's network delay, by the time the first bullet hits you other one is almost on the way. This will never get fixed. 

I'm not disputing mmgs especially at close range, I'm disputing hit rate and effectiveness at 100 or 150m when you have spread and recoil to account for

And just noticed that made a typo ... I'm happy with SLR I'm not happy with BAR killing me faster than SLR I'll update my previous comments
  • MatthewSkeet

the SLR kills are literally bull.... they shoot faster than my SMG it happens pretty much all the time... I can understand model 8 or ZH-29 or selbs killing you relatively quickly, but Ive been shot by Lee Enfield in 2 shots one after another. I should be able at least to turn around... nope

• MatthewSkeet

• trip1ex
    5181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    There is no TTD problem.  And never has been.

They favor the shooter in these games and game is played over the internet.  And you have a game with 64 players.  That's what your TTD problem is.

IF they didn't want to favor the shooter then your TTD could improve but your experience of shooting your gun would worsen.  You'd have to lead a lot more and guess more where the enemy actually is in the game state.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:

They favor the shooter in these games and game is played over the internet.  And you have a game with 64 players.  That's what your TTD problem is.

IF they didn't want to favor the shooter then your TTD could improve but your experience of shooting your gun would worsen.  You'd have to lead a lot more and guess more where the enemy actually is in the game state.

Yet higher tickrates would improve the experience ;)
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:

Yet higher tickrates would improve the experience ;)
    Also a ping limit and less lag compensation/different hit reg settings (like ping at which the game switches to server side hit reg only) would make the expereince better  ;)
    No more bundled hits/deaths from players with ping above 60 ... 
  • BlindChance
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    NLBartmaN said:
    After reading a Tweet and watch the Youtube video that was linked to it I made some changes and TTD feels better now.

Not perfect, but better, the game still need netcode fixes and ping limits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyojsxHfB4o&list=WL

I changed my DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8.

Apparently my ISP DNS server has trouble with (traffic routing to) BF V Amazon virtual gameservers.

Might also explain why I had trouble with half the servers in BF1 (they used Amazon and another server provider in BF1)
    Placebo effect ;) DNS would not affect your netcode experience. Address resolution happens once when you are connecting to a server and the game remembers your game server IP address, it doesn't need to constantly resolve it. I haven't watched the whole video, but I agree that you should not game over WiFi connection, even only to your router.
  • GrizzGolf
    1323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If anything I think the guns need a little more balancing.