DISCUSSION : Battlefield™ Coins Megathread

Comments

• Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well we all knew monetization was coming. It could have been implemented the better way but now you look a bit weird acting like microtransactions came out of nowhere.
    Have to agree. Although I'm a little annoyed by the fact that you can't buy them with CC, it's not exactly surprising if you haven't been living under a rock that they've added a premium currency - it was announced quite a while before launch.
    Also you're really comparing a premium currency... to maps? I don't even know any more.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wasn't the whole point of microtransactions to fund further development and new content? Can't sit here and complain about the supposed solution to the lack of maps.
  • someguy12121
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well we all knew monetization was coming. It could have been implemented the better way but now you look a bit weird acting like microtransactions came out of nowhere.

I knew it was coming however the continued lack of caring about content is troubling.
    Wasn't the whole point of microtransactions to fund further development and new content? Can't sit here and complain about the supposed solution to the lack of maps.

It is supposed to be but other Battlefield games released major content releases either shortly before microtransactions or without any.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gotta love human behaviour! Oh, I made an assumption about something and therefore it can't possibly be my fault that I drew the wrong conclusion,after all I'm infallible in my way of perceiving the world and it's always everyone else that is wrong.

Jeez people, this is not the end of the world and if you genuine believe you would get everything for nothing then you're gonna struggle in life.

If your assumption about everything free was true, how did you think EA was going to generate any revenue from the game, seeing as everyone would just grind for the freebies?

There's plenty of reasons to give EA the boot, but this is not one of them.

Um, point out where someone said they thought they’d get everything for free? We’re talking about Boins, not one person said “everything free.” SWBF2 had a “pay to skip the grind” system, as do many games. EA gave the impressions that all would be unlockable by grind/assignments etc. Which isn’t true.

And you are proving my previous post: you never expected anything but paid-only cosmetics, because you KNOW EA. Not everyone does, and they are surprised to learn how deceptive EA can be. You, me, many of us learned this long ago and therefore don’t really “blame” EA for the deception, but rather the Mark for believing it in the fist place.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gotta love human behaviour! Oh, I made an assumption about something and therefore it can't possibly be my fault that I drew the wrong conclusion,after all I'm infallible in my way of perceiving the world and it's always everyone else that is wrong.

Jeez people, this is not the end of the world and if you genuine believe you would get everything for nothing then you're gonna struggle in life.

If your assumption about everything free was true, how did you think EA was going to generate any revenue from the game, seeing as everyone would just grind for the freebies?

There's plenty of reasons to give EA the boot, but this is not one of them.
    EA gave the impressions that all would be unlockable by grind/assignments etc. Which isn’t true.
    Actually...
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It is supposed to be but other Battlefield games released major content releases either shortly before microtransactions or without any.
    They had the Premium and paid DLC model though. A percentage of the player population paid for all their DLC ahead of time, and then DICE released the paid DLC as well so they made money off all content added. BFV is supposed to be all free major content supported by cosmetic microtransactions. It's a totally different system.
  • IamSoSorry59
    161 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am a self made multi million Euro person and I am proud of of it, but I won`t spend a single penny in how do I am dressed . I mix all the the gun parts and clothes ,so I hope it´s the same how I play this game............................Like a clown,wanne a balloon .
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @TEKNOCODE

I’ll take that as a “we’ll see.” First, it just says “epic cosmetics.” Which doesn’t rule out Boins only “legendary” or whatever tier coz.

Second, it once again says “epic cosmetics” and not *all* “epic cosmetics.” Leaving the same loophole which started this debate. You guys could just say “well the tweet only says epic cosmetics, not ALL epic cosmetics, no more no less.”

Third, it’s a tweet, from EA. Which to me carries little credibility.
  • Trokey66
    9107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @TEKNOCODE

I’ll take that as a “we’ll see.” First, it just says “epic cosmetics.” Which doesn’t rule out Boins only “legendary” or whatever tier coz.

Second, it once again says “epic cosmetics” and not *all* “epic cosmetics.” Leaving the same loophole which started this debate. You guys could just say “well the tweet only says epic cosmetics, not ALL epic cosmetics, no more no less.”

And yet you are astounded that the flowchart is not accurate!
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    @TEKNOCODE

The only items that bfc will be required to purchase are the elite sets.

It was the same in siege too.
  • TeRRaN1VA
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    battlefield currency, WTF!??    NOT 1 CENT you guy GET.

shame your selfs!
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Exactly. People whined about premium so DICE got rid of it in favor of paid cosmetics and now people are whining about paid cosmetics. Something that has absolutely no impact on the game in any shape or form but people still complain.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    bran1986 wrote: »

Exactly. People whined about premium so DICE got rid of it in favor of paid cosmetics and now people are whining about paid cosmetics. Something that has absolutely no impact on the game in any shape or form but people still complain.

So why put out misleading charts and statements? Of course mtx pays for new stuff, that’s the Dead Service model.

The answer: EA knows that tricking children is big business (see, e.g., Fortnite, Fifa).
  • Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was announced pretty much the same time the game was.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

So why put out misleading charts and statements? Of course mtx pays for new stuff, that’s the Dead Service model.

The answer: EA knows that tricking children is big business (see, e.g., Fortnite, Fifa).

There was nothing misleading in the charts. DICE always said there would be cosmetics that could only be obtained through real money.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    edited April 2019
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    @TEKNOCODE

I am? Please point out where I said that. I would never be even mildly surprised by EA lying. I’m defending the people who are new to EA, and thus don’t know yet that EA routinely lies. They were mislead by a misleading chart from a mendacious company. They (like you and I did at some point) will eventually learn the hard way.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Can you please point out where exactly is the lie?
    Since nobody ever said that you can get every skin with CC. Looking at other games it's totally normal but some people seem to be new to this...

P.S. I can get epic cosmetics with assignments so they're telling the truth ;) The chart might be misleading yes but it's not a lie and I guess they asked their lawyers before releasing it.
  • LinkZeppeloyd

There was nothing misleading in the charts. DICE always said there would be cosmetics that could only be obtained through real money.

But it is misleading, because it’s missing the “boins only” square. Of course you can weasel out of it by saying “well it doesn’t say ALL coz.”

Which is true. It also doesn’t say “some coz.” It’s ambiguous. They could have included the “boins only” square and.... didn’t.