Getting Low FPS for no reason with high-end system

2»

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same problem from some days ago. I played normally between 75fps to 90fps on Ultra with all maxed out. My specs are I7 3770 - 16GB RAM DDR3 1600Mhz - GTX 1060 6GB. I cant get more than 40fps on ultra already. I reinstalled Nvidia Drivers and BF1 but have the same problem. Its strange because BFV run normally. I dont have any idea that whats going on. Help please.
    It's that CPU buddy, its below the min spec (i5-6600K) and BF1 is pretty heavy on the CPU so needless to say low FPS is expected. My old system was remarkably similar to yours except I had an i5-7400 and I still had drops into the 30s + 40s. I tried all the alleged software fixes and none of them worked so I can't really recommend them. Wasn't until I upgraded to a newer i7 model when the FPS became stable.

Either way, just upgrade the CPU to a 7700K Or higher and you should be fine. You'll eventually have to if you want to run AAA games at 60+ FPS Ultra so just do it now or sometime soon.
  • uz_bolderaju
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    when BF1 came out I was on i5 3570k @4.5 GHz with gtx 770 and 16 Gb ddr3 1600 ram . That was a nightmare with framedrops and microstutters .

Then I buy  I7 8700k and you know what ? All those problems are gone ! 

With mixed settings textures ultra , mesh ultra , TAA  @ 1920*1080p I get 150 - 240 fps ( depends on map )

All your stuttering problems are in potato CPU`s !!!

• BigF33t_13
    6657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 16
    when BF1 came out I was on i5 3570k @4.5 GHz with gtx 770 and 16 Gb ddr3 1600 ram . That was a nightmare with framedrops and microstutters .

Then I buy  I7 8700k and you know what ? All those problems are gone ! 

With mixed settings textures ultra , mesh ultra , TAA  @ 1920*1080p I get 150 - 240 fps ( depends on map )

All your stuttering problems are in potato CPU`s !!!

Has nothing to do with "potato cpu's". If you know anything about this game, it's all about threads. My "potato cpu" runs the game fine, with no stutters. Why comment in a thread when you really haven't a clue?
  • uz_bolderaju
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    in PC gaming since ZXspectrum and of course i do not know nothing about compuer hardware 

2059 hours in BF1 and i dont know anything about it :lol:

you are one funny guy BigF33t_13 :)
  • BlindChance
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is not a high end system...