Who else got the resident skin?

thebossman2202
401 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I know everyone is pretty angry, but did anybody get the new Resident skin? I got it for my medic. I think it looks nice for a common skin since it makes me look like a regular citizen forced into war.

Also Dice I'm dissapointed in the prices for the skins in this game as well lock8ng it behind pay wall. Y'all need to do better

Comments

• TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So do the skins look like crap while being overly expensive or something? I wouldn't know as I haven't played for weeks.
  • thebossman2202
    401 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So do the skins look like crap while being overly expensive or something? I wouldn't know as I haven't played for weeks.

Honestly the skins look pretty dope thats the issue tho, their locked behind a paywall with no chance to get it
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't even seen the new skins. Where are they hidden? My armour is empty
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Honestly the skins look pretty dope thats the issue tho, their locked behind a paywall with no chance to get it

So there's zero option to get them with CC? Not really surprised there.
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They're okay but honestly not that different from what's already there.  Lots of gas masks (naturally) and uniforms blinged up with medals and ammo magazines, etc.  There's a couple interesting head pieces I guess but it's nothing to get overly bent out of shape over IMO.  They also released some new one you can buy with CC like the aforementioned Resident (an ally uniform that is basically a pull over sweater) and one called Resistance, or something like that, with a white scarf on it.  There's a couple ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ones as well, an additional trenchcoat and a somewhat unique pancho that has unfortunate clipping issues from what I've seen.  No one seems to care, or at least all the talk has been about outfits, but there's also some epic boin only gun skins on offer that have like foliage attached to the barrel.  Honestly I was thinking they'd sell things like hairdos or the prosthetic arm but what's on offer is even more underwhelming that that.  Really just more variations of brown and gray uniforms.  You'd definitely be hard pressed to tell someone wearing new epic pants, for example, from currently existing ones.  Only a couple torso pieces and head pieces stand out at all.
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (The blanked word is N--A--Z--I BTW, not a curse word, haha)
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I know everyone is pretty angry, but did anybody get the new Resident skin? I got it for my medic. I think it looks nice for a common skin since it makes me look like a regular citizen forced into war.

Also Dice I'm dissapointed in the prices for the skins in this game as well lock8ng it behind pay wall. Y'all need to do better
    Apparently, the Resident skin is similar to the clothes that the SAS wore during their operations in the African Front.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Wrong 

• Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Wrong 

I've seen that tweet - however, there are two things wrong in my mind. First off, does this refer to all/most of the new Epic skins, or just the epic skins that are already unlockable through max class and weapon rank? Will the ones unlocked through the ToW rewards be full outfits, or just the head piece like we've seen with that Final Coutndown headpiece which now has a full uniform to go with it?
    Also, even if this was the intention from the start, they should have clearly communicated this from the start and more clearly (like, in the patch notes or community broadcast) because evidently not everyone has seen this, and it doesn't offer a massive amount of clarity.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Pretty sure it refers to some of the epic skins and not to all of them. Dice said from the get go that there would be some epic skins that could only be obtained with Boins.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Pretty sure it refers to some of the epic skins and not to all of them. Dice said from the get go that there would be some epic skins that could only be obtained with Boins.
    Pretty  sure isn't good enough. If you are not absolutely sure then why post something?  Do you have anything to back  up your statement? Just sounds like you are taking a stab in the dark. 
  • fragnstein
    809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    The difference being epic skins can be bought with cc. Elite skins are money skins. A lot of people seem to be confusing epic and elite
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    The difference being epic skins can be bought with cc. Elite skins are money skins. A lot of people seem to be confusing epic and elite

Nope. Epic cannot be bought with CC. Epic skins can be acquired either through real money or by earning them from completing assignments/achievements, etc. Elite skins can only be had for money. There is no way to earn them.