Platoon emblems.

Trokey66
8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
As we know, Platoon emblems are not activated in BFV and I strongly suspect the reason being that the game would be awash with 'unsavory' and 'immature' symbology.

Whether you agree with that or not, is moot.

What if Platoon emblems could be 'approved' before use?

ForumFielders is, for example, a verified Platoon so why not allow it's emblem to be used be representing members. Part of the verification process could be approval of the emblem.

Just a thought.

Comments

• HuwJarz
    3944 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Who would do the verification? 

That costs money.....

Also, one man's nominally decent emblem is another man's annoyance.

Last year, someone I know designed an emblem with a salt mine in it and a forum ban resulted. There was nothing nominally offensive i the emblem. 
  • shaggysk8er
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    screw that idea bro, not trying to s*&t on it or anything but we have been having that customization option at least since BF3. Why change it now? We should have the option to create our own symbols besides the extremely lame symbols that they give us to unlock in the tides of war and anything else. Lame! Its time for us to get in there and start with us creating our own as before
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 26
    What about if you could create your own image, not using BF4 and BF1's image creating symbol thingy (technical term) but literally your own design using your own tech. 

If it passes an approval process there's a charge for this to be paid for in Boins. I'm not going to pay a penny for the current skins, but I would pay for my communities own emblem to be on my soldiers clothing.

I imagine the revenue created from this would easily fund plenty of new content. 
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    As we know, Platoon emblems are not activated in BFV and I strongly suspect the reason being that the game would be awash with 'unsavory' and 'immature' symbology.

Whether you agree with that or not, is moot.

What if Platoon emblems could be 'approved' before use?

ForumFielders is, for example, a verified Platoon so why not allow it's emblem to be used be representing members. Part of the verification process could be approval of the emblem.

Just a thought.
    =======
    Precisely.

or even this (except I would argue the image needs to be on the kill-cam as well as the uniform, but a larger version in the kill-cam)
    ==========
    What about if you could create your own image, not using BF4 and BF1's image creating symbol thingy (technical term) but literally your own design using your own tech. 

If it passes an approval process there's a charge for this to be paid for in Boins. I'm not going to pay a penny for the current skins, but I would pay for my communities own emblem to be on my soldiers clothing.

I imagine the revenue created from this would easily fund plenty of new content. 

• FF-Bulletsponge
    515 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I do miss seeing the FF emblem on my guns and vehicles :'(:'(
  • Noodlesocks
    3148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 7
    Should just let players create what they want and implement a functional and practical report/review system if they're really worried about what folk will create.

I admit, I miss my anime girl emblem.
  • dcs500
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 7
    Yeah, there’s always room for tanks with a giant c..k and balls painted on the turret, at least it will make Panzerstorm more fun.